GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Team environment
Motivator & Fitness Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 September 2018
Great staff and fellow teammates. Enjoyable group work. Too much emphasis on the dollar and not enough on loyalty of members. Expected to work fitness into the job, but on own time. Not enough opportunity for commission sales to other than sales team.
Cons
Too much focus on bottom line, not enough on client needs
Good if you already live in the gym
JUMP! child minding associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2018
experience depends on the location. group fitness leader seems like the best position, every other position seems like they are low balled and get the short end of the stick.
Stable Company, has longevity
Senior General Manager, Toronto Dunfield Club (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
Standard gym... challenging to advance. Has their infrastructure already setup - the playbook is complete. Good, clean facilities. Decent culture overall, lots of good talent there.
Salary and Long Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2018
I have been a part of the Goodlife Fitness company for a number of years and it has been a good experience. You meet a variety of people and develop excellent customer service skills. The tough aspect of the job is the long hours and low salary wages.
Pros
Amenities - Free Memberships
Cons
Salary and Long Hours
Corporate cult
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 August 2018
Think jonestown massacre. Now add steroids. I hated to cult culture this company has and the management at the portland street location is incompetent.
Awesome place to work.
Fitness Motivator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 August 2018
Work at Goodlife fitness doesn't feel like work. I arrive and leave our fitness club with a smile on my face. Its a social club between the members and staff that always encourages me to do better and help others reach their goals.
Management and staff
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 August 2018
they have really nice management and staff working there their very friendly they are always smile. they do a good job keeping the place clean and tidy.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
my lunch break could be longer
great culture
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2018
the culture at GoodLife is incredible everyone is very friendly and have great positions in the company. They tend to hire people on as contract or temp which can be frustrating.
Great Place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 August 2018
I have worked there for 6 years and loved the environments! I did a few different roles from fitness adviser to GM. GoodLife taught me a lot from leadership skills to sales skills and confidence.
Pros
staff discounts on PT
Cons
work life balance
Great Enviroment
Burlington Mall - Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 August 2018
Goodlife Fitness is an excellent place to work. or do co-op at. Everyone treats you right and helps you with any questions or problems you may have. Everyone there enjoys it for its staff and members.
Pros
Helpful Staff

Want to know more about GoodLife Fitness Clubs?

Ask a question
Great position for parents with small children
Childcare Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB3 August 2018
I love that I can bring my child to work with me for a small fee, ($20/mth) and my employer includes my workout goals into the review.

I wish we were paid a living wage, minimum wage doesn't cut it
good place to work
Member Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 July 2018
enjoyable, good culture, good work life balance, not much room for advancement, can work out on your breaks, fitness oriented lifestyle, promotes living healthy
Motivator/Front Desk
Motivator/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 July 2018
Management is lacking, no one cares, the front desk staff are treated like janators. Sales people are arogent and walk around like they own the place. Personal trainers have a high turnover as they only get paid of they are training someone and don't get paid for all their hard work to get those customers. Needs improvement in every department!
Pros
Free membership
Great experience, bad management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 July 2018
Great work culture, everyone was friendly and helpful with a similar mindset. Best part about working here were the people I met, including my clients, and the way they have impacted my life. However, we had a change in management and I did not feel supported by my management so I could not continue working under ridiculous expectations with no guidance.
Difficult
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 July 2018
I applied for this job because I had success losing 75lbs with a trainer and felt the environment was where I wanted to be. Once I started as a fitness advisor, they push you to sell sell sell and it became clear they cared very little for any members and everything was about the final numbers. They pushed and pushed and pushed and talked about goals and how you could succeed by forcing people into memberships/trainings even if they couldn't afford them.
I had a difficult time working and it became clear it was not an environment I could work in and I quit.
I would not recommend it for a parent or someone who has other responsibilities.
Great atmopshere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 July 2018
Great atmosphere with good management. There was often incentives to promote work with employees. lots of recognition for good work. Constant training in the field.
Pros
reconition and training
Cons
sales pressre was tough at times
Well informing, up-beat, great staff etc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 July 2018
Working at Goodlife had many perks. It showed me a different type of working style. You are more free and get to express yourself more often. The staff is always fun to be around. Great vibes.
Pros
great environment
A great culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 July 2018
The culture was great and the staff were amazing. The role of which I played should have had better compensation based on my expectations. However, I was able to impact many people's lives and I am grateful for that.
Pros
staff and members
Cons
compensation
Fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2018
As the front desk clerk, it was nice to be able to interact with members as a part of my duties. I developed my communication towards customers or clients through this experience. Typically, I would answer the phone, schedule massage appointments, greet members, and wash towels.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia4 July 2018
best place to work everyone is friendly, you get to workout whenever you want and you get to meet a lot of interesting people when you talk to them or meet them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.