Goodfood

Goodfood Employee Reviews

Canada84 reviews
Good place to work and they have full-time opportunities as well as good raise opportunities. One can get promoted after few months if skills matches the requirement.
Excellent
Doing their more efford to serve the economy and providing good quality Nhi high purity food to people. And always giving good working environment to their workers
The work environment is toxic
Unorganized And filthy work environment. Rude and inappropriate comments were made towards some employees resulting in harassment. Overall it’s just a toxic work environment.
Work under freezing environment
The hardest part of the work is , you will be under freezing environment as its a food packaging industry.But you will also get to learn and technically build up.
Excellent job
It is very well job because Goodfood always consider the quality of food and safety of the employees and packing of each things is very well. So I recommend to my friend like they should work over their.
organizing and responsibility
I receive used boxes, pack them and clean warehouse.
I learned how to used Uline Pallet Jack truck. My co-workers are very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is that I need to drive a truck or carry on the boxes from the parking to the warehouse under cold weather in the evening.

Driving a truck is hard but it is also a good experience which the most enjoyable part.
Productive and Full of fun workplace with Music onsite.
Goodfood is the bestest company i ever worked for with great bonus and monthly pizza parties. People on the floor are very helpful and cooperative helps to learn new things. As well the HR people always stands for you if you feel that something is going wrong with you, very fast and good actions taken on the basis of the situations.
Très belle ambiance
Une belle ambiance de travail et très confortable. Accessible facilement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goodfood?
Bad Work Environment
Terrible management; stressful and totally goal-oriented.
Enclosed refrigerated environment.

Owners never present; middle management only wants to save their own positions regardless of work conditions and worker complaints.
Workplace culture
Working with GoodFood was an amazing experience. I have learnt very excited things such as integrity, dedication and time management. Overall it was fabulous experience in GoodFood.
Good but its really cold in there
Work at good food was really a great experience for me,giving the fact that it is the first company i stated working open my newly arrived to Canada Quebec with my family.
It's a good place to work if one does not have problem with the cold environments.
fast pace
Cold working conditions
fast pace work culture

Kpi driven and growing comany with lack of resources

10 to 12 hours of work day

shortage of staff
Pay for a shipping associate sucks.
Days are very long and stressful. Learned a lot of skills with shipping and receiving but the environment and the people there were hard to cooperate with. I just have to say that this type of work is not suitable for young adults.
poor management
For new immigrants they can start here working as s stepping stone.

Hardest part of the job was for staff assigned at the fridge.

It is seasonal so most of the time we worked under time.
Confusing Environment
In the Customer Contact center you will find a mix of people who's longterm goals at Goodfood are not well defined. There are those who are simply there for a job and for some it's a career, but there is no doubt that when you work here they want you to be career oriented. Expect sudden changes and then some changes mentioned that take months to materialize. Overall, great benefits & salary but they really need to redefine their culture or start practicing it.
Wonderful place to work
It is a wonderful place to work. The problem on my part is the cold temperatures. Some supervisors do not like to listen to problems presented to them thus limiting the flow of information that may help in the progress of the company.
Alright for a little while
Your given the opportunity to work alot which is great but if you cant speak hindi you wont enjoy the environment at all. Also very physically demanding dont push yourself over your limit because nobody else will anyway and you'll end up hurt.
Atrocious culture and lower pay
This company has a ruthless culture and absolute zero regards for work-life balance. One of their core value is "Eat, Live, Breathe Goodfood" and expectations are employees should be willing to sacrifice their personal/ family life to serve this company at any time of the day or week. You will never see abuse of the Slack app (meant to drive cross-functional efficiencies) more than here anywhere else, intruding your personal life significantly. Be prepared to receive and respond to slack messages even around late night, weekends or when on vacation. It is frowned upon by management if one doesn't respond back instantly.

Employees are treated as a commodity and working here feels like modern-day slavery. Is someone were to do an independent survey, this company probably will have the highest attrition rate in Canada. Pay is below average and almost every full-time employee works a minimum of 1.5x times for his/her pay. All the weekly QC rejected and expired/soon to be expiring food is offered as a perk to the employees.

Please do your proper due diligence before joining this firm. Join only if you really don't have any other option and be prepared to leave in a few months of your joining as the expectations from you will be unsustainable.
Good food company is very important in my carrier
It is a great company and people's are always helping administration is so kind payment for employees are fair very easy to find this company , I learned so much good things from here
Can get help in each field.
Helpful HR team .
Get solutions in mintues.

Co-oprative managers and supervisors.

Friendly environment.

Free giveaways.

Free food and coffee.

Safe place to work.
Great working at Goodfood
Excellent environment, great work-life balance, good incentives. Fast-paced work, cold environment. But overall really enjoyed working there. I would totally recommend it.