Golden Arrow School Buses Ltd Employee Reviews

Over all Golden Arrow is an awful company to work for!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB9 October 2018
The managers at this company are awful! If you have a concern, you’d be very lucky to even get a response. The training is a joke, most of their drivers are terrifying. It makes me sick to think people send their children on these buses not knowing. Pay attention to their driving if you get the chance, it’s mind blowing! The moral of this company is reflective in the poor management. The management and drivers have no respect or compassion for one another. The buses are always broken down, good luck getting it fixed if your bus is still running. Both the company’s dispatch and the school division dispatch are some of the rudest people I have ever met. You are treated as a low level employee & have no support. The pay seems ok until you realize how much time you spend working for free dealing with bus issue, behavioural management of the kids, paper work & cleaning the bus etc. There are many other contractors in the area to choose from, don’t choose the bottom of the barrel!!
Pros
Can bring young children with you
Cons
Lots of unpaid work, kids behaviours, awful company & school division
What a nightmare
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2018
Ĺiterally the worst job I ever had, working for the most terrible company. I would express why I have this low opinion of red arrow but I feel I have already wasted enough valuable time that I cannot get back with this disappointing company.
Pros
Cons
You name it
I Do Not Recommend
Former bus driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB16 July 2017
Buses are always breaking down, you sit for hours waiting for it to be fixed and you dont get paid for it. Pay is $84/day and no change in rate of pay for the last four years. Many of their drivers do not follow rules, they are on the cell phone while driving. When reported, nothing is done about it because they are so desperate for drivers. Dispatch is sad and the girls really dont know what they are doing. No respect to drivers that deserve it. If I could give it 0 stars I would. I will seek employment elsewhere.
It was a good exprience working with the company because of the exprience gain as a heavy duty machanic.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
My preview about the company was working with colleague from diverse culture and with different experiences in skills.

The hardest part of the job was from being auto mechanic to heavy duty mechanic.

With management, I found it not fair because they did not register me under the apprenticeship board. I enjoy working as a heavy duty mechanic.
The most enjoyable and caring company.
Dispatch/Charter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta23 February 2015
A typical day ranged from 8 to 12 hours and although these were long days my enjoyment of working for this company made it "worth while". I was proud to be a part of the Golden Arrow family. The management and co-workers were the most professional and caring people. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was stress from an extremely busy position but it was manageable. This enabled me to learn coping skills in a busy environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with our customers and drivers as I had an excellent rapport with all those involved to maintain the company's professional values and reputation. I enjoyed both the office atmosphere as well as the interaction with the customers (parents, school boards and charter customers).
Pros
Simply having the opportunity to work for an excellent company.
Cons
There were no cons working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Arrow School Buses Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7