GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Mississauga, ON33 reviews
Overall GoodLife is a good company that trains their managers well and believes in an enjoyable culture.

The only thing I would say is that it's not for people who like any autonomy, you are strongly managed with meetings and phone calls with your DM 2-3 times DAILY. Yes your DM checks in on you a minimum of 3 times daily. I found this too much micro management personally.

It's a good company with a nice culture and good training but it's not for anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Working here seemed like it would be fun at first, a little bit of a laid back environment and then by the time the end of the month hits you’re basically forcing memberships and training packages down peoples throats... whether they need all the services or not. Sales goals come before all else including integrity. They also hire a lot of young people (which I thought would be entertaining at the very least).... no. Lots of different attitudes, immaturity dominates. The commission was nice though. All that being said, there are worse places to work
Pros
Commission, free membership
Cons
Long hours, selling practices
Just like any other job out there you can have fun while you work at GoodLife, but it is important to stay on top of maintaining your goals at all times, and helping to encourage others you work with to do the same. You get to work with a variety of great people from all walks of life which is awesome.
The job environment was very toxic. There was too much politics surrounding walk in procedure and company is very money hungry. High turnover rate too
its like cold calling people but they try to sugar coat it and focus on leads they do a lot and i mean ALOT of role-playing and micromanaging they have the fastest turn over rates. when i worked there 7 people got hired and quit in 2 months its a job and they scam
I was a Fitness Advisor at two different clubs and it didn’t matter where, the job itself is NOT worth it! They tell you that if you’re not hitting your goals they’ll help you understand “why” but that’s wrong and they’ll just hassle you until you either hit them or leave. There’s a lot of people in the wrong positions in this company and I do not know how certain people have been promoted. Unless you can “fit in with the lifestyle” don’t even bother!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low pay for what you’re doing, hours, management, lack of training
GoodLife's teaches you on the job necessary skills but the income is below industry standard, and management can be good depending on the individual managers themselves. As a trainer, you get to set your own schedule with your clients unless other clients are forced upon you. Fellow associates were great and easy to work with.
This is a great environment to be in. Promotes a healthy life for everyone including the kids. Parents get to work out and be healthy while the kids get to play with us and have a great time.
I was with this company for 5 years, started as a personal trainer and kept being promoted to bigger and bigger clubs as a manager. I drank the koolaid and really embraces systems and was very successful with the company. Once I started managing one of their super clubs, I had to hire and onboard of team of 20+ trainers with little to no support, and was expected to produce crazy results immediately which just didn't make sense. I was let go 6 months later and would never work for the company again.
Pros
Good place to start in the industry with zero experience, but get out after a year or two
Cons
high turnover, treated like a number not a person, lack of integrity, only focus on the bottom line
Help clients reach their goals putting a smile on their face.

Learning how to take care of one self and learning the salesmanship required to obtain clients.
Pros
live music
Cons
inconsistency in clientelle
experience depends on the location. group fitness leader seems like the best position, every other position seems like they are low balled and get the short end of the stick.
As the front desk clerk, it was nice to be able to interact with members as a part of my duties. I developed my communication towards customers or clients through this experience. Typically, I would answer the phone, schedule massage appointments, greet members, and wash towels.
Strictly sales based positions. If sales is not your things, this may not be the company for you unless you have 10/10 management that will really help your sales.
Cold calling was a big part of the job if you wanted that bonus monthly. Management was amazing and very supportive, the hardest part of the job would be to convince the clients to come in and try the place out.
Pros
good money
Cons
Working at GoodLife Fitness is not worth your time and the pay is terrible. Management will almost never agree to a raise but on the rare occasion they do, it’s usually around 10 cents. You have no benefits working front desk or day care. Minimal to no training is given to associates. Work experience, mandatory training or education is apparently unnecessary when caring for 6 week old babies. Management is unorganized, unprofessional and unproductive. Job security is not guaranteed.
Good life Fitness built the foundation I now hold as a personal trainer and built upon during the years. a typical day would require hard work prospecting for clients, training your clients making sure each and everyone's needs were met and service was provided well beyond what is expected. Management is very professional yet there's a very good balance between your boss and your peers. Many times you would expect hanging out with your fellow associates and manager outside the club for dinner, movies, and just having fun over someones house.
A really fun atmosphere to work in. Great staff! The opportunity to make a boat load of commissions. The hardest part of the job is balancing your personal life with Goodlife's monthly membership goals.
Pros
fun atmosphere, with great people!
Cons
job security
It's easy to watch the kids. The kids are really nice and listen to you. You have help from other staff members and you get a free membership for volunteering.
Pros
Free membership
This position was wonderful, speaking to members about their overall fitness and goals and just assisting and motivating them into a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Unreliable coworkers
Goodlife Fitness JUMP is a great environment to work in. Though it is around minimum wage, it is worth it to work there. The coworkers and managers are very kind and working with the children is very easy and fun. Very much recommend this workplace.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
No cons
Goodlife fitness was an amazing opportunity for me. I got the chance to work there through a summer jobs program and I loved it. The environment was great and so were the people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.