Good Shepherd Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer Experiences (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2019
I enjoyed volunteering at Good Shepherd. I interacted with many people of different backgrounds and spoke to them in a kind and caring manner. I always helped out where I could and did my best.
They locked me up on lies and killed my pets
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 June 2017
They locked me up on lies I have the recording of the real event and killed my pets mice.
They stole my shower head and broke my stuff.
They insult me non-stop at events.
The enter my home unwillingly.
They are holding my life and home hostage.
Thx
Pros
Cheep rent
Cons
Slow kill
Although I received no payment, working in good shepherd gave me a chance to communicate with people out of my regular community
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2017
Working at good shepherd helped me work on my time management as well as communication skills. The staff there were nice and supportive and made it a fun and interactive place to be.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Sometimes dishonest people
Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd food bank (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2016
Good Shepherd helped me get the experience that I needed for getting a job and for community service hours for school so I can pass grade 12, also I get Experience for sorting goods like foods, hygiene supplies, clothes, expired foods, dented foods and unlabeled foods. Good Shepherd also gives me some snacks for some hard work and it makes me feel good since people that have very little money get meals for the day, week or even the month! I try to work extra hard because it makes me feel great since I love helping the community and the community loves it when I help it too. There is not really any hard part of volunteering at Good Shepherd at all.
Pros
Experience for sorting goods, free snacks and drinks after the job is done for the day, and makes you feel great for helping the community too.
Cons
No pay, just snacks and lots of work but the job gets done pretty fast and done right the first time
FUN place to work
Youth Support Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 April 2014
This place will teach you many positive things at work place.
Pros
meetingnew people
positive
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2014
This place does amazing work to help and support people. I love working with the people at Good Shepherd, The only issue i have are the shift times. They do not work with having young children at home.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Shift times
Case managment
Shift Lead Youth Support Worker- Fulltime (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 January 2014
Great working experience. case management, cooking, plan of care etc
Cons
salary and workload
A home setting which offered 24 hour supportive care for those diagnosed with mental health illnesses
H.O.M.E.S. Program, Community Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 December 2012
Begin by participating in shift change with staff to discuss progress of tenants and plan for the present shift.
Working with those who face mental health challenges is a rewarding position.
Management very supportive and encouragement openess and support ongoing learning.
When tenants left the program for various reasons. Remaining professional and not to becoming too attached is a personal challenge.
Personal successess of clients who met goals and were able to move forward with their lives.
Pros
great learning opportunities
Cons
witnessing presonal failures of those who struggle daily