Good Shepherd Ministries

Good Shepherd Ministries Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work

The management is friendly with the staff. I absolutely love the job. I was happy to work there. Hopefully I get to work there in the future. Thank you very much.

Pros

free lunches

Not the best

They pay very low wages, poor management and work culture. There isn't a lot of work to do, and there is a concern of safety with clients. There are a lot of sketchy things that happen behind closed-doors...

Volunteer

Volunteer. It's a worthy cause. You will meet many people from all walks of life, who will transform your perspective of the world. You will develop a sense of community and understanding.

Good place

Great place to work and live amazing place to recover. The work is easy and manageable there are hot days and long days but the pay off is so rewarding

Good work place

Good place to work great environment cared about the patients willing to help with their well-being take well care of their diabetic patients help with medications for patients that are low income

Welcoming and easy-going

I volunteered here several times over the course of my high school experience. We would arrive in the morning, put our stuff away and get right to work on making the beds and food for the men at the shelter. I found it to be a very welcoming and clean environment every time I volunteered. Never had a bad experience.

Pros

Free lunches

Ministry Opportunity right out of the Bible

This program was created to care for 'the least of these'-our friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. Every single day of 'work' was a privilege to be as Christ to our guests.

Pros

To see Christ in every person, every day.

Cons

Tough work!

Productive and clean environment

Great staff to work with, fun place to work and clean environment. I volunteered and i did enjoy my time there assist in taking care of the homeless, my heart goes out for these people.

Pros

Fun

Productive workplace

Worked as a volunteer one day in high school. Basic work from serving food to the less fortunate to folding laundry in the basement and unloading juices from the truck.

productive environment

A typical day was collecting payments from customers and keeping records. I learnt how to interact with customers and keep efficient records. The workplace had a culture of helping the sick. It was a productive workplace.

Very calm and friendly staff.

I worked there for only a couple of days as a volunteer and I really enjoyed it and wish I could work more. It's a good ministry with good intentions .

Night Monitoring the Zoo

This "job" is for volunteer reasons. I am only there to help the night staff member. It is not a very demanding job, it is rewarding though, to be able to help others, in their time of need. I hope, that when I am employed by a company, I will still have some time to volunteer.

Great place to volunteer

Great place good people learning environment Happy I got the chance to volunteer there Had a good group of people to work with Learned to appreciate the things I have As well as to help others whenever I can Very rewarding

Memoriable place to do volunteer

The typical day at work is to clean up the room, and do the laundry. The supervisor were so nice to everyone of us. All the co-workers were my friends. This job was not challenging at all, but I enjoyed it.

Productive, high risk at work

Though I enjoyed working at the place but the management relations with staff is nothing. Typical work day start by ensuring all safety and security procedures are in place, checking on the number of available beds, reaching out to other agencies and writing reports. Team work is diminishing. The most enjoyable part is helping the less privileged in the community

Friendly and fun

great place to take your friends and do a good deed. very friendly staff and let us take our time

Pros

free lunch

Cons

a little too dirty sometimes

Fun place to be working in with plenty of benefits.

A typical day consists of laying the food on the trays in the morning. Afterwards there is a break followed by serving the food. After all the food is served, it is time for preparing the food for lunch. I learned how to make coffee while working here. Easy to get along with coworkers

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Repetitive tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Ministries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3