Good Earth Cafe

Good Earth Cafe Employee Reviews

Great place to work.

Great people and nice employee discounts the employer REALLY cares for her employees well being. You need to be flexible to work here and handle a very fast pace during peak season tho. Since it's the only good cafe in the hospital

not fun

barley had enough hours was untrusted to do my job i knew how to do, expected to do more than possible - 2 things at once for example make food and help take dishes back at the same time.

Cons

no breaks

Fun place to work, relaxed atmosphere

Perks include great staff-meal discount. Manager is willing to work around personal schedules, other staff are usually willing to trade shifts whenever they are able to.

good place to work

Good Earth is good place to work , as a frenchise business they need more control over their partners . Last 3 years were with out the race and my medical benefits were taken away as the person I worked for blame it on recession . Thats not right

Pros

free lunch and flexible hours

Cons

long days

Fun and easy job made stressful by management

Typical 8 hour work days for fulltime employees that consisted of basic food preparation a service. Job was made difficult and stressful by the lack of trust and high degree of micromanagement by the employers.

Pros

Paid breaks, healthcare, discounted food when on shift

Cons

Lack of trust, micromanagement

Productive, strict work environment

A typical work day consist of washing dishes, preparing fresh coffee for the afternoon and evening, serving customers and cleaning the store. learned the importance of hard work and how to handle difficult situations in a professional matter. Management was unprofessional in the way that they dealt with minor issues. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the store is completely flawless and clean for the morning staff the next day. I truly don't mind the cleaning in fact I rather enjoyed it. as it kept me busy for the duration of my shift and taught me the importance of cleanliness and the appearance of the restaurant.

Pros

Free coffee, flexible scheduling

Cons

Unfriendly environment

Fun workplace

Pretty easy going. The most i learned was how to talk to customers and make coffee. The management was pretty nice and easy going (they are under new management now). Hardest part of the job was having to clean by myself every closing shift. There was a lot of cleaning to do in such a short amount of time with no help. The coworkers were easy to get along with., I loved them all. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers and learning and making new friends.

Pros

customers and experience

Cons

cleaned by myself

great place to work and great environment

a typical day in the cafe always depends when your working and what day! some days are busier than others. The people that you work with are great and supportive, we learn to become a team and help each other. Hardest part of the job is when you have customers that aren't the nicest to you but customers come first so you need to put on a smile.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

longer hours overtime

great

loved working here! staff was fun, outgoing, an excellent place downtown, trendy and exciting! meeting new people and friends to work with!

It has been a very fun place to work however I need something that pays more

I need to find something permanent/full time and pays well. Good Earth can only go so far, Now that I have graduated college I really need to find something that will pay me more than minimum wage and where I can get full time hours so I can support myself.

Pros

great staff

Cons

minimum wage

Jobs at Good Earth Cafe