GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Dartmouth, NS

Dartmouth, NS8 reviews
Great work culture with lots of perks and room to move around. They cap your wage after a certain period. If you like sales, goodlife is the place for you (there is a lot of room to make money if you're good at selling).

Personal trainers should get paid more.

Overall, decent place to work!
Pros
Free membership plus 1 extra, friendly co workers, meet lots of new people, relaxed atmosphere, provided T shirt uniforms, discounted personal training packages, easy to transfer clubs
Cons
Air conditioning gets really cold after a while, some members can be hard to deal with, minimum wage
You are always disposable as a Goodlife employee.
You can go work on time, in uniform, be passionate about your job, ready to work every shift, but you are no more valuable than the person who calls in sick every week and doesn't care about their job.

The harder you work doesn't equal job advancement. Job advancement is NOT based on job performance, availability or seniority but is based on the 'discretion' of the Manager.

Working hard at Goodlife means working until you are so burnt out and worn down, you finally get pushed out of a job.

That's why you see so may Goodlife jobs on Indeed.

If you need to file a complaint with HR regarding any kind of workplace harassment be prepared to be victimized again. Goodlife has a privacy policy where they can't tell you if any action was taken again the person you filed a complaint against. So you never really know if anything was ever done and you still get to come to work every day to your abuser. It makes the work environment unsafe for anyone who may feel like a minority or vulnerable.

HR also works hard at protecting management, so if you have any concerns, HR doesn't get you far, and you are safer and better off quitting.

That's why you see so many Goodlife jobs on indeed.
Think jonestown massacre. Now add steroids. I hated to cult culture this company has and the management at the portland street location is incompetent.
Great clients to work with and train. The job started off great, not too much pressure to have clients add on to their training package. However, the pressure increased and it became too much between selling and training
Pros
great training
Cons
too much pressure from management
The company as a whole is very friendly and very accommodating. Employees are very friendly and are willing to help in any way possible. The employees and company are full of positivity
Pros
The Children
Cons
Not enough hours
Gym level, daily work was good. I loved greeting customers and making sure they were always comfortable and happy.

I did not like that when I would try to help a customer resolve an issue, there was not good support and when it was brought to the higher levels in the corporation (head office) it never seemed to benefit the customer.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No management support
I loved working at Goodlife! It was fun to motivate people and watch the changes people made. I never struggled with the tasked asked of me I enjoyed it all.
Days consist of call canvas' with an end result of booking appointments, meeting with said appointments and creating leads to carry your business along. learned about working independently and towards specific goals. Management is good, along with training. Co-workers are great, one of the better parts of the job. Not being able to control certian aspects of the job, sales pressure. helping people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GoodLife Fitness Clubs?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.