Golf Town Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work with
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 June 2018
Workplace culture- teamwork, friendly
Management- open door, easily accessible
A typical day at work- very professional
The most enjoyable part of the job- morning meetings
Fun environment but poor upper management
Department Sales Lead of Hardlines (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 May 2018
Typical work day entailed selling, customer service and problem solving.

Upper management has very little knowledge of store level and make questionable decisions about sales. Certain GM's have little idea of how to run a store and are very authoritarian.

Enjoyable conversations with customer's because you're discussing a sport you like and enjoy seeing their success.
Pros
Benefits within management
Cons
Very little leadership
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 April 2018
It was fun to work, but managers can be judgemental. overall great place to work. When I worked there there was a massive dispute with managers and they were all fired. when a new manager was hired they did not renew my contract, and only told me they wouldn't a on my last shift a week and a half before it was over. that wasn't fair and I felt I got the low end of the stick.
Fun work atmosphere, great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 April 2018
Learned how to work well with a sales team, interact with customers, help customers with their sales needs for golf clubs, shoes, etc., and working with customers in the golf swing simulator. Management was excellent to work for and supportive. Workplace culture was fun and friendly. Hardest part of the job would be learning how to put new golf grips on clubs, however, I became very good at it. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and working with them in the golf simulator.
fun managers, great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2018
fun environment, great work place, managers are nice. you'll see the same customers most of the time. slow in the winter but most shifts in the summer.
great place to work lite work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 February 2018
Golf Town was a wonder place of employment. I'am an avid golfer and enjoy the game very much. This job was satisfying in many ways using my knowledge of the game help people with there purchases was very satisfying.The Management were great to work for and would gladly go back in the future if it were possible.The best benefit to the job was customer satisfaction made you feel successful.
Pros
company offered some good discounts on golf equipment.
Cons
alot weekend work
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg MB15 January 2018
Golf Town is a fun workplace with a great mix of people. Enjoyable hours, great discounts, and a very positive vibe. The people working there are excellent people.
Pros
Discounted Clubs
Cons
Strange hours
Mediocre Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 December 2017
Poor upper management. Distant and uninviting senior staff. Quality of work tended to be monotonous and underwhelming. Negative workplace environment.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 December 2017
It was a good place to work. The staff was friendly, there was opportunity for advancement, and they always treated me with respect. Overall i would recommend working there
Great Company to work with
Digital Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2017
one of the best organization to work with. The best thing to work with Golf Town is work-life balance. Supportive Management, Great Culture, Learning environment.
fun and social work place
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2017
my time at golf town was very fun, all of the staff got along very well and we worked well as a team. in slow times we would keep productive and still be social with each other which made the job feel less like a job.
Leader in the changing retail environment
Department Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 August 2017
Golftown has always been a very challenging and inspiring place to work. I learned many skills that I can use in any future position. The challenging retail environment has been difficult on all employees lately.
Fun and Energetic
Department Sales Lead (Clubs) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 July 2017
Enjoyed dealing with all the different products we had to sell everyday. Fun and diversified employees with all one goal. Younger employees would miss a lot of shifts which put pressure on myself as well as other managers and employees. Was let go after becoming disabled.
Pros
Fun products
Cons
Busy shifts
Productive and good and easy going mangement
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 March 2017
overall it was a good and fun place to do my coop placement. they helped me learn tons of things and get to my goal for my hours. management and staff are very polite nice and easy going
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
Golf Town is an exciting place to work. When you get to be around all the new equipment, and meet with each companies reps to see what is new and upcoming it adds a new dimension to being in the industry.
Fun environment!
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
If you like golf this is the place for you. With good compensation for their employees, and a stress free work environment, this job is great as an entry level job. With lots of room to move up, you could easily turn this job into a career.
Pros
Fun environment. Employee incentives
Cons
Pay
A great place to work with great staff
Shipping Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2016
I was a Key holder responsible for opening the store for business, Receiving and shipping product, entered info from packing lists into the store inventory, free golf was a nice perk as well.
Pros
free golf, good benifits
First job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 November 2016
This place is ok. It was my first job out of university. I learned lots of people skills but there isn't much job advancement. management is set in their ways
Pros
Employee disounts
Cons
no job advancement
Just dont every do it.
Departmental Sales Lead Hardlines Department (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 November 2016
Terrible unorganized place to work. Too much personal feelings as managers were married. No care for employees, seemed golfing in tournaments was a little more important than the health and well being of fellow associates. Being hospitalized does not constitute a reason to miss work. Left right after due to ridicule from managers via email and verbally. Glad to see this poison close.
bean counters at head office who dont recognize the hard working people at store level
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
Their struggles were inevitable . Eye test is never done . Bean counters make decisions . Mid management personnel are know it all's . Good riddance GT . Worked with some great people at the store level there but management squeezed them all out . As stores close and people get fired , look in the mirror HQ .
Pros
fun in store environment
Cons
hard work goes unnoticed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golf Town. Our community is ready to answer.