Golder Associates Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Work/life balance unrealistic
Geotechnical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 February 2018
Instead of having enough staff they'd rather tell their employees to work 12 hour days and weekends to get the work done. If the pay was decent it wouldn't be so bad but with making $2 above minimum wage its not worth the amount of stress, responsibility, and time that the job requires.

This used to be a good company to work for before they restructured it. They employ as little staff as possible and expect everyone to work more to compensate for it, yet they don't show any kind of gratitude when it comes to raises. Going up 30 cents an hour per year is not enough.
Pros
Cake day once a month
Cons
Low pay, no work/life balance mentality
Overall a good company to work for
Lab/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 June 2016
Was good. Although couldn't see much chance to advance.Work culture was definitely one of the best parts of working there.
Run away!!! You can do better!!!
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitby7 October 2014
I had the misfortune of working in their pavement lab in Whitby. I was trained for a grand total of 6 hours on different pavement analysis tests (which take months to learn properly BTW) and then left with one other employee who started the day before me to run the entire pavement lab (I wish I was joking) I was training him on tests my first day! I worked 11 hours my first day with a 15 minute lunch....I have NEVER worked for such an unorganized and frankly dangerous company. I was not provided proper PPE or training to conduct my job. Having previously worked in a lab I know how one is suppose to run an this one was a nightmare. They mostly hire on contract and WILL work you like dogs.

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SAY STAY AWAY FROM THE LABS!! STAY AWAY FROM THE HOLE COMPANY THE PLACE IS A JOKE!
Pros
no pros STAY AWAY
Cons
Working there in the first place!!
great place to work. lots of work,
Lab/Field Technician (Former Employee) –  vanscoy, sask1 July 2013
great place to work, great people to work with. very well run.