Golden Voice English Employee Reviews

It's nice, for a while.
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2018
I've been here for three years and have never received a raise. Children disappear from your schedule with no explanation. Giant holes in my schedule for months at a time. I loved this job at the beginning under different management, but lately things have been really going downhill and fast. At first I felt appreciated and valued, now I feel as if I'm being used and abused.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
disappearing hours, monotony, no clear structure for students
Great place to teach english
English Tutor (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
A great place to teach english, however the hours are based on Beijing, China time. Typical day would consist of teaching young students in china how to read and speak English.
Contractor for online ESL school/company
online ESL Teacher/Contractor for Grades (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2017
GVE has an edge over other ESL companies. The artwork on their curriculum Powerpoints is exceptional. Plus the curriculum writers tell an expanding story with the same characters. The students become familiar with these characters and motivates the students to learn.
Pros
Powerpoint presentations
Cons
Not enough working hours
Excellent
Online ESL Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
I have been working as a GVE tutor for approximately three months. The culture of GVE is very supportive, enthusiastic and encouraging. I take tremendous pleasure in facilitating English lessons for our GVE students. Highly recommend if you are looking for a few hours of work everyday, especially if you are a morning person and feel your best happens before 10 am AST.
Pros
Work from home