Gold's Gym

Working at Gold's Gym: Latest Gold's Gym Reviews

Canada105 reviews

Found 105 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,064 reviews
gymmembershipmemberclientsalefreestaffflexible

It is a fun place to work at with great people.

I work in the child care department and it is a blast. You work with a large range of ages from little babies to 12 year olds. You build great relationships with your regulars and they are always so nice and excited to see you.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Typically loud and busy

Stressful work environment with bad management

Working at Gold's Gym was the most stressful and unprofessional work environment I have ever been in. People are constantly going against each other management team is lacking overall a bad work environment they genuinely don’t care about their employees…not a safe work environment

Pros

Free membership

Cons

stressful, short shifts, gossiping, bad management

Insights into Gold's Gym

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Culture is horrible.

Amazing team of people who work hard to maintain a happy environment that is toxic. Owners calling employees names and micro managing... changing protocols.. . And lack of training. They definitely do not set you up for success. No one especially this day and age should be called stupid... and people be ok with it. Good luck if you applyThe good ones never stay long.

Nightmare job. Don’t work here

If I could give it less than zero stars I would. They treat their staff and their members like garbage. Nothing gets fixed or updated. They have a ridiculously high staff turn over rate. For a reason. They are horrible.

good place to meet great people

Wonderful staff and clientele, but management can be really tough on their employees at times, very unfair and degrading. Unless you’re having severe trouble finding a job, I would not recommend it.

Painful. Micromanagement, they don't pay commissions on time

At interviews I was told ome thing, and after starting, everything changed.Was not paid commissions till 3 weeks after I quit. Too much pressure. Very high staff turnover for a reason.Stay away from Golds Calgary

They will take your commission :(

Golds Gym was a fun place to work, from a co-worker standpoint. But be aware that if you don’t meet your commission cap, they will take your commissions for the month and you’ll receive nothing for the training that you sold. You’ll also be prohibited from prospecting to new members- the fitness manager is the only one who is allowed to reach out to new members.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Unfair pay

terrible

having to treat walk ins who just want info really terribly because of the need to push sales, sales, sales. Making people feel intimidated when they just want information but having to FIRST take their picture, THEN take their drivers license - all before even answering questions because you need to pass them off to a sales person., Terrible tactics

Pros

Cons

everything

Please do not work here

Terrible place to work. High turnover, management is comprised of literal crazy people. They don’t care about client issues or anything else, only thing that matters is pushing sales that don’t fulfil promises

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

Terrible environment

Unprofessional and chaotic

Working at Gold's Gym was the most stressful and unprofessional work environment I have ever been in. People are constantly going against each other.

Pros

Free gym Membership

Cons

Bullying

One of the worst places to work at

The staff was honestly amazing. However the owners are extreme micro managers and awful people. They force individuals to sign contracts for personal training and when people want to stop, they force them to continue. If you try to help the customers, you only get reprimanded. Turnover rate extremely high. Let’s go of all staff without any reason.

Cons

working at Gold's is about helping people live healthier lives, our members are amazing, they make it easy to come to work every day. Ownership is very supportive of staff.

Pros

free membership

Cons

covid

Rewarding place to work, ownership is fair and supportive

you get to work at the most famous gym brand in the world helping people get health. Members are amazing, they make coming to work every day something to look forward to

Cons

Covid

Good Culture and lots of room for growth

I have worked here for almost 3 years, in multiple positions. Great environment to get you started in a workplace setting. Managers are accommodating and there is plenty of room for growth within the company.

Pros

free gym membership

Golds Gym British Columbia - Excellent Growth Opportunity

Since I am a part of the membership sales team, it is definitely a fast paced and fun environment. I have received incredible mentorship and coaching throughout my time with the company that has challenged me to grow within my career. I love what I do, so it doesn't really feel like work for me when I'm working in a culture of like minded individuals. A have grown my sales abilities and increased by leaderships skillset. Additionally, the franchise has a lot of plans for growth so there are great opportunities for advancement!

Pros

Working with people that are passion about fitness

Cons

I work a lot because because to choose to and enjoy it

Overall Good Experience

Worked as a CSR - super fast pace and sometimes stressful due to all the new covid policies. Overall good experience, the best part is the members and coworkers. I was able to grow at a good rate.

Pros

Membership

Cons

Covid

Overall good experience

Pros

Free membership, coworkers, members

Cons

Covid mandates from government

Productive and fast paced environment with lots of opportunity to grow

Every Day at work is different which makes it interactive and fun as it is not a stereotypical 9-5 job.The owners are very involved and interactive with our clients and staff. The work environment is highly interactive with our clients There is a high sense of community between all our staff

Pros

Complimentary Gym Membership

Cons

Fast paced and you have to think on your feet

Flexible work environment with opportunity to grow.

Gold's Gym Calgary is an amazing company. Owners really care about their team and try to go above and beyond to help them. The team is super friendly and the work-life balance is great.

Pros

Flexible

Horrible management!!

The worst management I have had working somewhere! They expect you to do so much more than you are expected only for minimum wage! You will not receive a raise or get a promotion. Favouritism is unbelievable between some staff and mangers and overall don’t care at all about their staff. All they care about is MONEY and that you seem professional by not doing anything even tho it’s not busy, you are not allowed to sit what do ever and no big jackets allowed around colder seasons!

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Poor management, not allowed to sit, no promotion, bad pay

Gossipy and favouritsm

Coworkers bad talk each other and certain employees are favored and placed in better roles based on external friendships. Super slow pace but never allowed to do anything personal to kill time or appear busy for professionalism. We are just to stand there

Pros

Access to work out in gym

Cons

No chairs, no sitting allowed all shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement