Goodfood Employee Reviews

the coffee was alright, free food, but its always gone bad
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2018
worst company to work for, team leads are immature, poorly managed. they will try to underpay you, send you home early, they hire and fire for no reason at all, not all the food is fresh. the staff and management talk about the employees and i have witnessed workplace bullying, the management are not qualified for their positions, and they will try to under pay you for holidays,i wouldnt workfor or ever order a meal from here, dont waste your time with this company.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too much to type
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hickmore21 October 2018
Poor Company Culture & Management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2018
Very poor management.
They do not follow up with employes.
Poor company culture.
Unprofessional managers
An HR department that doesn't follow up with requests.
Pros
Close To The Highway
Cons
99% Of The Company
Honestly, it's pretty great.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2018
I was a bit hesitant to start working at Goodfood due to the location - I live downtown and it seemed like it was going to be a real trek (especially given that I take public transportation), however the office is located right next to 2 buses that depart pretty regularly and are convenient for where I am located.

In my position (and most positions really), I get to interact with the CEO, COO, CFO and VP of Procurement on a daily basis - and all of these interactions have been nothing but pleasant.

I find that they really do care about their employees and that they are constantly striving for improvement in every sense. Upper management allows for a lot of room to plan and execute numerous company events (we have 5 à 7's ever 2 weeks, usually themed with food and drinks and music) and there are more and more employees getting involved which is great for morale. The fridge is always stocked with drinks, beer and wine and there are weekly fruits and snacks. There's also often food from the test kitchen to try which is super cool. We also have weekly chair massages (we have a masseuse come into the office each Thursday and we all can sign up for massages) and the best thing is probably the grocery give away on Fridays! Oh and beer. Beer on Friday!

The office is also an open space concept, so you get to see and interact with almost every department, which is super great and the decor is almost completed which makes it more pleasant to spend your day here.

Salary is competitive (compared to my previous jobs) and there's so much room for growth as the company is expanding
  more... so rapidly. They really pay attention and reward employees who work hard, are brand ambassadors and will make a point to help you grow within your role, and the company and the quarterly bonus is really cool advantage.

The recruiting process was pretty much flawless in my case. I actually did not apply directly to Goodfood, they reached out to me. The recruiter who contacted me was super nice and flexible (they even interviewed me outside of my work schedule so I didn't have to miss any work hours). I did a total of 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview. This was followed by an in person interview at Goodfood and then a final interview with the CEO. The whole process was quick, efficient and a really pleasant experience. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so here I am now.

The only thing that I would say needs improvement is the overlap of departments (specifically our Customer Service team). We don't get to hang out with them a lot, so if you're applying for a Member Happiness position, please come hang with us when you start! We'd love to have you :)
Pros
Drinks and Snacks provided in kitchen, bi-monthly events with food and drinks, access to Goodfood products, weekly chair massages, quarterly bonus.
Cons
Some departments work longer hours, far from downtown.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2018
They are not paying the right hours you work. And expect to go home under time i.e after working 4-6 hrs
Mgt sucks with unprofessional work ethic .some of the team leads are not mature enough to deal with employees.
* they keep on hiring people and they fire with out no reason

*Free grocery to take home which is waste
Pros
Great people to work with, free coffe (if you are attracted to free gifts😆😆)
Cons
Listed above
Amazing Company that makes you feel appreciated
Controller (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC25 May 2018
Great company to work for, everyone is hands on and truly believes in the growth of the company.
Within the first two days of working at GoodFood, I had felt more valued than I had my entire 5 years at my past employer.
You work directly with those who have built the company.
The people you work with are all hardworking, welcoming and open to new ideas.
Not a good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC13 May 2018
Unqualified managers
No respect nor recognition from top management
No work life balance
Bad conditions
Pros
Motivated coworkers, fast growing company, nice industry
Cons
Bad management, no respect or recognition, bad location
Shipping
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2018
Please and I repeat Please DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.
Sure the pay is above minimum so at first it feels like it is worth it. But it is not. Every person I know who worked there has already quit including myself. The management is so poor. The big bosses are always changing everything. They do not care about you they pretend they do but they dont. They want you To work faster and faster. They make up new lay out All the time and they never make sense. Employees dont even have enough time To get used To the new lay outs.
30 % of people that work there are lazy, the other 40% are immigrants that cannot find another job ( most of them do not speak french). And the remaining 30% somehow ended up at the wrong place but I insure you they do not stay.
The cafeteria sucks To put it short
It is very cold in the warehouse.
The safety is minimum you have To watch every Step you take.
The only really good thing about this job is that you could share stories at supper time with your family and your friends of the crazy Things that happened To you or that you saw at goodfood

Even the chef Leads hate their job. AND EVERYONE laughs at the bosses behind their back.

So to sum up:
Bosses: sucks
Breaks :sucks
Wordload: sucks
Free food : okay ish
Work temperature : sucks
People you work with : 50/50 if youre Lucky youll work with hardworking people if no youll work twice as hard
Bonus :sucks .. Btw most people dont know this but they are planning on changing their bonus system that would be based on performance .. so if someone works slower than you then you would be penalised.
  more...
Pay: sucks considering that min wage increased
Most people do not Last more than 2months there

So, save yourself a mental breakdown and please Swipe left
BAD management poor infrastructure
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2018
All people working are good, But management is very bad, Poor qualified Managers. No knowledge of how to manage people. They dont have any control on the temperature. sometimes it goes beyond 2 degree and your body starts freezing and they force you to complete the task faster. cafeteria can accommodate only 30 people and they give break to 60 people at once so other people are forced to stand, some even sit on floor and have their lunch. They are improving things only for the office people and not for the people in production.
Pros
free grocery on Friday, but quality is very bad
Cons
No temperature control, No place to sit during the break, coffee machines are out of coffee and other powder almost all the time, Pressure to work faster all the time.
Terrible Management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC24 April 2018
Management is poor. They pick favorites and lots of snakes in the grass. If your mother passes away, they will not let you attend the memorial without giving you a WARNING. Once your three month probation is over, if your stats are good they dont look at that they look at the warning you received 2 months ago.
Pros
Free food on Fridays, Coworkers
Cons
fun and dunamic family atmosphere
Member Happiness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC12 March 2018
the only reason work/life balance only got 4/5 is i have a hard time forcing myself to keep the balance... i dont want to miss anything!! love this place and it’s positive, growing environment
Pros
Food!
Great energy with lots of room to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC12 March 2018
A great space for creative and self-motivated people. Lot's of room to get stuff done. Incredibly young and mostly energized team. Hands on ownership that's open to new ideas.
Pros
Great people, Lot's of room to grow, option to work from home on occasion
Cons
Not great office space (no natural light, plain), remote office location
You Are Not Just a Number
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC12 March 2018
This company values your opinion, and is open to what each individual has to say and offer. This company is growing at a rapid pace and they still make an effort to ensure you are just not a number in the business.
Pros
Free beverages, free food, ping pong, bean bags, people
Cons
None yet
Bon pour étudiant
Aide a la production (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2018
Les teams leader sont vraiment cool et très humain .
Le salaires est pas mal avec une prime par mois de 8% . Mais le manque de travail est toujours present une journée ils peuvent vous dire que vous ne rentrer pas travailler ou etre sur une liste pour pas travailler cette journée ainsi que nous pouvons travailler et nous faire dire que ont fini maintenant plus de travail rentre plus tot que prevus. Un stress sur les employés sont present et sa ce sent. Rien autour pour manger pas de restaurant ni meme de distributrice et tres petite cafeteria Café gratuit presque jamais de goblet legume gratuit le vendredi bon sa peut faire économiser. Et l'hiver laller de la production non deglacer et presque jamais déneigée
Pros
Prime de 8% par mois, superviseur vraiment humain, café gratuit et légume gratuit
Cons
Le manque de travail, stress employés, pas de commodité, aller non deglacer en hiver
Very poor management and no structure of organization
Member happiness representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC22 January 2018
The managers are for the most, not qualified and hypocrites. The location is far from everything and the company doesn't accomodate the employees for the transports, even though they promessed they would. It's a very stressful environement of work since there's no proper training once you start working. You have to learn on your own and if you make a mistake, you are treated as if you are the problem or as if you are not competent. It was, overall, a very bad experience.
Pros
Free food, co-workers are young and fun
Cons
Poor management, very bad location
Good place to spoil your life
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC18 December 2017
Horrible place to work, very poor management -they even dont know how to manage people. Nothing is in control. Best place for the people who are very lazy, dont want to do work and believe in passing on to juniors. If you go and ask any specific details from the manager or director too, they never gonna come back to you with satisfactory answer. This company is running only due to some old folks at lower down otherwise with new management no one wanna work.
Pros
free veggies every week
Cons
cold environment to work, no support from management, biased policy of management
Welcome to Goodfood
Spécialiste Client Bilingue (Former Employee) –  St-Laurent23 November 2017
Where to start? Sneaky management. They will pressure you to quit if they don't like you until you can't take it anymore, and eventually choose to leave
Pros
Free food
Cons
Growing, yet a Company who has to learn from their mistakes
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC2 November 2017
The people working there are great, bosses are hands-on. They're not that as open-minded as you've expected to be. There's always a different culture with the people working inside the office and the people working their butts in the shipping and production area.

The problem with this company, they keep on hiring, but the employees are not that sufficient for the work and productivity, they don't have any insurance with the workers and other higher-ranked staff, and they already have the infrastructure, but remained the same old habits. Nothing's changed.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No insurance, growing company but remained stagnant by their cheapstake attitude
Not paying right hours
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC29 October 2017
Their not paying the right hours you work. Good people to work with, not enough room for people who go on break, small cafeteria, send you anywhere to work.
Pros
Free waste food
Cons
Not paying the right time you work
Amazing environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2017
A great place to grow, learn and be part of something bigger. if you become one of the team, you know you'll be surrounded by great people who love what they do!
Pros
Team building activities, free food!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodfood. Our community is ready to answer.

Goodfood Reviews by Location