Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2018
Gold's Gym has been a fun learning experience. Managers show a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems and lend support and guidance. Everyday you excel in your customer service skills. I've learned to handle administration and find solutions for clients, which is the most enjoyable part of my job. Management is always present to help out because the company believes in working as a team.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Laundry duty
You are just a number
Country Hills Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2018
I would highly suggest looking for work somewhere else! The two franchise owed Golds Gyms in Calgary are managed poorly at best, the owners are HIGHLY toxic and disfunctional, and they will fire you as fast as they hire you, without blinking an eye. They treat their customers poorly, and their turnover rate for employees is staggering! There have been numerous incidences in the gym that call into question if their practices are legal, and the list of people with lawsuits against them is growing everyday. Despite that, I still managed to make some good friends there, that I hope to stay in contact with.
Not bad, Not great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  UBC17 December 2017
I've always love the idea of working within a fitness environment. Employees were nice but the communication between middle management and lower management was quite unorganized in my opinion. Training plans for new employees could be better.
Pros
Slow
Cons
Not able to sit, unorganized
Great Company!
Regional Director of Personal Training Sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 October 2017
Working withing Golds was a great experience management/ownership was always open to new ideas. Throughout my time i devolved high level sales skills as well as red carpet service skills
Productive focused environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC30 October 2017
Typically answering the calls, greeting members. Offering anything they may need. Cleaning machines, spills and floors. Good staff and organized managers ect.
Pros
Good hours. (9-5)
Cons
It was far for me.
I loved my time there although sometimes things change in the direction a person doesn’t always agree with.
Facilities and maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 October 2017
Great company awesome people, a day at work for me is always different. One day I could be working on a steam generator. The next designing and building shelving or supply racks. Every day was different, The hardest part of this job would be dealing with concerned members a lot of whom would be extremely angry and coming up with solutions that fit with the companies budget. People have a tendacy to go from hot to cold very quickly.
Pros
Able to have flexible hours and even come in on weekends
Cons
My hands being tied in regards to budget.
awful treatment of staff by Calgary owners
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
The plus side: you get to help people get fit, and the Gold's brand is well known. Also, free gym membership.

The down side: no benefits, the Calgary franchise owners would sometimes not pay ppl on time or the correct amount. Serval staff filed complaints with the Alberta Employment Standards. Not uncommon for owners to raise there voice at staff.
Pros
free membership, get to help people
Cons
no benefits, owners yell at staff
Money to be made
Membership Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time here while it lasted - the ownership changed and when it did so did all of the staff. The people were incredible both members and coworkers. The owners made it fun for us all the time. I learned alot while I was there and sad that my time came to an end due to owner change.
My favourite place.healthy invirment
Senior fitness trainer (Former Employee) –  Gold's gym egypt18 August 2017
Easy going people feels like home .let you know your own strenght.helpfull team makes you achive your goal.all you need and you can put your trust in them.
nice gym good place
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 July 2017
clean and healthy atmosphere
happy to of worked here
good place to work out and work
lots of people and different things to do
happy with the equipment and staff
Fun place to work and workout!
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 July 2017
A typical day is greeting everyone coming and going within a few seconds for seeing them...Answer phones, clean bathrooms, clean up weights at the end of the shift, fold towels as well as retrieve them from towel bins, cash out when closing, clean front desk, keep hand sanitizer and towel dispensers filled, clean bathroom sinks, and lock up at the end of the shift if closing.
Pros
free membership, my type of environment
Terrible Place To Work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 June 2017
Working at Golds Gym was an absolute joke. The management was terrible, job security was terrible, and so much more. If they don't like you they just faze you out and you are never seen or heard from again. Members will come up and complain numerous times about something being broken and it never getting fixed. At work you are belittled as well and if you don't do something even outside of the job in your everyday life you get treated terrible. Honestly if you are looking for a secure job where you are treated with respect you deserve, look somewhere else. Don't let the false promises get to your head.
Pros
Free memberships
Not much to say
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2017
When I was working at golds the management there wasn't the greatest and up keep along with cleanliness on the facility was abandoned, they also didn't follow employment regulations and safety.
Fun place to work, great clients
Sales & Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 April 2017
I usually was in my office calling potential clients to join the gym, and to call about gym membership increases. Worked the front counter and made blender drinks and took payments for products sold and took payments for exercise class drop ins. Cleaned the counter area and counted the cash. Set alarm and locked up at the end of the night.
Pros
I had free access to the gym on time off
Great Atmosphere
Childcare Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 February 2017
You work with a great bunch of people. You get to experience a wide variety of personalities, and everyone that comes to the gym to work out, you get to know them pretty darn fast! Its a great atmosphere to be in.
Sale Memberships
Membership Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
The worst place i have ever Worked. The management don't care for their workers. there expectation are so high that no one can reach it. they will yell at you and not care.
Pros
nonw
Cons
everything
Environnement de travail productif et très agréable
Superviseur de réception (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 January 2017
Mon expérience de travail au Gold's Gym:

En quelques mots je peut vous dire que j'ai adorer mon temps au Gold's Gym. J'ai pu apprendre à gérer une équipe tout en forgeant des amitiés. La relation entre les gérants et travailleur fessait en sorte que nous avions un bel dynamisme de travail et ensemble comme une équipe atteindre les buts demandés.
Fast Paced Environment and very friendly
Child Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 January 2017
Gold's Gym is a great place to work, I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great positive atmosphere. If you have any questions about your job or need help with anything at all, you can ask pretty much any of the staff. Everyone is extremely helpful and excited to work everyday.
Golds
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2016
I was bullied and harassed at this job by my manager. I then reported it to the owner, and I was replaced and fired. This is an ongoing case with health & safety.
Pros
Use of gym
Cons
Maintanence manager
fun place to work when your young
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2016
nice place to work when your in high school like part time job. i learned to be more responsible and be independent especially working young. you make new friends and nice management.
Pros
free food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.