GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Difficult
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 July 2018
I applied for this job because I had success losing 75lbs with a trainer and felt the environment was where I wanted to be. Once I started as a fitness advisor, they push you to sell sell sell and it became clear they cared very little for any members and everything was about the final numbers. They pushed and pushed and pushed and talked about goals and how you could succeed by forcing people into memberships/trainings even if they couldn't afford them.
I had a difficult time working and it became clear it was not an environment I could work in and I quit.
I would not recommend it for a parent or someone who has other responsibilities.
Well informing, up-beat, great staff etc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 July 2018
Working at Goodlife had many perks. It showed me a different type of working style. You are more free and get to express yourself more often. The staff is always fun to be around. Great vibes.
Pros
great environment
A great culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 July 2018
The culture was great and the staff were amazing. The role of which I played should have had better compensation based on my expectations. However, I was able to impact many people's lives and I am grateful for that.
Pros
staff and members
Cons
compensation
Fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2018
As the front desk clerk, it was nice to be able to interact with members as a part of my duties. I developed my communication towards customers or clients through this experience. Typically, I would answer the phone, schedule massage appointments, greet members, and wash towels.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia4 July 2018
best place to work everyone is friendly, you get to workout whenever you want and you get to meet a lot of interesting people when you talk to them or meet them
If you want to work like a dog and never be paid
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 July 2018
Title and class action say it all. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/06/19/judge-approves-75m-goodlife-fitness-class-action-settlement.html

Managers pit you against each other as you are working, each team member knows their job is on the line and they probably wont make it the full 90 day probation period.
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 June 2018
This company is very pushy in there sales and do not take no for an answer almost guilting people into getting a membership. The work environment created by management was very hostile and made it seem like you weren't aloud to interact with the members of the gym while on shift.
Good money, poor management
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2018
Used to be a great place to work but they have recently adjusted the compensation so it doesnt pay as well as it used to. Biggest issue is management not treating employee's fairly and being incompetent in general.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Compensation has changed, management is incompetent.
Good start job
Customer Service Representative-Motivator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 June 2018
Very good job depending on your manager. Lots of sales driven personalities around you. Meeting targets and always pushing people to do better. Some cold calling
It was a fine place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB14 June 2018
I liked my colleagues, I liked the work. I left for personal reasons. I would absolutely work there again! I loved having access to the gym for free! and discounted training.
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta11 June 2018
Good pay if your good at your job. Tons of opportunity for advancement. Really fun environment and if you manage time effectively great work life balance.
Pros
Fun environment, great culture.
Cons
Commission and bonus structure
A lot of great people but...
sales (Former Employee) –  Northridge11 June 2018
Honestly it depends club to club, manager to manager and what your position is.
Overall there's little job security, and the pay is not great in any job other than sales.
If you're in a good club, the culture can be amazing, but it's hit and miss.
Free gym membership for yourself +1, plus 2 discount memberships per year.

Worked in: sales, front desk, administrative, boot camp coach, child care
Motivator and fitness advisor (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON7 June 2018
Loved working at the new location since the opening of the facility. Easily connect with members and you definitely feel at home. The management at this specific location were absolute trash and had to deal with HR on multiple occasions to have something done about it.
Pros
free membership, great staff, great members
Cons
terrible managers
You get what you put into it
Fitness Manager & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2018
Strictly sales based positions. If sales is not your things, this may not be the company for you unless you have 10/10 management that will really help your sales.
not a good company to work for
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  windor4 June 2018
The job was very demanding in sales. There were no good trainers only good salesman. There was a lot of pressure in selling huge packages and when you did not there was repercussions. Job was great for learning and building your knowledge base but extremely difficult to succeed in
Productive and fun workplace
Customer service desk (Current Employee) –  Town of Mount-Royal, QC3 June 2018
Overall an amazing place to work with happy and positive people.Not a very difficult job, some difficult members time to time but apart from that its very easy.
fun inspiring environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 June 2018
Goodlife is a good cult, with a good vision to help everyone live a fit and healthy good life. Selling people by Helping people is not a bad thing.

Long hours for okay pay, if you've been loyal to them over the years and are climbing the corporate ladder.

General manager is basically the top position with salary that may or may not reach 6 figures. Depends on if you are managing a bigger club. Divisional manager is a far stretch and limited, therefore, unlikely to reach.
Pros
free membership, fun environment
Cons
long hours, corporate cult, unprofessional
Long hours, poor management, too much drama!
Senior Motivator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 June 2018
GoodLife - the company - is great, I like what they stand for, the gym is nice and typically not too busy. But from an employees point of view, the hours are too long for doing nothing..!
Pros
Free Memebership
Cons
Long hours, drama filled environment, poor management
good
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2018
I loved working at goodlife fitness, I love the gym and everything hat came along with it. I ahd the passion and drive and really wished I still worked there but the hours and the money sucked for a single parent. omce they took away the daycare in the womens only I had to quit
Poor work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
Was constantly picked on from fellow staff, had to reach out to Human Resources in witch they did nothing because the other person was a top seller. Managers never helped with these problems.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Long hours no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.