GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Kanata, ON

Kanata, ON5 reviews
On a day to day basis everything was broken down and planned out well, our sales goals for the day were broken down at the beginning of each shift. In "das" books daily schedule was also planned out therefore expectations were very well broken down from how long lead generation would be, how long your workout/lunch was and how many times you would leave open for following up with clientele with phone calls etc. Management and staff were gossipy and unprofessional at times although supportive when necessary. I found the most difficult part of the job was managing my time outside of my long work hours and learning how to always be consistent with sales although management gave me excellent support through roll plays, and different training exercises. My favourite part about working at Goodlife was being able to have time to workout everyday during my shift as well as having the chance to change, help and save lives.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
Although I love being a trainer and helping people working for a corporation is not worth it. The people I worked with are amazing and I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by people who had knowledge and experience of 8+ years working for the company but there were also a lot of negatives that came with this job.
You need to be really good at selling and sometimes it can take months - years to build up a steady business of clients who are committed to staying with you for a few years. Overall the environment is relaxing but it’s common to hear the phrase “overworked and underpaid” working for this company and the shock that most clients get knowing their trainers are getting paid a quarter of what the gym makes. They also don’t always have amazing management staff and throw a lot of people who are inexperienced into the job.

It can be a rewarding job but go into it with experience or at least learn from it and fly solo after a couple years.
Pros
Fun, Can be relaxing, Rewarding and educational
Cons
Overworked-underpaid, Sometimes inexperienced managers, first year or two is stressful
My typical was in the evening and what the consist of is doing towels and cleaning the gym, and lastly helping member with there problems for there membership. The hardest part about working at good life would be that you will always have to find something to do and keep busy and not just stand around. They part that i did enjoy would be seeing the member coming in and saying hello and asking how my day was going etc.
Pros
free membership
Cons
if you work very hard, they will not recognized the hard work that you do there
Great place to challenge yourself and gain experience in the fitness industry, I met a lot of really great people that have helped mold me into the best version of myself.
*Love helping other people
*Constantly learning new things

*Great co-workers

*Very sales focused
Pros
Get to create your own schedule
Cons
Long hours to start, no job stability
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.