GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Canada913 reviews
Great work culture with lots of perks and room to move around. They cap your wage after a certain period. If you like sales, goodlife is the place for you (there is a lot of room to make money if you're good at selling).

Personal trainers should get paid more.

Overall, decent place to work!
Pros
Free membership plus 1 extra, friendly co workers, meet lots of new people, relaxed atmosphere, provided T shirt uniforms, discounted personal training packages, easy to transfer clubs
Cons
Air conditioning gets really cold after a while, some members can be hard to deal with, minimum wage
GoodLife is a culture company. We work by our core values on a daily basis, which we transpire this to our new and current members. always have a set goal for each month
Great place to gain experience and build a resume. Great opportunity to develop new skills and build confidence. Great opportunity for advancement and learn managerial skills.
The personal training and sales jobs are super stressful. If you don't hit your targets you get written up. A lot of the targets are unrealistic. Clients should be evened out and divvied up between trainers.
This company and job is what you make it. If you work hard and look for clients then you can generally make more money.
Benefits package for PT department is based on hours so if your sales skills are lacking (yes it is a sales position as well) then you pay a lot for benefits.
Pros
Commission
Benefits
The job it self was not hard. The staff was the highlight. Everyone one was high energy and fun to work with. Work alone and early mornings. Did not get to see much of managers because of this.
Fun, face paced workplace. Not a whole lot of room for growth. People are friendly. Management are always willing to help. Overall a good place to work.
My experience at GoodLife Fitness has been amazing. As a group fitness instructor, I have been involved in teaching world-class fitness experience to members. I have really grown as a fitness instructor. They give you plenty of opportunities to improve your skills and put them to use. If you want to grow, this is the place to do it - if you want to go nowhere, work at another gym.
The system of how things work is terrible. Corporate does little to support their workers. internal management is not great and employees are not paid enough for what they have to do.
The club rips you off. Your commission and pay is less than 50% of what the client is paying the gym. The managers have no clue about fitness and how to sell fitness plans. The way they make you sell is ridiculous, it is very aggressive and easily deters clients who are already insecure about the gym by making us question their dedication so they buy now.
he job is much harder than other places due to it being completely sales oriented - but you can also make WAY more money than any of the 1,000 studios/personally owned gyms in the city. As a PT, I made over $80K 4 years in a row, but I also worked 60+ hours a week.
The job is very demanding, you have to be ok with approaching strangers and doing constant lead generation. I did learn some valuable sales skills while working there.
Overall one of the best companies to work for. Top 500 in Canada!

Just needs a little extra Incentive and better pay maybe a bonus at the end of the year for top sales employee!
Working here seemed like it would be fun at first, a little bit of a laid back environment and then by the time the end of the month hits you’re basically forcing memberships and training packages down peoples throats... whether they need all the services or not. Sales goals come before all else including integrity. They also hire a lot of young people (which I thought would be entertaining at the very least).... no. Lots of different attitudes, immaturity dominates. The commission was nice though. All that being said, there are worse places to work
Pros
Commission, free membership
Cons
Long hours, selling practices
A very fun and relaxed place to work at. The work environment is fairly easy and enjoyable at the same time. It like you become apart of the community with all the members that come in occasionally
Encouraging membership to keep up with their goals checking them in to the gym, selling membership. I loved working at Goodlife fitness, the environment was easy-going and relaxed.
Just like any other job out there you can have fun while you work at GoodLife, but it is important to stay on top of maintaining your goals at all times, and helping to encourage others you work with to do the same. You get to work with a variety of great people from all walks of life which is awesome.
I left as I finished school it's fun u get a gym membership and can try classes and use pool not enough hours for me overall pretty cool place to work at
Great workplace to be in day in and day out. You can really make a difference in a persons life and help them to an unimaginable place that they never thought possible.
Very slow or either very fast paced. Super repetitive and felt like I was scamming people into something they didn't really need. Typical day was scanning customer IDs, selling memberships and laundry.
although I didnt work here for pay, I did co-op here and it was an amazing experience. I loved all the staff,they were very respectful and kind. working with the kids during daycare was also a great experience. everyone works as a team and collaborates with one another which is needed in a work place. also I was Able to workout after so that was a bonus that I loved
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.