Golden Boy Foods

Golden Boy Foods Employee Reviews

Canada47 reviews
for the money they give yu they expect twice job from yu,lifting heavy packages they yu have a bad back pain after words,very loud invirment that can give yu headeche.
They ran out of masks during covid 19 but still expects people to work there. Poor communications I booked days of for dental surgery but no one told anyone and I was blamed. When I showed the paperwork for the booked day off they made some other excuse up about another day.
Pros
free samples on payday
Cons
nobody takes responsibility poor communication
Nice people. I am worked there through a company and they gave minimum pay for a warehouse. So that is not good. Also, work there is easy sometimes fast. You have to complete some order.
No Comments i had a great experience working four months with them.
but the work there was a bit stressful. and i am looking for a new job now. Thank you
It is not a bad place to work if you don't need good benefits. Dental and health are the worst I have ever seen and the RPP/RSP match is only 1% which is horrendous. The wages for most employees are also very low for the industry. However, the people are great and the culture is improving.
Start from the head. Most employees both management and floor are handing out their resignation due to huge disappointment in management. Only those who s uck deep survive
i feel forced to write this review its as if consent doesnt matter anymore I'm DISGUSTED. but the factory was chill not amazing but not horrible either.
GBF is good company they treat the employee fairly ,there is no discrimination what ever color or nationality you are they provide training like food and employee safety they care about the employee ...i love Golden Boy Foods...
I only liked best pross company , because Union company and has benefit and good pay and very organize no discrimanation I man no rasim every body equal
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Golden Boy Foods?
People unwilling to accept and help new hires. Management unwilling to try and fix the problems at hand. Way to long hours, horrible pay for the job. Quite honestly nothing goo to say about this location (Burnaby) They are the bottom of the barrel in the Post Holdings group of companies and it shows. There is no respect given to anyone who disagrees with them. Employees sabotage new hires by tampering with orders and abusing them mentally and talking behind your back. Run, don't walk away
Pros
Leaving at the end of the day
Cons
Showing up for work
The work environment is not friendly at all, there are no respect for workers.There also are no flexible schedule for workers. The golden boy's office staff have no arranges in their given work schedules to their workers.
Cons
No respect, Heavy on foot work, No fair and fixed work schedule.
it was good working for Golden Boy Foods, I have learned a lot about food industry and GMP regulations plus it was nice work environment , I managed to make many friends there.
Pros
good management, nice work environment, flexible hours
Cons
poor salary
Stressful rewarding jobs but a 50/50 place work environment.
Lots of false hope with promises forgotten or changed and dragged on till you forget about it.
very good work and team work , Everybody nice there like a friendly. Good hours and fun , Work is easy and good . Time is running very fast there because work is good .
Pros
Bouns, and gift for chrismats, and chrismats party
Cons
80 hours for tow weeks and some time more then 80
overall good company and good place to work and environment even in typical day at work not so hard to work it and good management very good communication with the staff
Pros
good staff
Cons
Very friendly people at workplace. Love to work with floor employees. However Management has to make some healthy changes to make the place more productive.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Management has to make some changes in order to make the place more healthy workplace
This is a boring place to work because you just do only one thing the whole time everyday. There are lots of people to who we can't communicate properly so that's make it more boring and the smell of dry fruits makes you sick.
Work in night shift /dayshift

We learn to be very fast and manage our duty under pressure

The plant manager was excellent in managing the show and was quite helpful in every way

Middle management need to learn what is Time Management and Team work.
Cons
Machine is too old. Maintenance don't know what are they doing. Stressfull company.
Currently, I work in evening shift on Monday to Friday
working in Golden boy is good starting to improve.

We learn to be very fast and manage our duty under pressure
I worked there for a short while when I was new to the country so it would not be right for me to judge the company. But I will say this, if you work hard it will not go unrecognized.
Its an ideal place to work for. Where you interact with knowledgeable people and learn a lot everyday. Everyone has positive attitude. Staff in helpful.