Golden Life Management

Golden Life Management Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews

staffcaremanagementworkingplacecompanygreatwork

I have enjoyed my time at Golden Life Management. Well, I’ve had managers that screamed at me, two of them to be sure. The manager I have now is much better but she says she will quit soon because of the chronic short staffing. So maybe it hasn’t been such a great place.

Do not work here

Was a care aide here for 10 yrs. Management and staff are terrible always short staffed management exploites workers right’s forcing them to work more than legally allowed with a super high workload , fosters unsafe workplace for staff and residents and puts residents in bad conditions and treats them poor I’d never recommend working here and I’d never ever put any of my family into a golden life facility

Insights into Golden Life Management

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Working my Best Life

After leaving a career in public practice after 15+ years and venturing into the unknown I couldn't have found a better place to start the next chapter of my career.I'll admit that some of the reviews I read were discouraging but five months in and I am loving the team atmosphere at head office and can see that management is working to provide the "best life" for both staff and residents.

Not a great work atmosphere

There is no team work here. Management does not care about how employees treat each other. If you are friends with the Management you have a free pass to do what ever you want. Be careful and watch your back do not trust anyone or what anyone says. I do not recommend any one work for this company

Cons

No respect. Low wages. Over worked. Poor management

Not a good place.

I worked here. Horrible managers replaced every few months by more horrible managers. Weak and lazy HR team. Often times my messages would go unheard, and I would be blamed for not calling ahead to say that I was sick (I did, I would never just not show up to work). The staffing was pretty bad. There are basically two sides to the building, one for residents who don't need a ton of help doing their daily things. The other side, however, these residents are closer to the end of their lives, a lot have dementia/alzheimer's or are with disabilities. The more relaxed side was heavily dominated by international workers who very often spoke in their own language, laughing very loud and you could often make out your own name in their banter. Didn't help the already tenuous relationship of kitchen staff. The heavy care side, however, is where things got really ugly.I've never seen so much lack of care delivered to people who desperately needed/wanted it. Often times all these people wanted was someone to talk to them for a few minutes about anything. And I did. I loved every minute of that, best part of the job. They told me all sorts of things, either about how they hated living there or just missed their family. The care staff was amazing, and some of the most talented and giving people worked there. However.. there are always bad apples. Some were particularly cruel toward the seniors living there. I was in fear of losing my job or being reprimanded in some way, had I spoke up about such issues. In light of some articles of Dianna Green's, I have decided to post this review. I -

Pros

The people living there.

Cons

Everything else.

Pretty good its nice to interact with residents and coworkers

It's a nice same thing everyday kind of work, my favorite everyone's super nice it feels good to work for the elderly the only problem is the food and kitchen management I felt bad serving the food sometimes because it wasn't good sometimes it would be really good and Christmas was amazing for them but every few weeks you have to serve something that when you just look at it you can tell your going to get complaints

Pros

coworkers

Cons

Head chef

A busy but fun place to work

There is a lot of overtime available if you want to pick it up. Management is trying hard to make things better all the time. I love working with my residents and coworkers too. Wages and benefits are good too.

Pros

Lots of staff recognition

Cons

busy, can be stressful at times esp with this pandemic ongoing

All about themselves head office

Please be extra cautious if you decided to work for this company. They are definitely all about themselves at head office. Not sure why but its a consistent thing with head office they move people here from across Canada (Ontario Alberta) etc , People work for the company for about 2 years and they let them go. After people have settled here in Cranbrook bought a house moved there family here. What is head office thinking right its all about them $$$$. When a resident moves in they just want there $ and up sales so its more revenue to them . Caution ! they make it sound good

Toxic Work Environment

Whispering Winds in Pincher Creek has got to be the most toxic work environment I have encountered. The community manager is not a leader, and some of the staff has no regard for teamwork. The staff turn around is terrible. Head office does not listen to complaints from staff or residents family. This facility has residents moving out because of the community manager, and that is wrong.

Productive , fun , management team.

I am really glad that I got the opportunity to be a part of this organization... The management team , specifically The HR team , very understanding and they did a great job throughout hiring and as follows....Comfortable and everything was best...staff, clients and the whole team..

Stay away

The manager at this place is selfish, a bully and does not care about anyone but herself, Treats everyone, staff and residents like they are dumb and have no purpose in life. You spend your average work day working hard Because they are short staffed while she sits in her office All day long pretending to look busy. Read the other reviews on this company before you pursue. I remember one day I had so much to do in a shift I barely got done, then the next day she pulled me into her office and gave me tore a strip off me because I missed something and threatened me with a letter of expectation, what a joke. Like it’s my fault no one wants to work here and who ever foolishly does have to pick up the slack

Pros

The residents

Cons

The community manager

Greedy untrustworth company

All about what things look like. But unsafe for clients and staff. Unkind unsafe undeserving of government fundingStay away from this group and make your oppinions known to government so funding is questioned.

Staff Work Hard, Management Sucks

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with some very hard working people, management wasn't. On-Site manager was over your shoulder with no filter. She made you feel as though you were very insignificant in her world. She was quick to yell and blame but when suggestions and solutions were brought up she was never pleased. It was such a stressful work environment that became taxing on my mental health. When I was screamed at and fired in a voicemail (I was past probation), I stopped returning. HR called and told me I was not showing up for my position. They forced me into quitting over the phone after I was fired via VM a week and some prior to this phone call. I would never recommend anyone to work there while the on-site manager is still the same.

Stay away Family Owners all about money not care

The company is family owned and they do not like to share the wealth. They treat the staff like slaves and over work and then threaten them when they will not do double shifts. Tell them to lie to Licensing. Never listen to staff very high manager turn over. All I can say is if you are a yes man with no morals, this is the company for you. No morals and gimmi gimmi the money attitude.

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

See above

Listen to the people warning you...

This is not a good place to work. Avoid at all costs, even if you need a paycheque. You will be run down, threatened with firing and you'll work for ZERO extra pay during the pandemic. This company is a scam that prey's on the elderly.

Pros

Cons

Soul crushing

GLM is a joke

Management does not manage, hard work is not rewarded, not paid enough for the work load, sucking up to the right people means you can act/do as you please, no one actually makes sure that residents’ care is done and not just charted for.

Good Working Experience

Worked there for 5 years. Clean working space made it easy and less of a danger to do your job. Sometimes was difficult but overal enjoyed the experience.

The worst place ever to work in

Management don’t care about the wellbeing of the workers or the seniors occupying the building. Lies and deception is the preferred policy when management is confronted with serious problems

Great management

Some employees cross the line of being rude to other employee management does not see this. Training is great, management supportive when they are there.

Toxic from Corporate office to the front line

Almighty dollar rules all where staff don’t matter and management is an umbrella for the out to lunch ideas of Corporate office. Supposedly a ‘just culture’ where most are unwilling to hear both sides while instead passing judgment and contributing to the high levels of toxicity at most sites. The pay is not great for all you’re expected to do. The residents are amazing and some staff are really passionate about what they do...just don’t cross them cause they will tear you apart.

Pros

The residents who live in these places

Cons

The toxicity, preach a ‘just culture’ but lack follow through, Corporate Office is its own entity and believes rumours as gospel!

Enjoying the work

I like working with the staff. They are very friendly and helpful in order to finish the work. The Management also is very nice and approachable. Anytime if you need to ask something, she will give you the answer or information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Life Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement