Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Found 61 reviews matching the search See all 2,253 reviews
Great job, horrible management.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 January 2019
The job itself is easy and the members of the gym are great. The gym sells itself so it is very easy to sell memberships and earn commission, however, this gym is one of the most poorly ran organizations in the whole city. There is a strong sense of favoritism and if you are not the favorite they will “fire you” (actually use constructive dismissal which is illegal, but nobody calls them out on it).
On top of all of that, the pay is brutal and they cut the amount of commission you make if you are successful. I would avoid this location at all costs.
Also, no benefits.
Pros
Good work life balance, easy job
Cons
Management, pay, environment among co-workers
Fun environment to work at
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC30 December 2018
Great, energetic team to work with and lots of creativity surrounding the marketing of a gym varying from ads, coupons, promotions, events, videos, etc.
Pros
Fun environment, lots of work
Cons
Some marketing limitations with management
Sales Manager
Sales and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2018
I started my career In sales with just handing out promotions and flyers, within 2 months quickly moved up to Sales and Fitness advisor, 2 years and almost 1000 memberships later I became Sales Manager were I continued to strive .

Focused on driving sales and customer satisfaction and overall management of the fitness gym.
Pros
Great vacation time
Cons
Long days
Fun Work Environment and life balance
Gold's Gym Front Desk/Childcare (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2018
A very motivating place to be as you grow daily and are inspired to work harder and be better by the team and gymgoers not just in the work you do but in all areas of your life.
Beware
Daycare Worker (Former Employee) –  New York23 November 2018
If you are working for a privately owned gym be aware that you have no rights to corporate anything. So if you are wrongfully fired,management is a problem or if something is going on corporate will not help you at ALL. Due to the fact that it is a franchisee location they do not have to follow the same rules are corporate owned locations.At the location I worked at the management was horrible,very unfair treatment amongst employees. The professionalism was no where to be found in this place. There was never enough staff,supplies or helpful management. I can honestly say that I would never work for another golds gym. The free membership was not worth the headache or backstabbing behavior by management.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Under staffed, no support from management, lack of supplies
garbage management.
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
as a trainer you expect a level of commitment from your ownership team or atleast from the department manager. i was robbed of countless hours that were lost and "unprovable hours"
Cons
dustin oxenbury
Fun place for the people
PERSONAL TRAINER/MANAGER OF PERSONAL TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 October 2018
Good place to work. Management can be ever changing in there decisions but they do their best. Turnover is high so always opportunities for advancement. Best part is people go there to work hard
Few employees are nice but terrible managment
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 September 2018
Most the workers here are friendly, managment doesnt know how to run the place, very disorganized and will fire you just before probation ends, very unprofessional and managment lets personal issues effect how he treats the employees
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Managment and everything else
Exceptional Workplace
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC17 July 2018
I enjoyed everyday that I worked at Gold's Gym. It was a fun atmosphere focused on helping others and improving oneself. I learned how to be an instructor, manager, and how to do sales.
Pros
Workplace culture
Abusive Work Environment
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2018
I worked there. I enjoyed the Clients . Our boss would have regular outbursts on the floor. People got yelled at by our boss both clients and staff. i needed a job while i was in school
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
The company gave us good salary and management is good. The only things is you need to work longer hours but work is great and CEO of the company is willing to listen all the time. He is easy to talk to regarding the how we can improve the company.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
long hours to work
Fun working with the people and very flexible.
Kids Club Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 May 2018
Golds has been very flexible with everyone working here. They provide lots of opportunities to get the hours you need but also help with a busy schedule in life. I have made some amazing friends here and would recommend this to anyone.
okay place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 May 2018
Lots of great people here, although hard to get clients. Not that easy to keep in touch with management, often didnt know what was going on with new promotions or offerings
Pressure Cooker
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
Very fun place to work with. Great people and great environment. If you are lazy, this is not the job for you as you will be pressured to make some sales.
Nice working environment
New Delhi as Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  new delhi23 April 2018
Highly professional environment and got an opportunity to learn various things related to fitness industry. Management was very cooperative. Flexible working hours.
Golds Gym Summary
Front Desk Administrator & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2018
A typical day at working at Golds Gym is never a dull moment. Always meeting new members building a bond with your coworkers and always on your feet. Golds gym has given me the resources to grow within there international business and to gain the skills I need to become a successful receptionist.
Pros
Meeting new people, Learning more about the works of the business, Growing closer to Co-Workers, Managing Paperwork
Cons
nothing :)
Productive and fun working place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2018
Gold's Gym has been a fun learning experience. Managers show a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems and lend support and guidance. Everyday you excel in your customer service skills. I've learned to handle administration and find solutions for clients, which is the most enjoyable part of my job. Management is always present to help out because the company believes in working as a team.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Laundry duty
You are just a number
Country Hills Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2018
I would highly suggest looking for work somewhere else! The two franchise owed Golds Gyms in Calgary are managed poorly at best, the owners are HIGHLY toxic and disfunctional, and they will fire you as fast as they hire you, without blinking an eye. They treat their customers poorly, and their turnover rate for employees is staggering! There have been numerous incidences in the gym that call into question if their practices are legal, and the list of people with lawsuits against them is growing everyday. Despite that, I still managed to make some good friends there, that I hope to stay in contact with.
Not bad, Not great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  UBC17 December 2017
I've always love the idea of working within a fitness environment. Employees were nice but the communication between middle management and lower management was quite unorganized in my opinion. Training plans for new employees could be better.
Pros
Slow
Cons
Not able to sit, unorganized
Great Company!
Regional Director of Personal Training Sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 October 2017
Working withing Golds was a great experience management/ownership was always open to new ideas. Throughout my time i devolved high level sales skills as well as red carpet service skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.