GoFor

GoFor Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews

companyworkingpeopletimegreatworkteamrecommend

Fast paced

Definitely an experience . With all experiences in life we take the good and learn from the bad. Onto bigger, better, and new opportunities. Wish you all the best of luck.

Do not recommend

Too many issues. Low pay, no volume. Dispatchers are all picky and only gives orders to their favorite fleet. All management will noy reply to any issues unless they have a express order..

Insights into GoFor

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Growing and ambitious start up w/ great people who work under toxic leadership

The good=====- Fast paced, energetic and ambitious start up- Company leadership has big ideas takes bold moves market wise- Opportunity make an impact grow personally- Create opportunities for others and help them grow- Great team mates and people to collaborate with - Hardworking staff and drivers who are doing their best with the resources they haveThe bad=====- Company slow to match its claims and product ambitions - Top down organization that seeks 'yes men/woman' type employees - New exec team are thin skinned, and often confuse constructive criticism for disloyalty- Office politics certainly exist beware of leadership who control relationships or communication channels for their own benefit- Execs promote plenty of mental health and inclusive buzzwords but are tone deaf to concerns employees may face - Company routinely sole sources vendors and platforms with close personal or financial ties to themselves, teams are forced to use them

Was very good for the first few years then it start falling apart

You can never get a hold of anyone it sometimes takes two to four hours for them to get back to you when you are trying to he got an issue resolved from a location or customers house and you're waiting to do another call just in the last few weeks was so frustrating and stressful and other companies like uber would never take that long to answer the drivers I voiced my concerns and no one has ever contacted me or even dealt with the issues and concerns and don't have proper management for the provinces and cities one of the worst customer services I've dealt with in a very long time

30 May 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you've had issues getting in touch with us at gofor. We have recently added more team members and a new direct phone number to contact dispatch for drivers, which has helped and lowered wait times. We appreciate you voicing your concern and hate hearing that no one has contacted you. If you'd like, please email us at support@deliverbetter.com with this review and details and we'd be happy to discuss the situation further. Once again, we appreciate your revew and will use your feedback to make gofor better in the future.

Okay company to work at

If you get into a busy market you’ll make great money but currently I’m working in Guelph Waterloo and have absolutely no time to myself but I’m making great money just don’t have any personal time with my kids or just to relax dispatchers typically don’t care about you but your dispatch managers are a little more understandable

22 April 2022
Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you're busy in your market and making great money with us. We love to hear feedback from our drivers!

Great people, fair work. reasonable expectationsA bit of a disconnect with dispatchers and the M.O.C. but otherwise no issues.I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys self-managing and their own company

22 April 2022
Thank you for the feedback. We definitely hear you and are always working to improve our processes at GoFor. We're glad you're having a great driving experience with us.

They use you for your vehicle

not worth it. the wear and tear on your PERSONAL vehicle is all your cost, you might as well be working at Mc donalds for $14/ hr and saving your vehicles life. so much wreckage on your personal vehicle, thats why they have you drive your own and not the companies. $200 a day, what a joke. minimum $300 and a disscount on parts that break (40% discount)

Pros

Cons

to many

26 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All of our drivers are independent contractors, so they do have to provide their own vehicles. This allows them to run their own delivery business and partner with GoFor Delivers. We appreciate your feedback!

Good place to work, lots of places to deliver for

I worked for gofor for nearly 6 months, and in that time they were launching and tweaking a new system and app for their service. In light of the app having numerous glitches, they took my opinions for further development of the app, into strong consideration and valued my input. I hope the final product reflects my ideas. Communication was always good too. Who i delivered for had no volume for the gofor drivers after Christmas and I had no work. So, make sure your volume will be consistent.

12 October 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We truly do value input that will help us improve when we can! We have certainly developed our app even further thanks to people like you.

Awsome good attitude

Awsome company no issues at all. They are very friendly and very helpful in the same time. I personally have no issues with gofor. I rather recommend people to come and join the company.

16 June 2021
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is true that our drivers are no doubt some of the hardest working men and women out there that are helping GoFor remain the industry leader in last-mile logistics. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

Very dismal atmosphere

Terrible company ( especially the shop in Ottawa ) to work for. They lie, cheat sndvsteal from you. They play favoritism with drivers instead of doing the moral thing and giving deliveries thr fair way.This is hands down the worst company you will ever be employed with. You would literally be better off delivering pizza, dont say I did not warn you in advance!

Pros

Cons

Liars, cheats deceivers

Inconsistent work environment

A typical day at work is usually unpredictable. You go to work uncertain about the functionality of the app, not knowing where you will be delivering packages and while delivering, the app is extremely unreliable. Sometimes you do not even know who to contact for solutions and every day you would request for the MOC to communicate with the dispatcher to help you build queue. The most difficult part of the job is when you have to scan all the packages and number them in sequence. It takes so much time.There is literally no enjoyable part of the job other than the personal desire to work.

Pros

Work without supervision

Cons

Our clients are usually giving the first place.

Great work Environment with huge Potential for Growth!

Working at GoFor for near 2 months has been a great experience so far with an open culture to share ideas and grow as a team. The work is fast paced as this tech startup aims to become one of the leading brands in the logistics space. I am pleased to work here and enjoy my time and the people I work with! I would most deffinitely recommend working at GoFor for anyone who is interested in advancing their career and joining a thriving, exciting & growing company!

Pros

Opportunities & Growth

not fun

I was very excited to work with gofor at first.. they say you can make a lot of $$ But as a gofor subcontractor you take all the risk..your vehicle your insurance your liability, they expect you to sigh on to your app at 7 am to 5 pm from Monday to Saturday yes 6 day a week.the contract you sigh with them states that you a available to them by your choice..but if you don't sigh on first thing in the morning you can expect a phone call..and that can chance if you are not they choice one..yes they will pick and choice who they give more orders to..some days you can make good money other days you barely cover your cost and other day you can lose money..and being in business i know there's ups and down's..but when you hear from some of the company's that you are doing delivers for and they tell what gofor is making on every delivers is seams to be a bit one-sided for them..and yes i know a business has to make money to say in it..but when you go to them and say hey i really like what i am doing..but and the end off the week i am barely making minimum wage with all the expenses..so they say they will look into what they can do to make up for it..and they did say i was a very valuable subcontractor to them..and then the next Monday cones by and you get know orders..but you get a call on the Saturday because the new guy doesn't turn his app..so what do i do? i answer the call and help them out and same thing the next week..and never a once did they figure out a way to keep me happy with pay or a call back from them on it!! just to add one more thing i was diving 1 hr both way just -

30 July 2020
Firstly, thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you were very excited to perform delivery services with GoFor as we have hundreds of delivery partners across North America also happily performing daily deliveries. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. Kingston/Bellville is one of our new and rapidly developing markets and we assure you that your feedback has been heard by our executive team and we will always strive to keep improving.The workload will vary from day to day and as you explained, there is definitely great earning potential available. Thank you for logging in to our app as frequently as you have but please note, all of our valued delivery partners are independent sub-contractors and as such are free to perform other work. Being logged in as often as possible will ultimately give you maximum visibility to available opportunities within our platform.We always encourage frequent and open communication with the area logistics manager to ensure our delivery partners are busy/productive and ultimately happy performing contract delivery services with us. As our business continues to grow in the Kingston/Bellville area, there will be more consistent delivery volumes available as proven in our more established markets. We appreciate all of our hard-working delivery partners very much and they reciprocate the sentiment through the many positive reviews echoing this sentiment. We welcome you to come back with us at any time. If you would like to reach us, please call us at our office toll free at 1-855-947-0046. We would -

Work Experience

I worked briefly with the company and I found it very exciting to work in. Although I walked myself out of the company which I still regret, Gofor is a Good Company to work with.

Pros

Just respect the rules of the Company

Cons

A little bit of delays in some of the things but with little patience, you get by.

14 April 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. Very much appreciated!

Waste of time stay away

They post on adds saying you can make 1500 to 200 a weeks in cargo van. That gets you excited to sign up but they won't even give you anything and they want you to stay online the whole day. You might get lucky to get work right away then you'll notice you drove close to 300kms but made only 150 or 160 afte working 12 to 13 hours. The management have couple favorites who get more work and have to drive less.

14 April 2020
Thank you very much for your feedback. We want you to know that we hear you loud and clear and want you to know that we have made many improvements to our service.As an owner operator, the workload can vary from week to week. The great news is that we are seeing more and more demand and there is safe and rewarding delivery work available for hard working folks just like yourself.We would like to extend an open invitation to come back with us at any time. If you would like to reach us, please call us at our office toll free at 1-855-947-0046. We would be more than happy to go over workload expectations, and anything else that you would like to know.Sincerely,GoFor Team

Not a good job

If you have a family don’t work for go for get 1call wait sometimes 3hrs for next job you spend more in gas than you make in a week you only get paid for the drop of not driving 30km two pickup point

14 April 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your expectations.As referenced in another reply, we have made many service improvements and have seen a huge surge in demand since your posting. We are also working hard with our merchant partners to ensure increased efficiency/safety requirements and as many multi drop opportunities as possible for you to increase your earning potential.We would love to see you back on the roads and earning with GoFor. If you have any questions, please contact us toll free at 1-855-947-0046.Sincerely,GoFor Team

Great Side job

Easy to navigate their App, dispatch/supervisor team is great. Essentially if your available and able to take an order your sent one. It’s your responsibility to contact the customer and organize the delivery process.

14 April 2020
Thank you very much for your kind feedback! We hope you are still active with us and safely performing deliveries during this difficult time.

Fast paced environment

It takes a lot of work to make money. Not hourly only paid by the job. Will be lot of money spent on gas. Only the delivery’s that are far will make a lot of mkneh

14 April 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hear you and want you to know that a lot has changed since you reached out. With the recent climate, we have seen unprecedented demand for our services. We have already seen this surge in demand have immediate positive impact with our merchant partners and with you, our valued delivery partners. In line with providing unprecedented demand for our services, they are working with us to ensure tighter efficiencies and quicker turnaround per delivery. All this is to ensure you can get a higher and more efficient volume of deliveries/drops, and at the end of the day, more money in your pocket.We would love to see you back on the roads and earning with GoFor. If you have any questions, please contact us toll free at 1-855-947-0046.Sincerely,GoFor Team

A company that is ran by clowns. StAy away drivers.

It's like a bad joke working as a driver for this circus. Started first week got 2 orders the whole day. They don't pay for your drive to pick up location and most of the time the pick up is 30 plus km lolll. They didn't pay me the first Friday. 2nd week again 2 orders per day. And they didn't pay me in on Friday but sent me an invoice instead with 74 dollars short just an invoice. Bunch of clowns. St

17 December 2019
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience.As an owner operator, the workload will vary from week to week. We always encourage frequent and open communication with the area logistics manager to ensure our drivers are busy and ultimately happy performing contract delivery services with us. We appreciate all of our hard working drivers very much and they reciprocate the sentiment through the many positive reviews echoing this sentiment. We do pay our drivers weekly with a week in arrears in order to ensure a smooth process. If there is ever an issue, a quick call can resolve it quite easily.We are sad to see you go but welcome you to come back with us at any time. If you would like to reach us, please call us at our office toll free at 1-855-947-0046. We would be more than happy to go over workload expectations, payroll and anything else that you would like to know.Sincerely,GoFor Team

GoFor is good company to work with and my experience with the company was good except that I could not control my anger. GoFor as a company is GOOD.

I worked briefly with GoFor for about 4 months and I was impressed with the support I received from the staff. GoFor is good to work with. I enjoyed every moment of my working with the company especially when you work at your own pace.

14 April 2020
We appreciate your kind feedback and thank you for your 4 months of work! Our staff are fantastic and it is great to see their hard work getting the acknowledgement they deserve.Sincerely,GoFor Team

Driver in dismay

I thought when I first came to this company I would make more per day than I am actually making. You do 1 pick-up/delivery and you wait 2 hours sometimes for the next call. It feels like they don’t really know how to schedule the drivers properly. I think it will take them time to get it right. Problem is. I might not have the patience to wait it out. I was told one story when I joined. It’s not like that now.

14 April 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are constantly improving our services and want you to know that a lot has changed since you reached out. With the recent health climate, we have seen unprecedented demand for our services from our partners.They are working with us to ensure tighter efficiencies and quicker turnaround per delivery. All this is to ensure you can get a higher and more efficient volume of deliveries/drops, and at the end of the day, more money in your pocket.We would love to see you back on the roads and earning with GoFor. If you have any questions, please contact us toll free at 1-855-947-0046.Sincerely,GoFor Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoFor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement