GoodLife Fitness Clubs
GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Review

23 June 2020
Although I love being a trainer and helping people working for a corporation is not worth it. The people I worked with are amazing and I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by people who had knowledge and experience of 8+ years working for the company but there were also a lot of negatives that came with this job.
You need to be really good at selling and sometimes it can take months - years to build up a steady business of clients who are committed to staying with you for a few years. Overall the environment is relaxing but it’s common to hear the phrase “overworked and underpaid” working for this company and the shock that most clients get knowing their trainers are getting paid a quarter of what the gym makes. They also don’t always have amazing management staff and throw a lot of people who are inexperienced into the job.

It can be a rewarding job but go into it with experience or at least learn from it and fly solo after a couple years.
Pros
Fun, Can be relaxing, Rewarding and educational
Cons
Overworked-underpaid, Sometimes inexperienced managers, first year or two is stressful
20 June 2020
Same role
Certified Personal Trainer/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) - Dartmouth, NS
Great work culture with lots of perks and room to move around. They cap your wage after a certain period. If you like sales, goodlife is the place for you (there is a lot of room to make money if you're good at selling).

Personal trainers should get paid more.

Overall, decent place to work!
Pros
Free membership plus 1 extra, friendly co workers, meet lots of new people, relaxed atmosphere, provided T shirt uniforms, discounted personal training packages, easy to transfer clubs
Cons
Air conditioning gets really cold after a while, some members can be hard to deal with, minimum wage
14 June 2020
Same role
Level 3 Personal Trainer (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
I had spoken to numerous personal trainers about the job before deciding to join GoodLife. I wanted so badly to make it work. I put in an incredible amount of hours for the company and spent a lot of money on courses to better myself. At the end of the day, I was not treated well for all the work I was doing. Management would yell at me for no reason, I would not be paid for work that was done, and management would turn a blind eye to shady operations within the company. I really wanted to work in the fitness industry because it's something I'm passionate about. But passion doesn't make up for the lack of money and terrible treatment.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No health benefits, little vacation time
21 September 2019
Same location
Customer Service (Former Employee) - Kanata, ON
My typical was in the evening and what the consist of is doing towels and cleaning the gym, and lastly helping member with there problems for there membership. The hardest part about working at good life would be that you will always have to find something to do and keep busy and not just stand around. They part that i did enjoy would be seeing the member coming in and saying hello and asking how my day was going etc.
Pros
free membership
Cons
if you work very hard, they will not recognized the hard work that you do there
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.