GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

누구든지 열정을 갖고 하면 여러가지 혜택을 받늘수 있는 회사입니다
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  토론토 캐나다18 April 2018
Goodlife 는 캐나다 제일 큰 fitness club 으로서 건강과 행복한 삶을 강추 하는 회사 으로써 그런 열정을 가진 직원을 위해 성장할수 있는 프로그램 및 자격증 선택을 위해 혜택이 많으며 나이에 상관없이 언제든지 일 할수 있는 화사입니다. 시작이 미소 하던 자격증미 우수 하던 모든 직원에게 같은 혜택을 기어, 원하는 직원은 본인의 생각보다 더 크게 성장할수있늠 화사입미다
Pros
직원에 가족에 혜택과 전국 어디서 든지 자격증만 소유하면 바로 일할수 있읍니다.
Cons
개인 상담이나 개인 보호가 조금 부족 합니다
Great experience, with the right attitude amazing experience, lacks leadership on East Coast
Fitness Manager/ Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB16 April 2018
I'm thankful for my time working for this company however the structure for personal trainers in the Atlantic provinces is not set-up for long-term success of it's employees.
Customer Service in a crisis
Regional Group Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 April 2018
I loved the interaction with the members this morning. We experienced an unsettling event at work, and the team pulled together, supported each other to ensure that the most important tasks and items were addressed appropriately.
Friendly Environment
General Help (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
This is a supportive environment to be around. Includes friendly people with tons of motivation. This is a place to feel free and find self confidence.
Judgemental
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 April 2018
Not a place I’d like to work again. They’re more interested in making money than helping others improve their health - on top of that, the employees are very cut throat and competitive making for a hostile work environment.
Pros
Workout during work
Cons
Hours, boss, manager, clients, company
Careful with GoodLife and the GoodLife trainer revolving door system
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 April 2018
From top to bottom the company is ran very unorganized with management mishandling contracts, not understanding how to deal with certain albeit uncommon, though some common, situations.

High pressure sales and quota's resulting in poor customer relations and overall compassion towards customers and their current situations. For example: pressuring clients to start a workout program immediately while grieving a parents death isn't the best thing in this time for that person, whatever they need at that time is the best thing for them.

Poor pay, non motivational meetings, too many trainers, and poor quality (quality of training poorly enforced - ie. trainers not correcting form, not paying attention to clients, not taking their clients health and body's serious enough). Trainers are allowed to train clients using bad form without being corrected.
Pros
Large gym, opportunity to learn
Cons
Poorly managed company top down, contrary to belief
Amazing Atmosphere and Great Co-workers
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2018
My time at Goodlife was relatively okay. I did not have any problems with management. However Goodlife head office tries time and time again to cut costs by slashing commission bonus'.
Pros
Get to workout at work
Cons
No work life balance
Fun work environment!
JUMP Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON11 April 2018
I had had a great experience at my time at goodlife. I worked with amazing people. Working with children was a great learning experience for me, and I will take this experience with me throughout my future encounters.
Pros
gym membership
Friendly and Competitive
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 April 2018
Fun and Competitive workplace, requires you to be an outgoing individual with great networking skills. Working at good life you are constantly interacting with customer so you have to be comfortable at reaching out and communicating with others.
Productive and fun work environment
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
I loved working with Goodlife fitness. A very fun and driven work environment where you will be surrounded by people with similar interests in a social atmosphere
Not a bad place to work
Health Specialist and Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 March 2018
Loved the team environment and the atmosphere. Unfortunately, if you didn't excel as well as management expects, they just leave you out to dry, in hopes that you will quit before they have to fire you.
Alright
Fitness Trainer Summer/Fall (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 March 2018
it was a good part time job. I learned how to sell memberships. Typically we would do outreach all day until we sold memberships. We would do outreach in the form of calls, walking on the street and referrals
Pros
they were nice
Amazing.. until management.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 March 2018
I loved working at goodlife until I hit management level. All of the sudden, it’s no work life balance and a terrible salary. Barely paid to work 12-13 hour days. Upper management is terrible.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, fitness environment
Cons
Long hours, salary
GoodLife is a great place to work
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  370 main st Brampton7 March 2018
GoodLife takes care of its employees. There is room to move up in the company. We have monthly meetings that are paid. GoodLife is a whole culture. I love working for GoodLife.
Pros
Free membership
Supportive and fun workplace
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 March 2018
I love working at Goodlife. I have been employed at Goodlife for over a decade as a group fitness instructor. It is my home away from home. Over the years, I have had nothing but great support and work experiences with my colleagues and management at each of the clubs that I have had the pleasure to teach at.
Pros
Great staff, very supportive and fun team
management
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket6 March 2018
I feel that they hire management that is too young. Management should for one have experience in that type of roll, and two be mature enough to take on a position like this.
JUMP Associate Member who Really Enjoys her Job
JUMP Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
So I started working at GoodLife Fitness early December and I really enjoy my job. I work 8:30am-11:30am (the JUMP hours at my Club are 8:30-12) so it great with my school schedule as I go to university full time in the afternoons.

The scheduling is a bit different, as its posted for the whole next month a couple weeks before the month is over. So you really need to plan ahead and know your schedule a month in a bit in advance, which isn't always possible. Luckily there are staff members willing to pick up an extra shift or two, and switching shifts is easy and convenient.

I was blessed and I work with an amazing bunch of ladies who are caring, kind and super fun to work with. Plus they pass on their life experience with kids as they are all mothers (or grandmothers) and I do not have kids.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with screaming kids, but that's too be expected. And when its super busy as kids can be a handful. Being able to multi-task and having eyes in the back of your head is essential.

If you really enjoy working with kids, having a free gym membership (and a free one to give to a family/friend after 3 months) and a great school/life to work balance I really recommend this job.
Pros
free gym membership, short hours, great co-workers, great management, flexible scheduling
Cons
not a full-time position, minimum wage, screaming kids
canfitpro
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2018
This review is for canfitpro as they are owned by GoodLife and don't have their own company profile/ post under their own name.

This is a horrible place to work. For starters you will be underpaid with no allowance for salary negotiation and raises are minimal (if you get one). Unfortunately the language that they use in job descriptions is enticing (especially to younger people) but please don't be fooled as this is NOT where you want to be.

Management is atrocious- they are close minded, manipulative, disorganized and immature. The work environment is the worst I have ever experienced and trust me you deserve better. Work any where else please.
Pros
Free GoodLife membership for you and a designated friend/ family member
Cons
Disorganized and everyone is underpaid from customer service reps to managers
a place to work out
Fitness Consultant/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2018
met a lot of people, worked on a team, able to train and get benefits of free membership and reduced training, a lot of outside certification required, trained up to 4 to five clients daily.
Working with GoodLife Fitness
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
After attending the University of Windsor for 4 years, before I graduated I wanted to take some time off and work at home for about a year before continuing my education.

I already had a keen interest in fitness and resistance training, which prompted me to apply at a local GoodLife fitness for a role in either Personal Training or administration. The job was suggested to me from a friend who worked in administration at the time at another GoodLife Fitness location in Brampton.

The 8 months that I worked at GoodLife fitness were absolutely incredible - to this day, I thank GoodLife for the change in ethic, character, and responsibility it applied to my life. I have heard so much positive feedback about my charisma and communication abilities from the training and role playing that I underwent during my onboarding at the club.

The hardest part of the job was simply prospecting for new clients. This took a lot of time out of my day, and I got a lot of "no's" for answers. However, when prospecting went well, this translated into the most enjoyable part of the day - gaining a client and working with them to achieve their fitness goals.

Training wasn't necessarily about working out 3-4 days per week. It was about committing to the personal trainer-client relationship to develop a strong sense of work ethic, responsibility and accountability for the client. The client then learns a lot about themselves when put in a situation like this.

I cannot thank GoodLife enough for the incredible experience I was offered and given! I learned a lot about myself in
  more... this job, and will apply what I have taken from this job to other aspects and opportunities within my career and personal life.  less
Pros
Commission, flexible hours, young community.
Cons
Unprofessional peers and management, very sales-driven, prospecting for new clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.