GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

It's a great place to work if you just need a job and bored but when it starts to get stressful everything is on you. It would've been alright but the pay wasn't enough for the hardwork you are giving. Other than that it's very flexible to work there and management was helpful. It was just hard to handle a club and since covid hit you will always clean the whole club while handling concerns or complaints from members. Short staffed sometimes because the company is cutting budget. They will keep employees and won't fire them even when these employees have done many many inappropriate things and are under probation just cause "they might improve."
Pros
You set your own hours, get to have days off, FT benefits
Cons
Low pay, not much room to grow, doesn't fire people even when they know the employee won't change for good
Amazing people! Awesome environment! Great management! Great opportunities within the company, complete package of a job that includes benefits. We do many competitions for charity which I absolutely loved and sooo so much more! Need I say more?!
Pros
Free work outs and awesome new friends
Cons
Pay could be better
At GoodLife Fitness I was more of a sales associate than a personal trainer. In fact, personal trainers at GoodLife are trainers by mere title. The job is really sales. Trying to convince members to sign up to long term contracts (6+ months) that come with cancellation fees was not an easy sell for an honest individual like myself. It was my disgust with this business model that led me to eventually quit.Seeing coworkers keep clients in the dark, not fundamentally explaining exercises, and switching routines were just some of the tactics I saw to keep clients confused and coming back. The desperation, and lack of experience and knowledge among staff was profound. It's way too easy to get a job here... Too easy. It's a good place to start as beginner, but this place will kill dreams. Unless you don't have any, you will fit in. As much as I love fitness I can not recommend this company for both future personal trainers and trainees.
Pros
Gym membership, Commissions, Flexibility
Cons
Sales, Ethics, Upper Management
There is not a good work-life balance if you want to be a successful manager or personal trainer with this company. It does provide you with good sales practice and development, as that is the only way to provide yourself with a decent income. Benefits are ok, but you pay for them and they are quick to cut you off of them when they have the chance. It would be a decent position if compensation was fair, because the training side of things is rewarding and it is nice to interact with people. Did not trust some of the upper management.
I spend the majority of my day speaking with people who are interested in becoming members and informing them about what we offer and how it would benefit them. It is a sales first job but becomes more of an advisor roll to help people imrove themselves.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Meeting Monthly Goals Can Be Stressful
It's a fun workplace where you meet a lot of really cool people. I also got to learn a lot of new things about during the panny that I got to use when we went into another lockdown. Honestly 10/10 would recommend it's a pretty sick job. Hardest part of the job was telling people to put there masks on repeatedly but that quickly became manageable.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
standing all day
Potientially the worst employer. Managers have so many responsilites that they have to take home work. Constantly phone calls from staff with member issues. If you are looking for a job that causes chronic stress and break your mind and body down then go a head and apply. If you are looking to manage groupfitnes,personal trainers, sales, customer service , associate issue and so much more then go ahead. Worst company to work for with no future opportunity.
Pros
The gym to work out
long work days, expected to have full availability for clients. hours can be very spread out throughout the entire day which can be both good and bad.great coaching and onboarding providedmotivational atmospheresales can be hard to accomplish as packages are priced quite high
Pros
great coworkers, and members
Cons
just okay salary for industry
Pretty simple don’t work here only cares about profit and not member don’t be fooled. District manager and director just don’t care is that simple. Save yourself
I enjoyed my time there, but the pay isn't good and I can't live solely on this job. If you enjoy interacting with people you will like this job. You do get a free membership out of it.
Honestly, I had an amazing experience at the facility I worked for. My boss was very knowledgeable, and willing to teach. She wanted you to be able to understand anything and everything if possible. If you had a question there was no hesitation going to her for help, or if you asked and didn't understand what she meant, she would find a way to make sure you understand. Her teaching styles were adaptable to anyone's learning ability's. By far one of the best managers I've been able to work for. Even after I've left my employment with the company I've been able to stay in contact, to ask about fitness questions and references for future careers. Overall I love my employment with this facility, I had a great team to learn from and the other employees I got to work along side made the job fun and easy!
Pros
Pay, benefits, free membership, plus spousal membership
There is 0 job security as clients cancel their contracts all the time or even just ghost you if they decide they no longer want to train. As a personal trainer you are first a salesperson. There is very high turnover and you are expected to work from 8am-8pm. They only pay you when you train someone so your pay will vary alot based on how many clients you currently have. You can work anywhere from 3-8 hours a day but are still expected to stick around to build your business.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management, Terrible Pay
They don't pay well for personal trainers. You have to work full time, part time is not an option. You work long days.You aren't handed any clients, you're expected to find most of your own.It's a good starting point if you're a new Personal Trainer. You will learn alot about sales and training. Alot of trainers get stuck in a rut there and have no desire to move on to bigger and better things, so it can be a negative environment sometimes.
Pros
Great starting point
Cons
long days
-Personal Training job in this corporation is with contract,benefits and Union. -Personal trainers get paid and bonus only when they work with clients, consultations, prospecting(marketing), commissions from selling sessions or training packages, mandatory modules and training and entitlements. The hardest part of the job is to get clients. Once you find your self as not being a seller but a fitness professional and don't gain clients, things turn to be difficult to survive in this company.
Great place to work with good hours and friendly staff and a great assistant manager. The general manager has favourites which is the only thing I didn’t like but other than that it’s great!
It’s not about you or the clients, it getting money from the clients. As a personal trainer clients would pay from $56 to $72 dollars an hour, take home is $22 and only if you are training a client. You are expected to find your own clients within the gym only (no external advertising) and little help from management. A very disappointing experience overall.
Pros
Great members
Cons
Poor money driven management.
I worked in the Marketing department at head office. It was very fast-paced and often unorganized, with last-minute changes in direction. The VP and other senior management would often yell at team members in front of others if they were upset, as opposed to having a private conversation in an office. It was a very toxic environment.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Abusive leadership, toxic environment
Pressure pressure pressure...they claim to have a lot of core values. However they just push sales and when you sell you are wonderful. When you dont sell you get written up and harrassed. They also dont pay well.
Pros
They do try to create a good culture
Cons
You are just a number..dollar signs
Very poor service, very low pay as well as very unprofessional employees. I would recommend anyone interested in working in the fitness field not to work for GoodLife
Although I love being a trainer and helping people working for a corporation is not worth it. The people I worked with are amazing and I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by people who had knowledge and experience of 8+ years working for the company but there were also a lot of negatives that came with this job. You need to be really good at selling and sometimes it can take months - years to build up a steady business of clients who are committed to staying with you for a few years. Overall the environment is relaxing but it’s common to hear the phrase “overworked and underpaid” working for this company and the shock that most clients get knowing their trainers are getting paid a quarter of what the gym makes. They also don’t always have amazing management staff and throw a lot of people who are inexperienced into the job. It can be a rewarding job but go into it with experience or at least learn from it and fly solo after a couple years.
Pros
Fun, Can be relaxing, Rewarding and educational
Cons
Overworked-underpaid, Sometimes inexperienced managers, first year or two is stressful
Great work culture with lots of perks and room to move around. They cap your wage after a certain period. If you like sales, goodlife is the place for you (there is a lot of room to make money if you're good at selling). Personal trainers should get paid more. Overall, decent place to work!
Pros
Free membership plus 1 extra, friendly co workers, meet lots of new people, relaxed atmosphere, provided T shirt uniforms, discounted personal training packages, easy to transfer clubs
Cons
Air conditioning gets really cold after a while, some members can be hard to deal with, minimum wage