Good Shepherd Non Profit Homes

Good Shepherd Non Profit Homes Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Organization that provides critical services to the homeless
This organization provides key housing supports. The staff are very knowledgeable and caring. Organization is currently in flux with many proposed changes
Pros
Excellent values.
Cons
Too much change at one time.
Toxic Work Environment
The work is fairly typical of a mental health housing agency. The management are nice people, but rather unprofessional. The employees are very unprofessional, and there is a terrible gossip-culture. Employees are not very friendly, especially to new employees. Management plays favourites and I never felt secure in my job. I wish I could have just completed my work, but it's hard to ignore such a terrible work environment. The pay does not justify the toxic office culture.
Pros
Some employee perks, a lot of flexibility and autonomy
Cons
Terrible/toxic work culture, too much gossip
A wonderful place to work in, creates a feeling of being part of a family
A Non Profit organization, that works for the welfare of homeless mentally ill in the community. Works to provide safe shelter for the homeless in the community. The management includes a Director and Program Managers who co-ordinate the working of more than 40 Community Mental Health Workers.
The organization is smoothly run by the coordinated efforts of the whole team, and makes sure that the Mental Health and well being of each and every one is maintained.

The organization has various residential buildings which provides shelter to individuals who have no place to live in and the workers work together to keep the place safe for its clients.

Activities are continuously held in the buildings ensuring ts clients are occupied and are in good mental health.