GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Easy job
CHILDCARE CENTRE VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 January 2018
I only volunteered for the Little Gym in a Goodlife but it was a really good experience. I just got to hang out with kids while their parents worked out so it was fun. A really good program for parents as well
Pros
hanging out with kids, playing games, colouring
Cons
cleaning up after kids
Awesome place to work but very competitive in sales
PERSONAL TRAINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 January 2018
Money is good if you are passionate about personal training and helping people. Hardest part about the job is you have to gain your own clients. Depending on what manager you have. Sometimes they will give you clients if you become on their good side.
Pros
ability to create your own schedule
Cons
Long Hours (Dont get piad unless you have a client)
Love it
Fitness advisor and motivator (Current Employee) –  Country Hills, AB26 January 2018
I love the people i get to meet through this job! Sometimes management is a bit tuff but it depends which club you go to! I love the people i work with and i wish we could get a paid at least $15 a hour!
Pros
Free membership
Gym
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Techumseh and Newmarket25 January 2018
Great place to work, would train clients every day, learned tons of sales experience. Great culture, health oriented, hardest part of job was continuously getting leads.
Could use some improving
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2018
Positive atmosphere to work in but not enough hours to sustain a single income household. A lot of responsibility for the amount of compensation offered
Fun Workplace
Co-operative Education Student (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 January 2018
This type of environment is only for you if you like to get in the gym a lot. Otherwise, you will hate it their. This job taught me how to keep clean and how much of an effort it is to do so. It also answered all the qestions i had about working out.
Great place to begin and grow
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON22 January 2018
I have loved working for Goodlife. It has been 3 years and if I wasn't relocating and changing to a clinical career path I would stay forever. They pay you to look for clients and provide you with all the education and resources necessary to do so. They have a systematic approach to building a business and teaching you how to do so. I advanced in pay and to a management position within my first 2 years within the company. When you want a raise you get it yourself - you can make your own schedule and create a niche for the passion and clientele you want to have. The most challenging part of the job is the work life balance but just because I wasn't good at telling clients I'm not available doesn't mean you can't. I highly recommend it.
Pros
50% education/ course coverage
Cons
you definitely have to work hard and the uniform shirts have static issues
good for some, terrible for others
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
great place to work if you have zero experience in anything as they basically hire anyone that applies for the sales position. unfortunately this is because they are always short staffed in this position due to the crazy high turnover. I don't need to spell out what high turnover is usually caused by. If you are good at your job the money can be pretty good and surprisingly the more successful you are the less work you have to do as management will basically hand all the easy sales to you. basic career path is fitness advisor-assistant GM/sales manager than GM. once you hit GM you will be there for 8-10 years minimum before the next position opens up. The job is unbelievably repetitive regardless of position.
Pros
money can be pretty good
Cons
Poor Management, Company seems to be going downhill having to do huge promotions every month now to hit goals.
Excellent experience
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2018
Loved working here for many years. Excellent work environment, very energetic staff and loved making relationships with members. Motivating and rewarding job seeing changes in everyones lives.
Great job for students
Motivator and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
Working at GoodLife Fitness is fun and enjoyable.
You get to meet amazing and energetic people who are enthusiastic about working out.

GoodLife Fitness job culture is very friendly and flexible.
They usually have great teams to work with.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Repetitive jobs
Living the corporate life, not the good life.
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
This company is way too much of a corporate culture that doesn't care about its employees or its members. They constantly have new initiatives to try and get business that is often extremely shady. They expect far too much from sales and personal training staff and do not compensate them appropriately for their hard work and pressure from the job.
large work load, little training, high expectaions, rules and expectations not equal for all in same position
Home Office Club Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 January 2018
Over the time I worked there I noticed the company mission statement and culture appeared to only apply to the plaque posted on the wall and the awards they won be default.
Good First Start
Personal Trainer and Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 January 2018
GoodLife is a good place to start your fitness and sales career. Really comprehensive ongoing sales training, of a certain style. Hourly compensation can be good, but the hours you keep are challenging. Very fair commission program if you like to sell.
Great place to work!
Sales Support Admin (Corp & Business Development) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
I loved my job at GoodLife and it's the best place I've ever worked for! I had a wide variety of responsibilities so I really learned a lot. Once the Corporate Account Administrators secured their accounts I would look after all necessary administration up to and including collections. Management was wonderful and always made me feel valued and respected. We had a fun, happy and respectful work atmosphere and I'm really going to miss everyone.
Pros
Great work culture
Environment friendly
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  York, ON28 December 2017
GoodLife fitness is a place where the employees try to help people reach their fitness goals. You get to interact with a lot of people and communicate with most of them.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Rude Members
Good company
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 December 2017
Good life is a good company, but the successes of each Personal trainer depends on the Fitness manager. She or he can "freeze you out " even if you are excellent trainer or they can give you lots of leads and clients even if you are less then average . Bottom line the favouritism is rampant. Otherwise, fun environment, good core values.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Fitness managers play favourites
Overall Good Work Experience
Fitness Advisor, Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 December 2017
I have worked in a number of positions with GoodLife Fitness over the years, each provided a new set of challenges and opportunities. I enjoyed the fast paced ever changing environment, and the positive atmosphere in the clubs! As a young person starting out in the fitness industry, I acquired many valuable skills that I will carry through to my next career.
Amazing
Customer service front (Former Employee) –  London11 December 2017
This place was amazing to work at by the staff and the people coming to order food. This placed is very missed. It closed down but will forever be on of the best jobs.
Fun enviorment
Member Experience department (Current Employee) –  Member Experience Department11 December 2017
This company has many things going on through the year to engage staff. The office itself is very big with lots and room and open light(windows). Ping pong table is very fun :)
Amazing culture and team environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON10 December 2017
I have learned so much from working at GoodLife Fitness, people are very friendly and caring. Every associate believe in their core values, TRUST, INTEGRITY, CARING, PERSONAL FITNESS, HAPPINESS, PEAK ATTITUDE, PASSION
It is a family environment, even members knows your name and build so much rapport with you.
Management team is great, always willing to help and very friendly.
They make you feel like home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.