goeasy

goeasy Employee Reviews

Gained mulitple experience and skills from this role and with this company, learned the building report with clients and overcoming objections and setbacks.
The Old manager was an old white guy. I worked with him for 2 yrs and the new manager was even worse. Bully work culture. No room for advancement and they pay you very little for the amount of work they expect out of you
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
management, unprofessionalism
Entreprise très décévante avec un processus d'embauche complexe qui peut prendre plusieurs heures et qui peut s'étaler sur deux à trois mois sans jamais que vous n'ayez de réponse après.
Anyone hired after you will make more money than you and annual raises are a joke! If you're not into killing yourself (staying up 8 hours extra, giving up your lunches/breaks, not being paid proper OT) for a company then do not work here.
Pros
Okay ish benefits
Cons
High stress, little pay, the don't know how to follow labour laws and they expect you to put your job before everything else, including your own health needs
Great place to work and advance in your career. Lots of perks and culture is superb. Once you know what you are doing and willing to learn, you have all the support and tools to excel, the sky is your limit. Management is awesome and the culture is great.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses
Cons
None really
Run away no work life balance and very stressful The leadership has no heart wants only results no days off when in management executive team not fair take no ownership for results
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance
Worked here for awhile and everything is a joke. owners are pushy and will boost you up with no follow through with promises. You will be stuck at what ever starting wage they give you and don't expect to get promoted or a raise anytime soon or ever. will make you work over 40 hours and not pay you for it, but say they will give you the hours back in lieu. which are never seen and if you ask for them you will get the response "If you want to make it here then you shouldn't ask for those hours back. Management is a joke for 80% of the stores.
Cons
non paid overtime, no follow-through from managements or owners
My Team managers have been very non cooperative. They distribute uneven work and have their favorites. Never supportive and do not help advance in career. If something goes wrong with them, they laugh it off. If something goes wrong with us, we are badly screwed. Too much work politics. Manager knows nothing about the work. Every time I ask a question, a reply comes after 3 hours, or even the next day. If we don't reply right away then we are screwed. Bad leadership! Not accommodating.
I enjoy working with the staff at goeasy, they are friendly, knowledgeable and play as a team. The pay is above average for the area and 3 weeks holidays after the first year of employment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at goeasy?
Goeasy is a great place to work, with a great culture within the company. The provide a excellent service the community, at competitive prices, considered what they do. The only issue with the company, and it's not so much the company itself but the store I worked at. The manager is terrible. No communication skills. Would walk away from potential customers. Consistently dismiss any issues brought up by employees Very NEGATIVE attitude, which made for a unpleasant work experience
Working at goeasy in beginning was good experience for me. After few months, improper training. Lack of training my manager. No consistency of manager working at branch level. No growth in company. Moreover very stressful, no work & life balance. High targets for sales & collections. Not enough wage amount of work you do all day. Racial discrimination.
It has been five years since I was there- I am sure there has been some positive changes to staff and management Stress was high...reports and targets are high. Please ask for clear outline of your position that you would be apply too!
My team was awesome, since most of them have left the company so its not that much of a fun. I learnt a lot from the team mates and other colleagues. its been nice journey.
Started as an FSR, promoted to Branch Manager. There is zero work/life balance, favourtism is a huge part with the Regional Manager. However, if you deal directly with the vice president or higher, they are amazing people
Pros
contests, free lunches, trips
Cons
long hours, stressful, no work/life balance
days are long and stressful you need to be able to balance work and home great bonuses when you qualify can advance with company easily if you work hard
Fast pace culture and with a lot of long hours. Executives have a clear vision and are working toward that goal. Lots of extra hours are needed to get the job done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
A typical day at goeasy involved me going through a list of emails and updating my executive manager of a list of daily activities /appointments for the day . Every week included a different set of projects /deadlines to achieve and so my task aligned with project completion goals.
Sexist and deceptive management. Boys are for taking out garbage and lifting things. If you enjoy extorting money from destitute people, this may be the job for you. But on the other hand, at least the pay sucks.
A good place to work. Your efforts are recognized and awarded. The salaries are less than the industry standards. A good place to start your career in Canada
There is NO work/life balance. The Owners/CEO's/Regional Managers all get time with family at the expense of all the other workers. They use you until you break.
The go easy I worked at was independently owned and operated. Some of these best bosses I’ve ever had, ever! Super caring people who value reliable employees and treat them well.
  1. Employee reviews