Golder Associates

Golder Associates Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace

Decent workplace culture, I worked in one of their bigger offices and it was an inclusive environment.Manager didn't help me succeed nor did he provide guidance, even when I asked him for some. It did seem as though he was fairly new in the Leader role, so maybe I should cut him some slack? Not quite sure.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack of mentorship

a good position for civil engineering students who can keep up with physically demanding work.

Nice coworkers and easy to talk toA lot of driving but well compensated for itPhysically demandingAs a Civil engineering student I found this position to be a great experience to get out in the field and that the skills taught in my program prepared me for anything they asked of me.

Highly enjoyable

The field manager was very good and stresses safety first and would never question your decision if you had a concern, even if it is a temporary one.An example was when I was on an archaeology project and heavy machinery had to knock trees down; I left my site and made the supervisor know I had to leave. He was happy I left without being told and placed me at another site.The other people in charge were more than willing to help and were patiant and professional.

Pros

The pay was very good. Very understanding supervisors.

Cons

Long hours, flies, bears...

Great company though poor retention of contractual positions

Its a great company, very safety oriented and good professional development and mentorship opportunities and collaboration over multiple offices in different regions. Only downside is they do a lot of hiring in the spring on a contractual basis but dont retain any or very few of those individuals.

Pros

Safety and multiple projects

Cons

Poor progression and promotion

Good people, awful place to work

Golder will never value or reward your contributions no matter how hard you work. There is zero job security and management will not hesitate to terminate your position with no notice. There is a terrible work life balance and extremely long hours/field rotations. Further, it is rare that golder will have a set field rotation schedule meaning you will never know when and/or how long you will be away for. The only positive was the people, there are some very smart and nice people to learn from and build relationships with.

Pros

Downtown office, people

Cons

Long hours, long field rotations, no job security, low pay, terrible benefits, poor planning and scheduling

No career perspective and low salary

Except for the flexible hours, you are stack where you are and unless you lick the right behind you might go ahead in your career. You often worry about being laid off. The pay is not competitive at all, there is no bonuses, no gratification of any sort, except for a mug, At least where I am we have free parking, for now.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

miserable pay

You will very soon regret the decision to work here!

The worst company I have ever worked for. Management and leadership is VERY much lacking. Executives lead with God-like and grandeur attitudes, micromanage in areas they have no experience in whatsoever, and constantly make the worst decisions putting the company at risk for lawsuits. The favoritism is out of control. Clients avoid or terminate contracts due to their expensive services. Their internal systems are cheap, inadequate, and need to be urgently updated. Most staff members are miserable and overworked. If you so much bring up how overworked you are, you are let go immediately. IT department is awful; very slow response times and inexperienced staff. HR bullies and makes people cry. That is their culture. Everyone is miserable working here. Most are holding on due to the present times. This is a sinking ship. Avoid at all costs!

terrible place to work, Nepotism is rampant.

If your have an issue, do not report it to Hr. There is no confidentiality and they only try to curry favor with those at the top. At the height of Covid, the Director of HR advocated that everyone should keep going into the office.

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Better off at McDonald's flippin' burgers

Management is absolutely moronic in terms of fairness or job advancement. Seen a massive amount of qualified candidates get let go because company does not want to pay for good workers. They prefer to save a few bucks and hire inexperienced workers instead. This company is on top of its game when it comes to Constructive Dismissal.

Pros

Stepping Stone

Cons

Toxic HR, Constructive Dismissal, Favoritism

Golder is good place to get your foot in the door of the industry but that's it. I would never suggest anyone to start working there and here's why. Salary was minimal, raises are pretty much obsolete, no work/life balance, no organization, absolutely no employee loyalty, sporadic work hours, barley any training and the list goes on. I can honestly say that I've never worked for such a currupt company in my life. If you like working long hours, getting minimal pay and lots of stress. Then Golder is the place for you.

Pros

The odd time such would be provided.

Cons

Pretty much everything.

productive and nice office environment

nice environment to work; however, poor interaction with other departments typical of big corporations. good management and personal interaction within the groups

Productive and fun working environment

Very attractive and fun environment to work at. Enjoy going into the office and getting ready for the day whether that was in the field or in the office itself.

Plays Favorites

It's a good place to work if the PMs like you otherwise you will be working very little. Its definitely a good place to get your feet wet and you could definitely stay there for a long time

Great people, low salary

Great technical people, well connected global company with a ton of experience in the environmental field. Good work-life balance. Low salary and high expectations on changeability targets.

Big office, big politics

Too many people in management. Too many complainers. Great IT and helpdesk. My department had lots of work, but the company was suffering and I was among many to lose their jobs in 2016.

HR dept hires women only

Hr and recruitment hire almost only women to keep salaries low Hours for recruitment advisors are far too low for working hours expected. Raises are poor. Clique mentality

Good morale overall

I enjoyed all aspects of working at Golder. There is room for advancement and being challenged. I felt valued as an employee. The benefits were excellent.

Great Job Experience but horrible office culture

Workplace culture is controlled by 2 or 3 long term employees who bully and make everyone's life unbearable. Management is not involved in the day to day of the office and opportunities for advancement have disappeared over the last few years. I dread going to work every day.

Productive and fun place to work at

The role provides a lot of personal development. There are lots of cross training and internal development tests. Company also requires certifications that you need to pass.

Over worked and under paid with very little work life balance

Over worked, under paid and under appreciated. Very little work life balance. Standard benefits. Hard work is not rewarded. You are promoted based on who you know.

Fast paced consultancy

I really enjoy the diversity of work projects at Golder. Often get to see at least 3 projects concurrently, with contributions from a variety of geosciences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golder Associates. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement