Goodfood logo
Goodfood

Goodfood Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Amazing, Until I Transferred

I started off as a Customer Service agent and although the work was tough and the department was demanding in regards to stats, it was reviewed to be much easier and the management and people were a joy to work with. I decided to move up into Loyalty. Huge mistake. I did not enjoy the new department, the job was not a good fit for me. I had requested to transfer back to the manager telling me I needed to wait 6 months and let him know if I wanted to quit. Already there I felt stuck. Granted, I did shadow an employee before switching so a bit of this is on me. However, I decided to quit as loyalty was not a good fit for me. I had requested once more to transfer, and was again refused (keep in mind, I QUIT already). I felt like I wasn't heard and they didn't care whether or not the employees were happy. The first department was wonderful, it's really a completely different dynamic in loyalty, almost as if I was hired at a new job. Would not recommend Goodfood after this experience.

Pros

Well paid, wonderful managements (customer service), lots of help and room to grow. Flexible with work hours.

Cons

Unable to accommodate unhappy employees, management making decisions out of emotions, not working to find solutions.

Special delivery driver

There is no order inside the warehouse, no motivational behaviors, people are completely unprofessional as supervisors. I hope they get better management in the future

Friendly work environment.

It was really amazing company. I learnt lots of things from this company. Work environment is really comfortable. Managers and team members always support me in any situation. They are very cooperative.

Pros

Free shuttle bus.

Bad management

Bad place to work dont apply trust me. Unhealthy staff talk to you rude and disrespect you. Use you basically Management Never notice how important you are till you quit.

Pros

Free food

Official response from Goodfood

12 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with Goodfood. We take your feedback seriously and want you to know that we are working hard to ensure our workforce feels safe and respected. I invite you to help us better understand your experience to improve. -Bill Birch, Senior Manager Operations (email: bill.birch@makegoodfood.ca)

Once in a life time experience

Working to deliver for Goodfood was a best experience. Gaining communication skills with hands on experience working with a diverse community. I have worked in various places before but this was awesome as I worked at my own pace and driving in my car alone to make sure the deliveries are taken from the warehouse to the customers in a timely manner.

Pros

Driving alone

Cons

Getting lost

Awful place to work at

Expect management playing favorites and not listening to their employees. There is unfair target to hit and will get penalized for it. Awful vacation system.

Dissatisfied

completely dissatisfied with the staff.No proper response from the staff, and unhelpful.The hardest part is the temperature that we working is too cold.

Worst job I had in my career

I used to be a manager at Good Food and it's the worst experience I've ever had. To be honest the manager position at Good Food is no more than a Team Leader position in every other company. If the ideas aren't coming from the higher management, they are not good enough. You might try to implement something, then, get back after a day of work and it's completely changed. They want the management team to be almost every minute on the field which makes it impossible to work on improving the process ( which is really bad ). The training is a joke. One supervisor would train as much as 30 associates within half a day of work. The schedule you will have as a manager is 7 days a week 24 hours a day. They use the app Slack on which I would receive messages and have to answer every nights ( 2am , 3am , etc). You will probably end up having no weekends even if you were told you would work from Monday to Friday. I'm not talking about quick phone calls to fix problems but literally to go on-site and work on the field for an 8 hours shift and more. If you have a family or want one , avoid Good Food. On the other hand I learnt a lot on how not to do things and treat people. For all the work , the salary is also on the low end. Don't get fool by the title , I have a high management position right now and I can tell you that a manager position at Good Food is not a real management position anywhere else. All you get is a misleading title and a 24/7 job.

Pros

Giveaways, people ( some good employes and managers)

Cons

Too many things

C’est pas plaisant

Une entreprise ou la compétition règne et que la direction marche beaucoup par la peur.

Pros

Recette gratuite

Cons

Stress, ambiance, management, bruit, froid, stationnement, reconnaissance, support, Ă©quipement, outils de travail et horaires vraiment instables

Super

Bel ambiance travail. Bel esprit d’équipe. Produits gratuits à la fin de la semaine

Pros

Ambiance, produits gratuits

Cons

Travailler au froid

Jobs at Goodfood

See more jobs

Less Productive and demotivating team

working as associate, makes to do a lot of work and pay is less.Manager seems to be too unprofessional.No culture within company. They keeps pushing the assocaite to get the work done without any bonus.

Pros

Free Grocery weekly

Cons

Hard work

Friendly and worked as a family

I have worked as a Inventory Associate but now I would like to worke as a Accounting Technician. Inventory department is very much time sensitive department for maintaining or full fill the upcoming order.

Pros

Flexible time schedule

Cons

Inside work place is too cold

Nice place overall

Good place for career growth. But the management can do better. Regardless, I would take a job there if offered a nice role. Few places in Canada actually delivers on the promise of employee career growth.

Pros

Career growth, free parking, subsidized meal kits

Cons

Fun workplace and very productive

I have good experience working with a goodfood team. My first job experience was great bcz of good management n supportive coworkers.there was fast placed work n very productive. I learned so much.

Pros

Good Break time

Operations

Such a bad company to work for, long hours, stressful environment, and management is too bad they can't see what you did for them. No proper tools provided to complete your job. You will always be a number to them and they keep firing people on a regular basis. Look elsewhere

Worst Recruiter

Even when the job posting is filled yet their call candidates and waste our time to attend the so called Onboarding day. As soon as you enter to only reslise the position has already been filled. Poor miscommunication between their H.R managers. God knows why they even work as *H.R*

Pros

Cons

Miscommunication

You are nothing but a number to them!

You can work hard but once they see mistakes, they forget that you are good. Don't bother. No real solutions and customer service sucks so bad that I am embarrassed that we cannot offer good customer service experience and that I represent the company. Money grabbing for sure.They want you to work hard but they do not prepare you for the job. Hypocrites and yet they question what is wrong with the company and people just gives up.

Pros

Salary increase, flexible hours

Cons

Counterproductive work, Poor Management, Biased

Good people

Good environment but to many Chiefs with different ideas. Listening to new ideas and promoting within needs to improve. Not enough people with experience in specific areas.

Pros

Free food every Friday

Cons

No uniforms.

Unlawful suspension.

Was working for them for almost a year now. Gave everything I have and then suddenly They call you and accuse you of fraudulent activity without providing any evidence or explanation in writing or even verbal. They just tell you not to talk to them or colleagues not considering your self esteem to yourself and to the company which you are so dedicated to. Very insensitive. Was paranoid for a weeks. Did I mention that the suspension under investigation was UNPAID? I have bills to pay and people counting on my salary for contribution. Still havent provided evidences of the accusation.

Pros

Free Expired Groceries

Cons

Ingrate

Terrible place to work.

Will keep it short and sweet.. Terrible place to work.. Would stay away if can be avoided. Especially Calgary Location.. Based on Current management, all locations are in jeopardy of going down the same route.

Pros

Cons

Absolutely no work/life balance - Can be fired on a "whim"

Highly unorganized environment with no room for advancement

- Managers/HR do not listen to employees concerns- Over 15 people are forced to sit in a small rectangular room, hardly 6 feet by 20 feet- No preventative measures at ground level.- do not expect bonus every quarter, - no processional growth opportunities - Salaried employees are highly expected to work overtime without overtime pay- You are not allowed to resist if something is going wrong with the product quality/safety. Only think about operations cost. They expect you too be robots- Broken HR department, no confidentiality, unprofessionalism and incompetency prevails- incompetent people gets promotion- good example is automation department

Pros

Free bad quality produce on giveaway every week

Cons

No health and safety, no measures for covid protection, charge money for faceshields

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodfood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement