Gold's Gym

Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Found 92 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,901 reviews

It is a fun place to work at with great people.

I work in the child care department and it is a blast. You work with a large range of ages from little babies to 12 year olds. You build great relationships with your regulars and they are always so nice and excited to see you.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Typically loud and busy

Please do not work here

Terrible place to work. High turnover, management is comprised of literal crazy people. They don’t care about client issues or anything else, only thing that matters is pushing sales that don’t fulfil promises

Pros

Free gym membership

Cons

Terrible environment

Unprofessional and chaotic

Working at Gold's Gym was the most stressful and unprofessional work environment I have ever been in. People are constantly going against each other.

Pros

Free gym Membership

Cons

Bullying

working at Gold's is about helping people live healthier lives, our members are amazing, they make it easy to come to work every day. Ownership is very supportive of staff.

Pros

free membership

Cons

covid

Good Culture and lots of room for growth

I have worked here for almost 3 years, in multiple positions. Great environment to get you started in a workplace setting. Managers are accommodating and there is plenty of room for growth within the company.

Pros

free gym membership

Golds Gym British Columbia - Excellent Growth Opportunity

Since I am a part of the membership sales team, it is definitely a fast paced and fun environment. I have received incredible mentorship and coaching throughout my time with the company that has challenged me to grow within my career. I love what I do, so it doesn't really feel like work for me when I'm working in a culture of like minded individuals. A have grown my sales abilities and increased by leaderships skillset. Additionally, the franchise has a lot of plans for growth so there are great opportunities for advancement!

Pros

Working with people that are passion about fitness

Cons

I work a lot because because to choose to and enjoy it

Overall good experience

Worked as a CSR - super fast pace and sometimes stressful due to all the new covid policies. Overall good experience, the best part is the members and coworkers. I was able to grow at a good rate.

Pros

Free membership, coworkers, members

Cons

Covid mandates from government

Productive and fast paced environment with lots of opportunity to grow

Every Day at work is different which makes it interactive and fun as it is not a stereotypical 9-5 job.The owners are very involved and interactive with our clients and staff. The work environment is highly interactive with our clients There is a high sense of community between all our staff

Pros

Complimentary Gym Membership

Cons

Fast paced and you have to think on your feet

Flexible work environment with opportunity to grow.

Gold's Gym Calgary is an amazing company. Owners really care about their team and try to go above and beyond to help them. The team is super friendly and the work-life balance is great.

Pros

Flexible

Horrible management!!

The worst management I have had working somewhere! They expect you to do so much more than you are expected only for minimum wage! You will not receive a raise or get a promotion. Favouritism is unbelievable between some staff and mangers and overall don’t care at all about their staff. All they care about is MONEY and that you seem professional by not doing anything even tho it’s not busy, you are not allowed to sit what do ever and no big jackets allowed around colder seasons!

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Poor management, not allowed to sit, no promotion, bad pay

Jobs at Gold's Gym

See more jobs

Gossipy and favouritsm

Coworkers bad talk each other and certain employees are favored and placed in better roles based on external friendships. Super slow pace but never allowed to do anything personal to kill time or appear busy for professionalism. We are just to stand there

Pros

Access to work out in gym

Cons

No chairs, no sitting allowed all shift

Great Concept, but...

I loved my job at Gold's. Like REALLY Loved it. Greeting clients every day. Helping people reach their fitness goals... almost every aspect of my day to day job was amazing. But... The job culture and interpersonal relationships with staff was a nightmare. Other department heads treated my department with little or no respect of any kind, while constantly behaving in ways that caused clients to quit attending the gym and cancel accounts. Client complaints were endless, and always focused on the training managers.

Pros

Free Gym Membership, Great Clients, Fun atmosphere

Cons

gossip, egos, poor management

Very competitive and not very motivating.

The owners want you to work A LOT without being compensated for many things (prospecting, cleaning, etc). No further development for the trainers (no training workshops or anything offered by the gym to expand the knowledge of trainers). The company is only focused on making money and changed the contracts of trainers to make the commissions from sales even smaller. Trainers and other staff keep quitting within 1 month from start.

Pros

Free Membership

Cons

Lots of expectations, not enough compensation, no workshops, no motivation, no team-spirit.

Lousy management

Worked there last year. Micromanaging by the sales manager and owner. Prejudiced people and the worst of all, dishonest. If you want to hear threats of being fired literally everyday but with a fake smile, this is the place.

Most enjoyable part of the job

I loved meeting new clients and seriously giving them the advice they needed to change their lives, either to lose some weight or maybe even to gain a few pounds. Helping the ones that had medical needs and seeing how accomplished they felt after seeing results. When it comes to management that's an entirely different scenario, to keep this short let's just say this...... Never in my life have I experienced the level of immaturity I did while working there from both Trainers and management.

Terrible! Do not work here

Terrible place to work. Chaotic environment. No one know what they are doing. Unrealistic expectations. No training. Owners are very shady. Daily complaints from customers from being over charged and constant account problems because of shady sales reps. Owners only care about money they are very cheap and will short you on pay as much as possible bonuses are promised but never paid

Worst company ever

I was a GM for 2 years, and al they did was dangle a carrot in front of me for a promotion. They overworked me with making me commit for 55 hours a week, but only put 40 hours on my ROE. liars.

N/a

Was a harsh environment. Management was not very friendly or understanding. Lots of changes daily, lots of confusion between staff members. Inconsistencies day in and day out.

Bad workplace

I worked at Gold's Gym for over a year, the entire time I felt constantly ignored by management. Management was very cloudy on decisions and was terrible at communication. If you are not a favourite of one of the managers then you are pretty much invisible. The gym itself is dirty and often broken down and the managers continue to push away complaints from staff and members. Members are great people and will always chat with you! Overall, Gold's Gym Lethbridge is a very toxic environment and you will probably never feel as if your job is safe.

Don’t do it

Worse place ever to work. Just don’t do it. The management aside from the gm is horrid. I don’t want to waste time even thinking Bout this company any longer

Thankful for other staff

Just don’t join in. I’m thankful I got out when I could. Made great friends while I was here but left due to poor ownership. Always jam packed full of jobs and requests with not enough staff or time to get hpjobs done. Impossible to move up in the business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement