Good Shepherd Centres
Good Shepherd Centres Employee Review

Nice place to work

16 December 2019
Nice place to do volunteer, management is very humble and they help you all the time understand the process. Duties are all about food bank organizations, helping different types of people with their needs.
27 June 2020
I worked at Good Shepherd Women's Services for almost five years. They will work you and make you do things that no human should have to do. I had a peer have to clean a miscarriage that was so far along, they bought a casket for the baby. I personally had to feed a person with MS who was paralyzed from the neck down with no training - I tried to decline unsafe work and the manager told me no. I had to clean a broken colonoscopy bag and the woman was hep c positive, we have to clean bodily fluids all the time with no proper training with people we know are hep c or HIV positive. No management support. The manager of Mary's Place doesn't know what she is doing, doesn't support her workers, barely comes out of her office, makes sure she takes her lunch but never lets anyone else take theirs, makes decisions that put her workers in hugely unsafe situations. The manager at Martha House is good but you can tell she is burnt out. She doesn't support her workers. The organization plays favourites. The new director has done terrible things and lies to cover herself. She never says hi to anyone, and does the bare minimum work. Always outside smoking. You can see on her instagram she is always taking selfies of herself promoting her side hustle. Super shady. Expect to be verbally, emotionally and potentially physically assaulted by clients all the time. The force you to do doubles as well all the time when you first start. No breaks. I quit a fulltime, unionized, benefits, matched up to 3% rrsp because of the horrifying conditions. I had to go to therapy and was diagnosed with PTSD and - more...
25 May 2020
Same location
Worked at one of there homes for almost 20 yrs had to leave as new director took over, and it became a toxic work environment. The brothers of Good Shepard should be ashamed of themselves, they are disgusting and disgraceful to let this happen, as a lot of long time staff left there.
14 May 2020
Same location
"People leave managers not organizations... turnover is mostly a manager issue."

People have limited commitment here. There so much staff turnover, It is unbelievable and absolutely alarming. And the thing that gets me most is that management always has a way to put the blame on the person who leaves or goes on leave. Somehow it's their failing that they couldn't live up to the ridiculous expectations and conditions. Management can't take responsibility for their own problems.

We need a union here so bad but everyone is too scared to talk about it openly. The only way we can give feedback to management is to put up a review on a website. They really need t0 clean house of the so-called 'leadership team' This isn't what real management looks like, because Intimidation and disrespect arent daily management strategies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Good Shepherd Centres. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8