Golden Life Management

Golden Life Management Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Good Working Experience
Worked there for 5 years. Clean working space made it easy and less of a danger to do your job. Sometimes was difficult but overal enjoyed the experience.
GLM is a joke
Management does not manage, hard work is not rewarded, not paid enough for the work load, sucking up to the right people means you can act/do as you please, no one actually makes sure that residents’ care is done and not just charted for.
Supportive and Positive Work Environment
Golden Life Management is one of the best companies I have worked for! I started off as a practicum student and since I have been able to grow with the company. GLM provides lots of opportunities to staff to grow and advance in their careers. This is a company that cares very much about the residents and expects you to care for the residents as if they were your grandma or grandpa which makes it a fun family-like environment place to work! Everyone in the workplace is supportive and wants to help you wherever they can. It is crucial to enjoy going to work everyday and here at GLM it is a place that I look forward to coming to everyday!
The worst place ever to work in
Management don’t care about the wellbeing of the workers or the seniors occupying the building. Lies and deception is the preferred policy when management is confronted with serious problems
Great management
Some employees cross the line of being rude to other employee management does not see this. Training is great, management supportive when they are there.
Toxic from Corporate office to the front line
Almighty dollar rules all where staff don’t matter and management is an umbrella for the out to lunch ideas of Corporate office. Supposedly a ‘just culture’ where most are unwilling to hear both sides while instead passing judgment and contributing to the high levels of toxicity at most sites.

The pay is not great for all you’re expected to do.

The residents are amazing and some staff are really passionate about what they do...just don’t cross them cause they will tear you apart.
Pros
The residents who live in these places
Cons
The toxicity, preach a ‘just culture’ but lack follow through, Corporate Office is its own entity and believes rumours as gospel!
Enjoying the work
I like working with the staff. They are very friendly and helpful in order to finish the work. The Management also is very nice and approachable. Anytime if you need to ask something, she will give you the answer or information.
Working here has been one of the best decisions I have made.
I love working with Golden Life. I started here over 10 years ago and they have been the best employer I have ever worked with. When I first started all I had was my high school diploma and since I have achieved my honors and masters degrees while working. They supported me in pursuing both by being flexible with time when needed. I know several coworkers who have also attained further education while working and they have had similar experiences.

Working with management I know they truly care, most of my coworkers have had family live in one of the Villages and personally my great grandfather lived at one of the sites and I can say that he received nothing but the best treatment by staff and management.
Supportive work environment
A wonderful company to work for, management is supportive to staff growth and training. The residents bring light and life to the building making each day more memorable
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
critcal shortage in provincial health care workers
Company more worried about making money than caring for residents.
I loved working with the residents and most of the staff at JCV. However, I finally had to leave because my health was detiriorating due to the stress I suffered In watching how the company treated the residents. It was made very clear that saving money was most important and that what the residents wanted was not. We were not allowed to get them what they wanted if it varried from what was offered. The residents pay enough to live there that they should be allowed a salad every night if that’s what they’d like, or mashed potatoes with their fish instead of rice if they want them and they are already made anyway. I’m getting upset just writing about it.
I do not recommend
Please don't expose yourself to the abuse of working in a place like this. My fellow employees and I would work sixteen hours shifts with no chance of a break because there was no one to cover us. The GLM is greedy beyond comprehension and wants to pocket pay that could be going out to other employees.
Cons
Please see all I have mentioned previously. This is not a place to work.
Was able to meet my needs. They were flexible and worked with my schedule. I would work for them again if the opportunity ever presented itself. A good place to work.
I enjoyed working with the people, conditions werent always great, but always get your paycheck
I was a great experience, I did it for many yrs, you have to be motivated organized and plan ahead, some of the lodging is great and some places not so great.on the norm the people you worked with were great, but if you don't like being away from your family for extent ed periods of time it wouldn't be for you.
Pros
Free lodging and meals, the pay was good
Cons
Not easy work and away from home all the time
Used to be a great place to work at
With a lot of issues that hasn't been solved properly, i lost all faith to our managers and bosses. I can only say that the reason why i still come to work is because of my coworkers and the residents themselves.
Previous management poor
My experience here was very poor. I felt that management did not respect me as an employee. The team that I worked with was very poor. I was approached in front of clients to discuss a rumour, which I felt was a very poor management practice. The overall morale of the staff was very poor. Management has changed since I was there and I would hope that they have improved. Client care is always the best part of this job no matter what. This would not change regardless of the management.
Pros
Management changed
invermere village great place to work
i have had the pleasure of working both sides of the village cgv and ivy house. management's great and welcoming, never had a problem with them because i go in and do the job at hand. the residents welcome you with open arms as well. lots of learning opportunities / courses to attend.

the only con - is in ivy house, all filipino workers speak there language while on the job to each other and will remind you they run the show. so unless your fluent in that language you may feel left out.

other than that a GREAT PLACE TO WORK !!!
Pros
great management, relaxed work place and further learning opportunities
Cons
language barriers ( as stated below )
Bad place to work
managment does NOT Care about staff or residents. Management C.C.D, D.O.C, union supervisors do nothing but threaten their core group of employees with immediate dismissal if you call in sick, do a taste test to convince your residents they can eat what they don't recognize. Constant intimidation and bullying by management. No support for rca's housekeepers, kitchen staff. Constantly expected to work understaffed. Constantly expected to pick up for the fact that no one wants to work upstairs because of the bully and harasser of the "LPN in charge" no one wants to work with her. Why can't they see that is why no one is bidding on lines up there. They can't understand why they can't keep staff. It's because of all the constant threats and bullying by the management. Most of the staff are sick because of the stress we feel at work. No safety for staff with violent residents. Biggest joke is in copy room there is a wcb poster that states "you don't have to deal with violence at work" oh yes we do. Everyday. We are getting punched, kicked, bit, scratched hair pulled. Management doesn't care all they want is their money. They know those of us that work there have no other choice or we would be gone. What's wrong with supporting and encouraging your staff?
Pros
non
Cons
to many to mention
Golden Rule
Enjoy every day of work. Love the residents and independent clients; like the people I work alongside; have respect for the supervision and management.

Fortunate to have working experience at more than one village, and found both to be valuable. Would recommend workplace to any and all.

A bit of blaming for situations that are within our control to resolve with creative input. Some expectation that others(team mates, management, ect) will solve problems or situations for us.

Best of all, the freedom to work "outside the box" , and forward thinking and planning for the health industry.

Cons: the union. Not in favor. Seniority trumps good workers. The Union promotes ease and comfort: kind of like a long marriage, once you have it, you let it slide and don't work hard at it any longer.

Pros: Education experiences. All employees are encouraged to complete education modules and in-services and workshops provided by Golden Life Management, not just the nursing staff. We all work for the people we serve, and our company recognizes this, which is why we all receive education opportunities.

I feel safe to provide feedback for this employer, whereas with other health employers, I do not feel safe to provide input and feedback. I believe my feedback would be viewed and heard, not penalized.
Pros
Golden Rule: we are there for the clients, the residents, and their families
Cons
Team work and the Union
Wonderful place to work but not enough staff
My shifts a work were very busy. All the staff at Golden Life are hard working. There was 54 residents that need 24 hour care. The reason I had started my career in this field was to help out people that need it. It is a very rewarding job. The hardest part of my job was when a resident was dying. It is very hard on the families and the staff.
Pros
Great staff and wonderful clients
Cons
Long Hours, Short staffing
Productive and fun workplace with great staffs.
Golden Life Management is like a home. You could see nice people everyday. It doesn't feel like you are at work. Everybody is working and having fun at the same time. Feels like you don't have a boss and your co-workers are all your friends. There is no hard part on the job because you are enjoying the job and the work place. Time is just flying. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my manager is cracking jokes that everybody couldn't stop laughing.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Short hours.