GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Stressful.
CLUB ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa,Ontario21 March 2019
I enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis. They were always friendly and eager to talk to you.

I enjoyed seeing my clients progress. It made me happy seeing them happy.
Pros
Happy Customers
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work, I personally find it better when I'm alone though
Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC12 March 2019
I like the work itself; cleaning the club, organizing, stocking and talking to people. How the management and fitness advisors and personal trainers treat you (in my experience) is very mean
You're as good as your last sale
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ontario12 March 2019
From one month to the next you never know if you will have a job. No matter what department you work in, sales are the life blood of this company and if you're not selling, you don't have a guarantee of a job moving forward. If you are looking to gain some experience, this is the place for you as you are often thrown in, or scripted on everything. But it's not a place to settle down for a career...not if you like job security.
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 March 2019
Management is very flexible with scheduling, very helpful, and create a comfortable work environment. good part time job if you are a student or working another fulltime job
Fun, Great Environment and nice place to work
Daycare Worker P/T (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 March 2019
Great place to work, staff is always friendly and willing to help. The management is amazing. I have learned how to take care of children so that is pretty amazing and I am still learning more each and every day I work here. I love this job because I love to work with children there pretty amazing in there :) I hope this helps someone!
Pros
They have good memberships, I love the gym, great staff/co workers, amazing daycare
Cons
minimum hours in the daycare for work
Strengthen Multitasking and Communications Skills
Motivator/Jump (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 March 2019
Good Life Fitness was a great place to learn how to prioritze the taskes given to you. It's a great place to develop you communication skills and team work.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Life balance
good life
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 February 2019
you are fully commisioned and work for your own
management will teach you how to do work in better way
team was good. everyone is nice and helpful.
hardest part is sales.
good
Senior Motivator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
It is fine if you are sales driven. If you want something else then you need to look elsewhere. Otherwise it is fine. Just depends on your personal goals
A company that ended up on the losing end of a multi-million dollar lawsuit
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2019
To make this short, GoodLife Fitness ended up on the losing end of a nationwide multi-million dollar lawsuit. The lawsuit was brought forth because they refused to pay employees for the full hours they worked, broke labor laws, refused to pay overtime, insisted on mandatory hours spent in the club that employees were never compensated for and fostered a work environment that was so toxic that the personal trainers in Toronto, Ontario unionized so they would get better working conditions and fair pay for the work they were doing.
Pros
Working with clients as a personal trainer
Cons
Working anywhere from 80-100 work weeks and only being compensated for 20-40 hours of it
It’s good
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 February 2019
It was a really great experience working at GoodLife fitness as a personal trainer. I learned a lot in this role and I will take those skills I gained everywhere.
INSANELY performance driven, if you can't give them 100% of the goal every month, you're gone
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 February 2019
If you are energetic and enthusiastic about selling in general, the FA job surely is a challenge, but be warned, if you aren't meeting your goals at least 100% each month, you are micromanaged and hounded continuously, and the other FA people tend to backstab and take your business.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
continuous micromanagement
Overnight Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2019
Good place to work, the environment is friendly learned how to work efficiently and the job was well rounded no complaints for the job and everything was superb.
love the work environment but the company itself is terrible
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2019
The company does not care about its employees no matter how hard they make it seem like they do. You are disposable to them at any given time they will let you go.
Pros
great work environment in club
Cons
terrible HR
Awesome
sales (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 February 2019
Was a really fun environment to work in I vwery much enjoyed writing my own paycheque evedry month. Sales ythere were definitely easy to obtain as i9t is a solid company to promote
Fun environment but wasn't for me
Receptionist and JUMP Employee (Former Employee) –  McKenzie Towne, AB5 February 2019
I started working for Goodlife Fitness Clubs in early march, I was super excited to start working at a place where I can be working there for a living and as well work on my mental and physical health. It went smoothly for a while but there were some management issues and scheduling problems that weren't in my favour. I felt as if my manager was very nonchalant, which didn't rub well for me. There was training courses that were supposed to be implemented for new employees but they didn't seem to care if they were done or not and didn't give me dates to come in a finish said courses. My CPR course wasn't set until early June, for someone that worked in JUMP with children that should have been appointed and planned right from the get go! Unfortunately due to management issues and not feeling comfortable enough to talk to my employers, I left Goodlife Fitness in the middle of June 2018 for my own well been. If not for those problem it was a fun and happy environment that I could have seen myself thrive in. It had been informed to me that my manger was leaving after I gave my notice and if I had known that earlier I would not have left such an amazing company.
Pros
Great environment for healthy living and making a living
Cons
Poor management at my location, scheduling issues, competition
Fitness
Fitness Motivator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2019
Working with and alongside fellow fitness workers. Encouraging positive body images. Understanding the importance of a healthy well balanced lifestyle.
Pros
you get to work out
Cons
everyone thinks you're conceited
Great Place to work
FRONT DESK FITNESS TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 February 2019
Management is great, staff is friendly and, even on bad days, great to work with. One of the best jobs I've had in a long time. They work around your schedule as much as possible at the front desk. Incentive programs. Overall just a great place to work.
I enjoyed working there
Jump! Associate/ Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2019
A great place to work
Nice environment
Helps motivate me to work out and be more healthy
It was challenging dealing with some kids behaviours
Lots of fun!
Pros
You meet lots of people
Cons
Behaviour challenges
Good company
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON29 January 2019
Allows you increase communication skills and develop sales skills. All varies depending on the club, as the amount of help to develop these skills is depending.
Volunteered for location for nearly a year with promise of a job which was never offered
Daycare Assistant and Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 January 2019
-Took care of children, made sure they were safe & happy, cleaned up after they left
-Some of the parents were really cool, others were psychos and everyone knew they were taking advantage of the system but they never did anything to bar them from the J.U.M.P. room to protect the kids
-The salespeople have lots of personal issues they bring to work with them
-My supervisor was a sweetheart, but her management could be very hard on her & everyone else working there
-I did not learn anything at this job, I had no rewards except volunteers hours I could not use or nor needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.