Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Found 55 reviews matching the search See all 2,130 reviews
garbage management.
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
as a trainer you expect a level of commitment from your ownership team or atleast from the department manager. i was robbed of countless hours that were lost and "unprovable hours"
Cons
dustin oxenbury
Few employees are nice but terrible managment
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 September 2018
Most the workers here are friendly, managment doesnt know how to run the place, very disorganized and will fire you just before probation ends, very unprofessional and managment lets personal issues effect how he treats the employees
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Managment and everything else
Exceptional Workplace
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC17 July 2018
I enjoyed everyday that I worked at Gold's Gym. It was a fun atmosphere focused on helping others and improving oneself. I learned how to be an instructor, manager, and how to do sales.
Pros
Workplace culture
Abusive Work Environment
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2018
I worked there. I enjoyed the Clients . Our boss would have regular outbursts on the floor. People got yelled at by our boss both clients and staff. i needed a job while i was in school
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
The company gave us good salary and management is good. The only things is you need to work longer hours but work is great and CEO of the company is willing to listen all the time. He is easy to talk to regarding the how we can improve the company.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
long hours to work
Fun working with the people and very flexible.
Kids Club Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 May 2018
Golds has been very flexible with everyone working here. They provide lots of opportunities to get the hours you need but also help with a busy schedule in life. I have made some amazing friends here and would recommend this to anyone.
okay place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 May 2018
Lots of great people here, although hard to get clients. Not that easy to keep in touch with management, often didnt know what was going on with new promotions or offerings
Pressure Cooker
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
Very fun place to work with. Great people and great environment. If you are lazy, this is not the job for you as you will be pressured to make some sales.
Nice working environment
New Delhi as Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  new delhi23 April 2018
Highly professional environment and got an opportunity to learn various things related to fitness industry. Management was very cooperative. Flexible working hours.
Golds Gym Summary
Front Desk Administrator & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2018
A typical day at working at Golds Gym is never a dull moment. Always meeting new members building a bond with your coworkers and always on your feet. Golds gym has given me the resources to grow within there international business and to gain the skills I need to become a successful receptionist.
Pros
Meeting new people, Learning more about the works of the business, Growing closer to Co-Workers, Managing Paperwork
Cons
nothing :)
Productive and fun working place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2018
Gold's Gym has been a fun learning experience. Managers show a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems and lend support and guidance. Everyday you excel in your customer service skills. I've learned to handle administration and find solutions for clients, which is the most enjoyable part of my job. Management is always present to help out because the company believes in working as a team.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Laundry duty
You are just a number
Country Hills Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2018
I would highly suggest looking for work somewhere else! The two franchise owed Golds Gyms in Calgary are managed poorly at best, the owners are HIGHLY toxic and disfunctional, and they will fire you as fast as they hire you, without blinking an eye. They treat their customers poorly, and their turnover rate for employees is staggering! There have been numerous incidences in the gym that call into question if their practices are legal, and the list of people with lawsuits against them is growing everyday. Despite that, I still managed to make some good friends there, that I hope to stay in contact with.
Not bad, Not great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  UBC17 December 2017
I've always love the idea of working within a fitness environment. Employees were nice but the communication between middle management and lower management was quite unorganized in my opinion. Training plans for new employees could be better.
Pros
Slow
Cons
Not able to sit, unorganized
Great Company!
Regional Director of Personal Training Sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 October 2017
Working withing Golds was a great experience management/ownership was always open to new ideas. Throughout my time i devolved high level sales skills as well as red carpet service skills
Productive focused environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC30 October 2017
Typically answering the calls, greeting members. Offering anything they may need. Cleaning machines, spills and floors. Good staff and organized managers ect.
Pros
Good hours. (9-5)
Cons
It was far for me.
I loved my time there although sometimes things change in the direction a person doesn’t always agree with.
Facilities and maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 October 2017
Great company awesome people, a day at work for me is always different. One day I could be working on a steam generator. The next designing and building shelving or supply racks. Every day was different, The hardest part of this job would be dealing with concerned members a lot of whom would be extremely angry and coming up with solutions that fit with the companies budget. People have a tendacy to go from hot to cold very quickly.
Pros
Able to have flexible hours and even come in on weekends
Cons
My hands being tied in regards to budget.
awful treatment of staff by Calgary owners
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
The plus side: you get to help people get fit, and the Gold's brand is well known. Also, free gym membership.

The down side: no benefits, the Calgary franchise owners would sometimes not pay ppl on time or the correct amount. Serval staff filed complaints with the Alberta Employment Standards. Not uncommon for owners to raise there voice at staff.
Pros
free membership, get to help people
Cons
no benefits, owners yell at staff
Money to be made
Membership Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time here while it lasted - the ownership changed and when it did so did all of the staff. The people were incredible both members and coworkers. The owners made it fun for us all the time. I learned alot while I was there and sad that my time came to an end due to owner change.
My favourite place.healthy invirment
Senior fitness trainer (Former Employee) –  Gold's gym egypt18 August 2017
Easy going people feels like home .let you know your own strenght.helpfull team makes you achive your goal.all you need and you can put your trust in them.
nice gym good place
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 July 2017
clean and healthy atmosphere
happy to of worked here
good place to work out and work
lots of people and different things to do
happy with the equipment and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.