Golden Life Management

Golden Life Management Employee Reviews

I am really glad that I got the opportunity to be a part of this organization... The management team , specifically The HR team , very understanding and they did a great job throughout hiring and as follows....Comfortable and everything was best...staff, clients and the whole team..
The manager at this place is selfish, a bully and does not care about anyone but herself, Treats everyone, staff and residents like they are dumb and have no purpose in life. You spend your average work day working hard Because they are short staffed while she sits in her office All day long pretending to look busy. Read the other reviews on this company before you pursue. I remember one day I had so much to do in a shift I barely got done, then the next day she pulled me into her office and gave me tore a strip off me because I missed something and threatened me with a letter of expectation, what a joke. Like it’s my fault no one wants to work here and who ever foolishly does have to pick up the slack
Pros
The residents
Cons
The community manager
All about what things look like. But unsafe for clients and staff. Unkind unsafe undeserving of government fundingStay away from this group and make your oppinions known to government so funding is questioned.
I had the pleasure of meeting and working with some very hard working people, management wasn't. On-Site manager was over your shoulder with no filter. She made you feel as though you were very insignificant in her world. She was quick to yell and blame but when suggestions and solutions were brought up she was never pleased. It was such a stressful work environment that became taxing on my mental health. When I was screamed at and fired in a voicemail (I was past probation), I stopped returning. HR called and told me I was not showing up for my position. They forced me into quitting over the phone after I was fired via VM a week and some prior to this phone call. I would never recommend anyone to work there while the on-site manager is still the same.
The company is family owned and they do not like to share the wealth. They treat the staff like slaves and over work and then threaten them when they will not do double shifts. Tell them to lie to Licensing. Never listen to staff very high manager turn over. All I can say is if you are a yes man with no morals, this is the company for you. No morals and gimmi gimmi the money attitude.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
See above
This is not a good place to work. Avoid at all costs, even if you need a paycheque. You will be run down, threatened with firing and you'll work for ZERO extra pay during the pandemic. This company is a scam that prey's on the elderly.
Pros
Cons
Soul crushing
Golden life is my first place to work since i moved to Canada in the year 2017 It's a nice place to work,and job security is guaranteed.The management provide hospitality services,everyone is supportive and ready to assit you.
Management does not manage, hard work is not rewarded, not paid enough for the work load, sucking up to the right people means you can act/do as you please, no one actually makes sure that residents’ care is done and not just charted for.
Worked there for 5 years. Clean working space made it easy and less of a danger to do your job. Sometimes was difficult but overal enjoyed the experience.
Management don’t care about the wellbeing of the workers or the seniors occupying the building. Lies and deception is the preferred policy when management is confronted with serious problems
Some employees cross the line of being rude to other employee management does not see this. Training is great, management supportive when they are there.
Almighty dollar rules all where staff don’t matter and management is an umbrella for the out to lunch ideas of Corporate office. Supposedly a ‘just culture’ where most are unwilling to hear both sides while instead passing judgment and contributing to the high levels of toxicity at most sites. The pay is not great for all you’re expected to do. The residents are amazing and some staff are really passionate about what they do...just don’t cross them cause they will tear you apart.
Pros
The residents who live in these places
Cons
The toxicity, preach a ‘just culture’ but lack follow through, Corporate Office is its own entity and believes rumours as gospel!
I like working with the staff. They are very friendly and helpful in order to finish the work. The Management also is very nice and approachable. Anytime if you need to ask something, she will give you the answer or information.
I love working with Golden Life. I started here over 10 years ago and they have been the best employer I have ever worked with. When I first started all I had was my high school diploma and since I have achieved my honors and masters degrees while working. They supported me in pursuing both by being flexible with time when needed. I know several coworkers who have also attained further education while working and they have had similar experiences. Working with management I know they truly care, most of my coworkers have had family live in one of the Villages and personally my great grandfather lived at one of the sites and I can say that he received nothing but the best treatment by staff and management.
A wonderful company to work for, management is supportive to staff growth and training. The residents bring light and life to the building making each day more memorable
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
critcal shortage in provincial health care workers
I loved working with the residents and most of the staff at JCV. However, I finally had to leave because my health was detiriorating due to the stress I suffered In watching how the company treated the residents. It was made very clear that saving money was most important and that what the residents wanted was not. We were not allowed to get them what they wanted if it varried from what was offered. The residents pay enough to live there that they should be allowed a salad every night if that’s what they’d like, or mashed potatoes with their fish instead of rice if they want them and they are already made anyway. I’m getting upset just writing about it.
Please don't expose yourself to the abuse of working in a place like this. My fellow employees and I would work sixteen hours shifts with no chance of a break because there was no one to cover us. The GLM is greedy beyond comprehension and wants to pocket pay that could be going out to other employees.
Cons
Please see all I have mentioned previously. This is not a place to work.
Was able to meet my needs. They were flexible and worked with my schedule. I would work for them again if the opportunity ever presented itself. A good place to work.
I was a great experience, I did it for many yrs, you have to be motivated organized and plan ahead, some of the lodging is great and some places not so great.on the norm the people you worked with were great, but if you don't like being away from your family for extent ed periods of time it wouldn't be for you.
Pros
Free lodging and meals, the pay was good
Cons
Not easy work and away from home all the time
With a lot of issues that hasn't been solved properly, i lost all faith to our managers and bosses. I can only say that the reason why i still come to work is because of my coworkers and the residents themselves.
My experience here was very poor. I felt that management did not respect me as an employee. The team that I worked with was very poor. I was approached in front of clients to discuss a rumour, which I felt was a very poor management practice. The overall morale of the staff was very poor. Management has changed since I was there and I would hope that they have improved. Client care is always the best part of this job no matter what. This would not change regardless of the management.
Pros
Management changed