GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Canada905 reviews
Great culture
Great culture and if you can surpass sales targets it can be quite quite lucrative. I was a top 500 performer for 5 years and won free trips to attended sales awards every year in Toronto. Good perks and managed well from all levels
Decent Job
Love doing the work that I do, but my associates do not necessarily share the same sentiments. I take on a lot of responsibilities that should be shared and these behaviours are not corrected by management. A lot of the times we get flack for some amenities taking a long time to fix but are out of our hands as we wait for parts to come in so the people fixing them may do their repairs. Handing complaints can be tough but the regulars that come by make everything worth it. I improve customer service skills, learned how to reject people kindly and stand my ground to protect patrons' safety from those who try to take advantage of the system.
Goodlife Fitness!
Awesome work place. Management and coworkers are amazing. Very flexible schedule. Everyone works as a team from trainers to receptionist. The members are great. Best place I've worked.
Amazing work environment, with tons of opportunity
I have nothing but good things to say about working for Goodlife. The management, education opportunities, benefits, career advancement opportunities and fulfillment you get from this job are all fantastic. Your salary really is dependant upon the hours you put in, and your client acquisition, but if you need help and need to get better there is always someone willing to help get you there. The hours can be long especially when dealing with a lot of clients, but every day moves fast, and is extremely enjoyable despite the long hours. Amazing job
Very good experience
I had done an internship for GoodLife fitness, overall it was a very good experience to learn more about the culture and job. It was a totally new work environment by had a great team to work with.
Not bad overall
Acceptable employer in general however fairness etc depends on who you work directly with. Advancement often goes to personal friendships first which can be frustrating. Overall just a paycheck at the end of the day unfortunately despite effort made on my part to change that.
Changes to work /life balanxe
The company is making changes to allow management to have more work/life balance. Passion and culture is good. Huge opportunity for advancement in the company.
Pros
Fun, good culture, learn a lot
Cons
Stress of sales
Terrible pay and hours
As trainers you have to find your own clients, and are only paid for the time with those clients no hours in between so you are mostly working mornings and evenings with very little pay inbetween.
Pros
Nice staff
Fun
Great place to work if you are a student.
Flexible with hours.

Opportunity of meeting many different people.

Employees are friendly.

If you have the chance to work in the daycare, you'd love it as the kiddies are adorable.
can be fun
i dont know about other locations but the staff for the most part that i have worked with have been amazing. management can at times be iffy but i have no complaints for this part-time job
Great people to work with
Most of the people from employees to customers are great to deal with. Some managers can be difficult but overall I would recommend working at GoodLife to anyone.
Best job ever
The head office is beautiful, collaborative, and has a great company culture. The meeting rooms are unique, there's quiet space to work if you need. The people are amazing, the culture is wonderful. There's an onsite gym that you have access to. Managers and Senior Executives are accessible and happy to chat with everyone around. Best place I've ever worked!
Great job for those willing to work hard.
Working for Goodlife may not be the easiest sales role, however if you’re willing to put time & effort into building your own client base everything will be fine. Consistent sales success within the company leads to promotion.
It is a fast-pace enviroment and very fun
GoodLife is a culture company. We work by our core values on a daily basis, which we transpire this to our new and current members. always have a set goal for each month
Great place to gain experience
Great place to gain experience and build a resume. Great opportunity to develop new skills and build confidence. Great opportunity for advancement and learn managerial skills.
lots of promises
The personal training and sales jobs are super stressful. If you don't hit your targets you get written up. A lot of the targets are unrealistic. Clients should be evened out and divvied up between trainers.
Good life?
This company and job is what you make it. If you work hard and look for clients then you can generally make more money.
Benefits package for PT department is based on hours so if your sales skills are lacking (yes it is a sales position as well) then you pay a lot for benefits.
Pros
Commission
Benefits
Was ok.
The job it self was not hard. The staff was the highlight. Everyone one was high energy and fun to work with. Work alone and early mornings. Did not get to see much of managers because of this.
Face paced work place
Fun, face paced workplace. Not a whole lot of room for growth. People are friendly. Management are always willing to help. Overall a good place to work.
GoodLife Fitness is the Best!
My experience at GoodLife Fitness has been amazing. As a group fitness instructor, I have been involved in teaching world-class fitness experience to members. I have really grown as a fitness instructor. They give you plenty of opportunities to improve your skills and put them to use. If you want to grow, this is the place to do it - if you want to go nowhere, work at another gym.
Not Great
The system of how things work is terrible. Corporate does little to support their workers. internal management is not great and employees are not paid enough for what they have to do.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.