GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Hamilton, ON16 reviews
A typical day at good life fitness would be pretty easy. First I would enter the jump room but if I'm early I would sit in the massage chairs for a little bit. After entering the jump room I would turn on the lights and un-stack the chairs and wait for the first wave of kids to come, when they came I would help them find a toy and I would play with them. If there were a lot of kids we would sometimes play a group game like what time is it Mr.wolf or hide and seek.
Pros
free membership
I have nothing but good things to say about working for Goodlife. The management, education opportunities, benefits, career advancement opportunities and fulfillment you get from this job are all fantastic. Your salary really is dependant upon the hours you put in, and your client acquisition, but if you need help and need to get better there is always someone willing to help get you there. The hours can be long especially when dealing with a lot of clients, but every day moves fast, and is extremely enjoyable despite the long hours. Amazing job
This has been the most amazing job I have ever had. I have been with the company for 3 years and would not have it any other way. I spend my days ensuring the members are happy and creating a stronger sense of self. I have changed so much over the years but being able to strengthen my communication skills.
Lack of work/life balance although that is the main promotion in the job. Often found myself there for 10 hours a day and only working about half of those hours. It was taking away from my personal life in a negative way
Pros
Benefits, free use of the gym whenever, discounted learning courses
Cons
No work/life balance
A typical day was just cleaning the gym like the floor and the bathrooms.

the hardest part was going from the supply room through small door when i'm 6'8.
Title and class action say it all. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/06/19/judge-approves-75m-goodlife-fitness-class-action-settlement.html

Managers pit you against each other as you are working, each team member knows their job is on the line and they probably wont make it the full 90 day probation period.
My time at Goodlife was relatively okay. I did not have any problems with management. However Goodlife head office tries time and time again to cut costs by slashing commission bonus'.
Pros
Get to workout at work
Cons
No work life balance
I love working at Goodlife. I have been employed at Goodlife for over a decade as a group fitness instructor. It is my home away from home. Over the years, I have had nothing but great support and work experiences with my colleagues and management at each of the clubs that I have had the pleasure to teach at.
Pros
Great staff, very supportive and fun team
Positive atmosphere to work in but not enough hours to sustain a single income household. A lot of responsibility for the amount of compensation offered
- Long hours
- Learned a lot from other trainers, co-workers and clients about the fitness industry as a whole

- Workplace culture is very good especially being around like wise fitness-minded people

- It's very rewarding being able to help clients reach their goals and seeing them being genuinely excited and happy
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Long Hours
This job has a very good atmosphere. The people are generally nice and the job is not a hard one. A very good environment and I did enjoy my employment when I was there.
Great for meeting new people everyday & did learn a lot about working out, healthy eating, etc. It is all sales based and you're expected to be there all day everyday to make a profit.
Pros
Something new everyday
Cons
Required to do a lot with nothing in return
If you want to be a personal trainer do it by yourself. Terrible experience. The people you work with are nice. But the company could care less about the personal trainers.
Pros
Nice people, free gym membership.
Cons
The pay, unsupportive and disconnected management.
always keeping the gym clean and shadowing the personal trainers, while with clients. Being friendly and kind to all the members. Whenever the job was finished I always asked if their was anything else to be done.
-Prospecting new clients
-Sales training

-One-Hour sessions with clients

-Complete daily paper work

-Set schedule for next day
Pros
working with clients
Cons
to much sales
answer the phone to customers, fill out memberships, greet them at the front desk, sold merchandise
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.