Golf Town Employee Reviews

Aweful Atmosphere, Management a Joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  calgary26 March 2019
Place full of teenagers whos socials skills are pitiful, Management thought is was a joke too, as was the management , contests that were not paid out . brutal wage,
Pros
Squat
Cons
The whole place
fun and productive workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 March 2019
Really good work environment, allowing me to have good relationships with the other employees, and being able to get the job done right. Fast paced environment allowing you to always be moving and interacting with customers
Cons
winter hours are reduced
very good
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 March 2019
great place to work while in school, very flexible scheduling, great co-workers and clean/safe place to work. Company could work on pay structure, and reward the required knowledge to work in hard lines.
was a eye opening experience
SALES/ pro shop club repair / fitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2019
started off great working there but quickly found it was geared to treat the low level employees poorly and pay was very minimum. enjoyable talking golf all day but some of the staff were uneducated about the game and its products.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
minimal pay
Great workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist / Sage (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 January 2019
It's a great workplace. Fast paced and tight deadlines. Management
needs to provide more training for the store associates and review feedback from the various store receivers. If you work in the head office, you should be able to hit the ground running !
overall good group of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 January 2019
evening during winter will be very slow and hours will be cut for sure. Management is good and try there best to accommodate your needs. With some minor adjustments this can be a fantastic place to work
Not enough hours in winter months, young workplace
Club Department Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2018
I've been working at GT for 5 months and I have learned a lot about retail and the golf industry but there are not enough hours to go around for every employee. New managers with limited experience make the associates feel unhappy and upper management does not make time for their low level employees. Love working and talking about golf everyday with the customers as they are the best part about working in the industry.
Fun Place to work for a summer or a year
Customer Service & Product Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2018
Fun place to work
Good Discounts with clothes
Some staff can be petty but that comes with working with high school/ University students

Typical day at work: Making sure the store is clean and new clothes are put out and tagged correctly
helping customers
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Zero advancement in the company
Golftown LTD
Sr. Retail Pro Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada28 October 2018
This company has many wonderful people working for it who have dedicated their time to make GOLFTOWN an amazing working enviornment.

Due to the poor management styles and the total disconnect from their staff it makes for a frustrating and stressfull work place.
Pros
Amazing employees who truly enjoy Golf
great
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 October 2018
i've met a lot of people while working here. the managers there were very helpful and taught me how to better myself. The staffs there are also very friendly as they help me while the managers are off doing something else.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 October 2018
I loved working at Golf Town! One of the best jobs I have ever had! It's such a relaxed environment and the staff are friendly bunch. Would 10/10 recommend as a great summer job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 October 2018
Good place to work. Great culture. Customer love the knowledge that they are able to gain from all sales associates. Hard to complain about anything in particular.
good job for your avid golfer
sales associate (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC19 September 2018
I worked during high school. i got the job through a coop program at my school. i worked at golf town part time for 3 years it was good i enjoy golf so it was nice to constantly be in the loop with all the new gear coming out :)
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 August 2018
It is a very welcoming and inclusive working environment. I would highly recommend this for a job. There is always something to be done very rarely will you be bored. The management team is very friendly and work around your availability
Productive and fun place to work with
Business Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 June 2018
Workplace culture- teamwork, friendly
Management- open door, easily accessible
A typical day at work- very professional
The most enjoyable part of the job- morning meetings
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON16 May 2018
Golf Town is a great place to work if you have a love for the game of golf. Should you bring specific knowledge, such as club repair into the equation, it can be a great place to work.
Management can, at times be difficult, but if you prove yourself, they can be awesome.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Knowledge to pay ratio could be better.
Fun environment but poor upper management
Department Sales Lead of Hardlines (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 May 2018
Typical work day entailed selling, customer service and problem solving.

Upper management has very little knowledge of store level and make questionable decisions about sales. Certain GM's have little idea of how to run a store and are very authoritarian.

Enjoyable conversations with customer's because you're discussing a sport you like and enjoy seeing their success.
Pros
Benefits within management
Cons
Very little leadership
Golf Town
Manager of Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Vaughan28 April 2018
Golf Town has undergone many recent changes, 5 CEOs in 5 years. I have worked for the company for 15 years, and I have stayed that long because they have been rally good to me with working around my school schedule. We run on a lean team, that require many late nights and weekends. However, this is expected. There is little work/ life balance and many individuals do multiple jobs.
Pros
If you love golf
Cons
unstable leadership
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 April 2018
It was fun to work, but managers can be judgemental. overall great place to work. When I worked there there was a massive dispute with managers and they were all fired. when a new manager was hired they did not renew my contract, and only told me they wouldn't a on my last shift a week and a half before it was over. that wasn't fair and I felt I got the low end of the stick.
Fun work atmosphere, great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 April 2018
Learned how to work well with a sales team, interact with customers, help customers with their sales needs for golf clubs, shoes, etc., and working with customers in the golf swing simulator. Management was excellent to work for and supportive. Workplace culture was fun and friendly. Hardest part of the job would be learning how to put new golf grips on clubs, however, I became very good at it. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and working with them in the golf simulator.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golf Town. Our community is ready to answer.