goeasy Management reviews

Wonderful company that cares about their employees.
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 October 2018
Great company to work for. This company cares about their employees and the communities that they are in. Even the small cogs in the machine are made to feel important. Feedback is often asked for and appreciated. Upper management is in touch and in tune with stores and staff in the field. Great benefits to both employees and customers. Many incentives available and plenty of room for career growth. Competitive salaries and lots of bonus incentives.
Pros
Competitive pay, medical benefits with many services available (smoking cessation, help lines for many things, etc), employee discounts, fair practices.
Cons
It is a large corporation so at times there is a lot of people requiring things from you.
Hamilton NSSC Location
Customer Service Representative/Coach (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2018
The company as a whole is generous. There is often some disconnect between locations, however. I'm fortunate enough to work in the Service Center in Hamilton which affords a lot of benefits, advancement opportunities and an energetic work environment.

The pay rate is competitive (above minimum) and off-set by monthly bonuses that are earned through good performance.

The environment is so active and energized, it's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement. They offer free fruit every week, snacks daily, free tea/coffee. Decorating contests, event incentives, prizes to be won, and host company-sponsored activities.

Management is considerate and works with your needs, if you need some time off for appointments or life gets in the way. They also work with you to provide training and opportunities for your advancement goals.

Medical needs are also taken into account, with the company providing special ergonomic office equipment as per individual requirements.

This is the first company I've ever worked for that offers 5 paid sick days a year and 3 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment.

Sometimes, the work is stressful, but that will be the same anywhere you work. Overall, I'd say this is a great place to work.
Pros
Manageable hours, competitive pay, bonuses, free food, contests
Cons
occasional high volumes, occasional angry customers, repetition
Easyhome - I've worked at worse places
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2018
It's a good place to work as they have a positive energy and lots of employee incentives to do well. There are opportunities to advance but not always in your direct business (They have easyhome (low advancement opportunity) and easyfinancial (much higher)). The work/life balance is okay but only under two circumstances:

You're not management
If you are you have a capable team.

All-in-all, the place is decent enough, I just need a new opportunity
Pros
Lot's of lunch incentives and swag incentives
Cons
Bedbugs are a thing you will likely deal with at least once...
Just someone's opinion
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON9 October 2018
I've had the pleasure of working for Goeasy for 4 years now, in theses 4 years, i've completed management training programs, i won the associate of the year award for 2017 & was able to attend the national conference with all managers in the company. Goeasy has tons of learning opportunities, & you get to meet all kinds of people. a typical day at work for me consists of feel good at the end of my shift knowing i was able to help customers get the items they need, where they may have not been approved else where. Goeasy offer's Bonuses and incentives for all staff members to achieve. Your co-workers even become a second family to you. the most enjoyable part of the job in my opinion would be everyday you is always different, you hear all kinds of stories of what customers have been threw, and how grateful they are that we can help them get back on track . There are plenty of opportunity to grow with this company, in just 2 & 1/2 years, i went from a Sales Associate to store manager, As well as if you choose to move to a different city/ province, there is the option to transfer to another store instead of having to leave the company . To anyone who likes to work with customer service, or just looking for a change from current employment, i highly recommend applying for a job at Goeasy. I've worked here for 4 years now and cant see myself going anywhere else!
Pros
monthly bonuses, incentives
A great company, filled with vibrant staff and a great workplace culture. Like any business, Goeasy has flaws but they always strive to improve.
Branch Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia8 October 2018
I've been with Goeasy for a little over two years and am ultimately pleased with my personal development as well as the company's over this time frame.

Goeasy has a great culture of employee recognition, support and development both personally and career wise that they try to ensure trickles down to each and every staff member.

If you are a high performing employee, your efforts usually do not go unnoticed. I say usually because of course, this is not always the case. The good thing is, the executives, including the CEO, are extremely down to earth and are constantly touching base with branch employees - they give credit where it is due and take back critical feedback to make a difference.

I have seen software changes, lengthened vacation times, increased bonus payouts, stronger recruiting, improved training and speedy HR involvement take place because of executive involvement.

Also, being part of a company that is growing and evolving rapidly, allows employees the opportunity to be part of something new and exciting and a chance to be part of a change in the world. Different and new positions keep opening up and branch staff have the opportunity to grow and shift gears within the company's various departments. To be fair, a lot of the different opportunities are only available to those living in or willing to move to Ontario where the head office is located.

Goeasy is also very community oriented - we care about our current and past clients, future clients as well as non clients. Services offered are especially tailored to help Canadians get on track to financial
  more... success. In addition, Goeasy encourages employees to see the whole person and not just a client by regularly asking staff to nominate deserving or needy clients for care packages or financial aid as well as allowing staff paid days off for community volunteering.

My experience with this company has been a good one so far. Generally, I feel valued for my contribution both as an employee and very importantly, as a person. Though career advancements can take some time in smaller provinces or regions, the company itself encourages and supports growth and development for all and has always kept a strong focus on improving.
Pros
Growth opportunities, great culture, good bonus structure, incentives
Cons
Shift hours, work Saturdays, limited opportunities outside of Ontario
Easyfinancial
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2018
I have worked for Easyfinancial now for 5 years and 9 months. The growth potential in this company is amazing. This company really shows that hard work pays off. If you are looking for a place to just stare and the clock and clock out at 7pm this is not the job for you. This place takes commitment. You have to be committed to making a name for yourself. Individuals who strive to be the best will be rewarded. When my goal was to manage a branch and I became a Branch Manager in a year and 2 months. The company really cares about the ideas of it's staff. Our HR department is always willing to help with any situation that comes up. I had 0 finance experience coming into Easyfinancial. Everything I learned has been taught to me here. You are not thrown in and expected to know the job. You learn about credit, how to read a credit bureau, how to properly assist in getting the customer to fully understand their own finances. Between our training department, senior staff and management it makes the hiring process very easy. I can honestly say I am happy to work at Easyfinancial. The job is rewarding, the bonuses are great and the people you work for are awesome. I have never worked for a company that I can just call or email someone from head office and ask a question or make a suggestion on how to make branch life easier. This company is built on the values and hard work of their staff.
Pros
helping people understand finances, great work environment, great incentives, great management team, growth potential
Productive and Fun place to work with room for growth
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2018
Goeasy is an amazing company to work for, it a fast pace always growing kind of company. They are always looking at ways to better improve themselves not just for the customers but for there employees as well.

This is a high stress kind of employment but if you can handle time management and constructive criticism this is the place to work!

They are constantly working with you to better your own personal performance and help lead you into the path or growth where you are looking to grow too. It does not take long to move up within in the company only took me 14 months to move into management, if you are willing to put the work in and show what you got you will go far here!

The salary is competitive and monthly bonuses and incentives are quite lucrative. The possibility of many works trips and networking.

Full training is provided in a classroom setting to help easy the first time nervousness.

Overall an amazing company to work for, if you are looking for a fast paced, always growing, room for growth, great incentives and work well in a team work setting Goeasy is the place to work for!
Pros
Monthly Bonuses, Room for growth, Team Environment
Cons
Long Hours, Vacation black out period Nov - Dec.
Go Easy Life
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2018
I have been with go easy for 3 years now. I have gone from an FSR to a branch manager, as well participating in future development programs to take the next steps within the company hierarchy. The opportunities are immense and the room to personally grow is vast. This company truly believes in rewarding hard work through salary/bonus/reward programs. They promote a job culture surrounding team work.
Pros
Salary, Bonuses, Benefits, Team Environment
Cons
Flexibility, Management
Wonderful company to be a part of!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 September 2018
The best part of working for this organization is certainly the opportunity to grow. You hear of so many stories of individuals going from entry-level positions into various levels of management, myself included. I started off as a sales rep and transitioned into a branch manager and have hopes of continuing to grow. The company does a great job of recognizing talent and promoting internally.

The compensation and bonus structures are another great reason why people love working for this company. There aren't many companies out there who provide it's staff benefits and incentives like this. Maybe as equally impressive is the family culture the company has been able to instill. The people who work for the company is what makes it so great. The fact that the senior management and even executives have an open door policy further exemplifies this fact.

Personally, I know I have learned quite a bit since joining the company. The daily task of educating customers on credit is very gratifying. Also, seeing the looks on the customers' faces when we tell them we are able to help them is a feeling second to none. Lastly, the fact that the company has been so successful with many branches consistently exceeding their targets has made it enjoyable at work everyday and is what drives me out of bed every morning.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, family culture, incentives, opportunity to grow
Cons
Work hours
Great company to work for, lots of room for advancement
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2018
I've Been working for Goeasy for about a year. Started off in an entry level position and within 6 months found myself in a management position. Goeasy allows it's staff to work remotely from home. When I do go into the office it's a fun, friendly culture with LOTS of benefits. This is the only company I've been at where the Senior Executives actually interact with the staff and care about there opinions. They even offer a wide variety of free healthy snacks and beverages. Bright new airy office being built with full input from the office staff. Over all this is a GREAT company to work for!
Pros
Great atmosphere and management staff
Best Managed Company
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 August 2018
Excellent Company to work for, Go-easy offers competitive wages and Great Benefits. Also Incentives like lunch, BBQ`s, etc...
I really enjoy working for go-easy. We have a lot of fun while getting our work done. The Mangers here are very safety oriented and treat all employees equally. In closing, go-easy truly is a fun company to work for, and a place were you want to come to work every day.
Pros
Management helps out employees in every aspect
Cons
delivering front load washers
Company that rewards those who are willing to rise above a typical retail environment position
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 August 2018
This company provides programs and positions that anyone can take advantage of. You will be responsible for promoting yourself and reaching out for more in order to achieve anything more than a typical retail job. This business has a mind to move forward and evolve within the industry as one of the leaders.
Profit sharing and benefits are available to those are willing to work for it, this isn't the job for someone who thinks tenure equals higher pay and organizational advancement.
For a non franchised location that I have worked at for 8 years, the company gives you the ability to manage the individual location as if you own it when it comes to managing your total operating costs and staffing. The additional pressure to perform is expected so you need to come to work and own your position and have passion for the task you are completing.
It's the only job I've had in my life that I don't mind getting up to go to work, you have a sense of ownership and responsibility to your staff and those in your company that lead to your joint success.
Pros
Organization advancement and training, control over each store (ie Cost managment)
Cons
Poor management skills can lead to burn out from stress
Great place to work with solid perks/benefits and room for growth
Support Centre Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2018
Working at goeasy has been a great experience so far. There are quite a few perks and benefits, ranging from ability to work from home to an extra week of vacation after only a year of tenure. The company culture is great, with friendly co-workers and management that support each other as well as the company's overall goals and direction.

With that said. what I like best about goeasy is the opportunity for growth. I've been promoted twice since I started in 2014, but that didn't come for free. It required a lot of hard work and dedication, and at times I wondered if it would pay off. I'm glad to say that it did.

goeasy is a fast growing company, and sometimes it can be challenging to keep up with that pace. If advancement is what you're after, it won't be enough to just show up for work and do a good job; it will require doing an exceptional job.

It will be worth it.
Pros
Ability to work from home, advancement opportunities, solid compensation
Cons
Fast growth can make work/life balance a challenge
Great culture & great opportunities!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
I've started with the company straight out of university and it's been an amazing journey thus far!

Yes, it's fast-pace and, at times, demands your attention "off the clock", but for a driven individual that wants to advance, gain experience, work on interesting projects and feel the reward - goeasy is your place to be.

I love the opportunities to work on projects of all sizes with individuals with all job titles. You're given flexibility to input your expertise and from there, you learn & grow and get recognized for it. Plus, you don't often find a Company where you can build personal relationships with Executives and feel comfortable entering through their door for a chat.

One of my favourite parts of the job is the great friendships I've developed and the culture I get to be a part of. From sport teams to lunches, celebrations & events - it's never a dull moment!
Pros
growth opportunities, culture, people
Cons
demanding hours
Incredible career opportunities
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan13 July 2018
You get what you put in. Simple as that. At the pace we are growing the sky is the limit on where you'd like to advance to.What I've been able to accomplish in my time with the company is unheard of in the industry and GoEasy is easily leading the way in career opportunities in the market. It's not a free ride, If you want bonus , you need to work for it. We have also recently made changes to assist with development of newer employees and facilitate programs for quicker advancement for new hires. Management fully supports growth and learning, you just need to be willing to step up to plate and put in the time and effort.
Pros
Team oriented, Bonus, Rapid advancement, Proudly Canadian
Cons
Communication
Rapid advancement and career opportunities for
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2018
If you work hard, stay committed and drive results this company rewards you. I have been promoted into 7 different positions in 10 years. From store manager to regional operations manager in less than 2 years. This is not a 9-5pm job at the bank or office.It requires enterprising, leadership, accountability and dedication everyday. You will never encounter the same identical day twice as there is always something new or surprising to keep you focused and moving forward. A great ALL Canadian company with Canadian leadership on the management team. The culture is fast paced and relentless in terms of goal setting but thats what makes goeasy so successful. If you are determined to be the best you can everyday this company is for you.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Communication
Amazing Colleagues, Everything else falls short.
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 July 2018
I spent about 9 months of employment with "GoEasy" I was hired to be a Part-time Driver, Part-time Sales associate, after 9 months I had only driven, and had done such for the entire duration. I was met with many empty promises in terms of what my job was supposed to be, I dealt with an uncanny amount of procrastination/neglect from management. And even more disappointment in terms of advancement potential.

This company, from my experience has little to no care for it's employee's.
You will be overworked, underpaid, and very scarcely appreciated for anything you do.
You can go above and beyond, and you will not be recognized or even acknowledged.
After 9 months, 40 hours per week, I was still not eligible in the eyes of the company to work during a holiday for time and a half, and the reasoning I received was "You're too new"
This company expects you to dedicate all your time, and energy. and you will walk away with nothing but regret, and an emptiness inside.
Pros
Great colleagues.
Cons
Horrible company structure/lazy management.
Horrible management
IT (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 June 2018
This company has the worst management!
You report to people who do absolutely nothing and take all the credit.
They say there's advancement but only if you kiss butt and take everyone's BS.
Managers are incompetent, irresponsible and are not trained properly to manage employees.

They use the company culture to try and cover up the horrible management.
Turn over rates are still incredibly high because this company can never keep good employees because management drives them away.
Pros
Sometimes you get free food, free coffee, company culture is inclusive
Cons
No worklife balance, terrible managers
Do not pass go
Customer Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE18 June 2018
not the worst job but far from the best very poorly managed
Great benefits but you are pushed to take advantage of people in less then Ideal circumstances
Pros
free lunches bonuses
Cons
horrible company
Fun work place but many issues.
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2018
They don’t pay you for what they expect you to do unless you work in Hamilton. When you put it in their face they find an excuse. They promise you many things including that you’ll grow and advance in the company but that is not the case as they take the Vancouver head office as a joke 95% of the time.

The hours are horrible, no life balance so you can never get your things done. Sometime you got to call in sick just to run your errands.

Easy financial does spoil their employees with gifts and so on and whenever you complain they put it in your face what they’ve given you.

The same rules don’t apply to the head office in Vancouver. Thwy make changes and like they forget the Vancouver branch exists, we are no advised.

They want their client to be so happy that want us to do whatever it takes and forget they have to make their employees happy aswell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goeasy. Our community is ready to answer.