Good Earth Cafe logo
Good Earth Cafe
View all Good Earth Cafe reviews

Good Earth Cafe

Good Earth Cafe Employee Review

Fast paced and fun place to work

A normal day at work would involve a couple of large rushes of people. With Good Earth being centrally located to downtown Calgary we get quite busy. In many scenarios I was doing Cash, the espresso bar, and preparing food or catering all at the same time.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive, strict work environment

A typical work day consist of washing dishes, preparing fresh coffee for the afternoon and evening, serving customers and cleaning the store. learned the importance of hard work and how to handle difficult situations in a professional matter. Management was unprofessional in the way that they dealt with minor issues. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the store is completely flawless and clean for the morning staff the next day. I truly don't mind the cleaning in fact I rather enjoyed it. as it kept me busy for the duration of my shift and taught me the importance of cleanliness and the appearance of the restaurant.

Pros

Free coffee, flexible scheduling

Cons

Unfriendly environment
Same role

Fun workplace

Pretty easy going. The most i learned was how to talk to customers and make coffee. The management was pretty nice and easy going (they are under new management now). Hardest part of the job was having to clean by myself every closing shift. There was a lot of cleaning to do in such a short amount of time with no help. The coworkers were easy to get along with., I loved them all. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers and learning and making new friends.

Pros

customers and experience

Cons

cleaned by myself
Same location

good place to work

Good Earth is good place to work , as a frenchise business they need more control over their partners . Last 3 years were with out the race and my medical benefits were taken away as the person I worked for blame it on recession . Thats not right

Pros

free lunch and flexible hours

Cons

long days
  • Good Earth Cafe
  • Fast paced and fun place to work