GOLIN Employee Reviews

Productive work space and great people
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL9 December 2018
Golin is a fabulous place to work, however the pay is a little lower than other PR firms. When working, you are faced with challenges and have to have the stamina to handle them.
Work here if you can
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC4 December 2018
Best PR internship for anyone interested in seeing what the field is all about. Diverse working environment with people from all walks of life. Great environment
Pros
es
Excellent
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong12 November 2018
Excellent work environment, they really want their employees to grow and to learn. A lot of Team work is needed in order to work there. Employees are very well experiences and the company is not scared to modernise and to adapt to today's world.
Somewhat nice agency
Associate 2 (Account Executive) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA5 November 2018
This agency doesn't have people that scream at you, but it does lack guidance. On certain teams, there isn't much room for growth, and it is extremely slow.
The firm no longer exists
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 May 2018
I can't comment on the firm; I believe it is no longer in existence. When I was there, the culture was terrible and the manager was an extremely difficult person - eventually she got fired.
Good intentions but lacks leadership
Private (Former Employee) –  Private19 March 2018
There are some really awesome people who work there, but there's a lack of direction in regards to what type of agency they want to be. There's is still potential there and hopefully that potential can be realized.
Pros
The people
Cons
Leadership
Dedicated and large agency
Account Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 February 2018
Coming to this firm from another, I was struck by the relatively large size at the time, but it was well organized and staffed properly for the work at hand.
Great clients and fantastic talent
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA18 February 2018
Internal management was very supportive and smart. The culture was relaxed as far as working for a Public Relations firms go. All employees pitched in when needed.
Pros
Fun employee meetings
A great place to start if you're just entering the PR field.
Creative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 December 2017
A great place to start if you're just entering the field. Fun culture. Unfortunately it's a place where lots of talented Juniors are in a position where growth is roadblocked by Senior leadership watching out for each other's jobs.
It was a wonderful internship
PR Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA28 November 2017
This was a great internship filled with exciting opportunities. It was perfect for me as I was just getting into the PR world. It is a learning experience.
So far so good
Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Qurray Bay12 November 2017
I may copy & paste what I've done in this company...

I have developed digital content, marketing, and public relations strategies for global clients.
Designed and implemented business development presentations, customized pitches, and ultimately won client contracts for Canon Hong Kong, Bengga, Cambium Networks, and digital consultancy services of Elephant Parade and Pacific Place Hong Kong.
Good experiance
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX29 August 2017
This was too long ago to remember too much detail. Overall, great place to work. Good work/life balance and good senior leadership. Lots of opportunity.
Brilliant colleagues but tense atmosphere
Media Relations Manager, Worldwide Media Practice (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 July 2017
While I found the work at the company to be challenging and exciting and loved the clients, there was so much turnover in personnel that I felt I was constantly facing new team members, most of whom did not last very long at the company.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 June 2017
Golin has been a great place to gain hands on public relation experience so far. My only complaints are that the office doesn't participate in Summer Fridays but that's due to the unlimited paid time off perks.
Pros
Unlimited paid time off, wellness perks, open lunches
Cons
UTO and wellness perks only available to full time employees, no summer Fridays
Great people and great culture
Digital Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX25 May 2017
The people here are second to none. Mentorship and professional growth are ingrained into the office culture. Your work will keep you busy, expect to regularly work more than 40 hours, but unlimited PTO balances it out.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, great people, awesome office
Cons
A little clique-y
Really fun and inclusive workplace
Creative Designer (Former Employee) –  London2 May 2017
A typical day involved a team meeting with a brainstorm session on that days work. We also had weekly meetings to discuss social media plans for the client and tried to share creative ideas.
Fun Workplace, Good Experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 April 2017
Loved working at Golin, they really do work hard to let you have "work-life balance." The Unlimited time off is not the best, you feel pressure to work more and I liked the old system better. If you are thinking of applying, you definitely should.
An Engineered "Cool"
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 February 2016
When I first started working at Golin, I was excited and drawn in by the eye-catching graphics on the company website, and the fact that they represented brands like McDonald's, Adidas and Mountain Dew. But I don't think that excitement has stuck - each of the new initiatives the company takes on feels like they are forcing "coolness" down our throats.
Great Company
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL26 October 2015
Great Company to work for, outstanding employees and fun working environment. Team work is 100% and stand up employees. Nothing bad to say about some of the employees.
Senior Media Manager / Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL24 August 2015
Great place to work. The people and culture here are second to none. The salary is a little lower than comparable PR agencies. Solid clients, good growth opportunity, but can be a little hectic at times. Sometimes PTO is not respected by coworkers.