goeasy Employee Reviews

Morrally Shreding
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON30 January 2019
If you want to screw old, disabled and financially struggling immigrant families over, then this job is for you! Also dont expect the employees working here to be any intelligent either, they have to be missing some common sense to do this job with out feeling any remorse for the people they're driving into a lifetime of debt.

Heres a tip, work here for a short time and highly avoid selling any products to anyone so at least you'll get a good night sleep knowing you didnt ruin anyone's life.

I've reported this physical pyramid scheme to the better business bureau.

Best regards.
Pros
Free Money
Cons
You'll forever join the ranks of the dirtiest of bottom feeders.
Management was horrible
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 January 2019
Management was horrible to work for. Always looking down on you for things instead of lifting you up when you do a good job. Pointing out every little thing you did wrong and nothing good. Most days, were expected to work through your UNPAID Lunch hour..
avantage employé exellent
4:Meeting de 1:00 a 2:00 pm
5:refaire appels de collection
6: commander les produits qui nous manque
7:scaner les produits et finaliser l'inventaire
Pros
beaucoup d'avantage employé
Cons
non évaluer
Net net, a great company to work for!
Employee at the Head office (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2019
I have worked for different companies, including some of the technology giants, but never have I come across a work culture this diverse and filled with fun and energy.

This is why I say it (a long read, please read in full):

To promote work-life balance, the company has introduced flexible work hours at the head office. This has changed the game for many who need to commute from long distances and have other family related responsibilities to manage. I mean, if you are allowed to work when you want and from where you want, why wouldn't you?

If you are someone who prefers to work at the office, like me, you'd love it here too. This company has one of the best and modern workplaces. Ergonomic furniture, 'not the usual' unique meeting rooms, café that resembles a restaurant, a wellness room in case you need to rest and a spiritual room, to carry out your religious beliefs.

I'm sure we all want to be part of a company that is growing where we too can grow, enhance our capabilities and experiences. The rapid growth of this organization opens doors for many opportunities and compel you to stretch your line of thoughts and come up with out-of-the-box solutions.

Since I have been with this company, I have witnessed many deserving promotions in all other departments and at an organizational level, you have endless opportunities.

They also have events conducted every month where all employees can gather and socialize.

These are probably few of many reasons that the company has been awarded 'The Most Admired Corporate Cultures' in 2018.
Pros
Everything mentioned above
Cons
No promotions in the department I work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON12 January 2019
I have been with the company for around twenty years and it has been anything but boring. I hold the title as a Store manager at one of our lease to own locations and have seen a lot of great changes in the company. This company has, year after year introduced many great and innovative ideas to make the lease to own easier for our customer while still striving to make it possible for them to get better and better products. The work environment is second to none with continuous incentives, manager conferences in tropical locations and a training program that allows anyone to rise through the ranks.
The company is always open to suggestions and ways to improve and it is possible with drive and dedication to work your way up through the company, choosing many different avenues. Been a great ride.
Pros
awesome incentives just for doing your job
Cons
gets a little hectic around month end - never boring
Great company - Fast growth
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2018
Great organization if you are looking for a fast growth in your career. A day to day here is always changing and the Support Centre is always future thinking.
Work hard, play hard
Support Centre (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Great place to get your foot in the door and really start your career. A lot of opportunity to grow and network, this is really an organization that cares about the people they have working for them.
Pros
Free snacks, opportunities
Great place to work!
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Goeasy has by far been the most incredible company I have ever had the privilege of working for. The company really cares about what people can do instead of how they look or where they come from. The company goes above and beyond to leave a positive impact on it's employees, and communities.
Pros
Worklife balance, great culture
Great fun and happy days
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB1 November 2018
This employer has all kinds of opportunities to grow and to challenge yourself. The culture is amazing, the company-wide teamwork is incredible. I think you'll enjoy it too.
Pros
Always a chance to reach bonus, lots of mental work.
Cons
Not a whole lot of physical labour
Wonderful company that cares about their employees.
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 October 2018
Great company to work for. This company cares about their employees and the communities that they are in. Even the small cogs in the machine are made to feel important. Feedback is often asked for and appreciated. Upper management is in touch and in tune with stores and staff in the field. Great benefits to both employees and customers. Many incentives available and plenty of room for career growth. Competitive salaries and lots of bonus incentives.
Pros
Competitive pay, medical benefits with many services available (smoking cessation, help lines for many things, etc), employee discounts, fair practices.
Cons
It is a large corporation so at times there is a lot of people requiring things from you.
Hamilton NSSC Location
Customer Service Representative/Coach (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2018
The company as a whole is generous. There is often some disconnect between locations, however. I'm fortunate enough to work in the Service Center in Hamilton which affords a lot of benefits, advancement opportunities and an energetic work environment.

The pay rate is competitive (above minimum) and off-set by monthly bonuses that are earned through good performance.

The environment is so active and energized, it's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement. They offer free fruit every week, snacks daily, free tea/coffee. Decorating contests, event incentives, prizes to be won, and host company-sponsored activities.

Management is considerate and works with your needs, if you need some time off for appointments or life gets in the way. They also work with you to provide training and opportunities for your advancement goals.

Medical needs are also taken into account, with the company providing special ergonomic office equipment as per individual requirements.

This is the first company I've ever worked for that offers 5 paid sick days a year and 3 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment.

Sometimes, the work is stressful, but that will be the same anywhere you work. Overall, I'd say this is a great place to work.
Pros
Manageable hours, competitive pay, bonuses, free food, contests
Cons
occasional high volumes, occasional angry customers, repetition
Easyhome - I've worked at worse places
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2018
It's a good place to work as they have a positive energy and lots of employee incentives to do well. There are opportunities to advance but not always in your direct business (They have easyhome (low advancement opportunity) and easyfinancial (much higher)). The work/life balance is okay but only under two circumstances:

You're not management
If you are you have a capable team.

All-in-all, the place is decent enough, I just need a new opportunity
Pros
Lot's of lunch incentives and swag incentives
Cons
Bedbugs are a thing you will likely deal with at least once...
Decu
directeur (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC24 October 2018
On travail beaucoup donc pour équilibre travail/famille NON, on doit quitter a 19h et travailler les samedi
salaire pas tres concurentiel a moins d'etre ami avec les bonnes personnes.
Par contre bon avantage sociaux
Securité d'emploi je pense que oui car trop de gens incompétents ici qui travaille toujours
Direction: on ne sait pas quoi penser
culture de l'entreprise: faisons le plus de vente possible
Pros
certains employés sont gentil
Cons
beaucoup de poudre aux yeux, de mensonges, de gens hypocrite, pas de support
Worst company ever
FSR (Current Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC24 October 2018
worst place to work
too much hypocrisy from branch manager and regional manager
Not here to help client but try to put mush as you can in your pocket
Pros
lot of free time
Cons
everything
Customer Retention Manager
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2018
A typical day in this role would be going in and calling the past due customer, txting then as well as emailing (trying to make contact with them). When you make contact with the customer you have to assess the customer situation and type of customer you are dealing with (type 1,2,3,or 4). Depending on the situation that the customer is in there are options that allow us to get the customer back on track. during this process the CRM is working hand in hand with the store manager. after the first call through is done road calls are next. this is when you go knocking on the customers door attempting to make contact. when this is done you go back to the store and file paperwork, as well as site down with the store manager and talk about the outcomes and possible options with each over due customer. some times skip trace needs to be done to search for a skip customer and some times small claims need to be filed.

The actually hardest part of this job role is making contact with the customer and making the experience a healthy and happy one for them.

The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the arrears go down but actually helping the customer get back on tract.
Pros
working to help customers
Cons
hours differ per day
Easyhome:
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON19 October 2018
I have spent many great years at Easyhome the people are great and the company does a lot going over and above for the staff. The work involves a lot of strength to move furniture as well as great customer service skills to lease items.
Just someone's opinion
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON9 October 2018
I've had the pleasure of working for Goeasy for 4 years now, in theses 4 years, i've completed management training programs, i won the associate of the year award for 2017 & was able to attend the national conference with all managers in the company. Goeasy has tons of learning opportunities, & you get to meet all kinds of people. a typical day at work for me consists of feel good at the end of my shift knowing i was able to help customers get the items they need, where they may have not been approved else where. Goeasy offer's Bonuses and incentives for all staff members to achieve. Your co-workers even become a second family to you. the most enjoyable part of the job in my opinion would be everyday you is always different, you hear all kinds of stories of what customers have been threw, and how grateful they are that we can help them get back on track . There are plenty of opportunity to grow with this company, in just 2 & 1/2 years, i went from a Sales Associate to store manager, As well as if you choose to move to a different city/ province, there is the option to transfer to another store instead of having to leave the company . To anyone who likes to work with customer service, or just looking for a change from current employment, i highly recommend applying for a job at Goeasy. I've worked here for 4 years now and cant see myself going anywhere else!
Pros
monthly bonuses, incentives
Disappointed
FSR (Current Employee) –  Northern Ontario8 October 2018
I took a job at easyfinancial with low expectations and reservations. I was still disappointed.

The ´training’ provided was inadequate and due to serious turnover in the branch, nobody had any significant experience to provide value-added coaching.

The hours I was promised were changed 2 weeks after I started. The bonus promised to be reachable has been nearly impossible and when it is achieved, is grievously underwhelming. Per hour I earn less than the local cleaning ladies.

Constant (and I mean constant) pressure from the regional manager to increase sales of both loans and brutally priced insurances. Manipulative tactics utilized to bully, shame and harass front line staff into making sales targets.

It’s a tough pill to swallow badgering people to take loans and products don’t understand.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay for level responsibility; nature of the business
A great company, filled with vibrant staff and a great workplace culture. Like any business, Goeasy has flaws but they always strive to improve.
Branch Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia8 October 2018
I've been with Goeasy for a little over two years and am ultimately pleased with my personal development as well as the company's over this time frame.

Goeasy has a great culture of employee recognition, support and development both personally and career wise that they try to ensure trickles down to each and every staff member.

If you are a high performing employee, your efforts usually do not go unnoticed. I say usually because of course, this is not always the case. The good thing is, the executives, including the CEO, are extremely down to earth and are constantly touching base with branch employees - they give credit where it is due and take back critical feedback to make a difference.

I have seen software changes, lengthened vacation times, increased bonus payouts, stronger recruiting, improved training and speedy HR involvement take place because of executive involvement.

Also, being part of a company that is growing and evolving rapidly, allows employees the opportunity to be part of something new and exciting and a chance to be part of a change in the world. Different and new positions keep opening up and branch staff have the opportunity to grow and shift gears within the company's various departments. To be fair, a lot of the different opportunities are only available to those living in or willing to move to Ontario where the head office is located.

Goeasy is also very community oriented - we care about our current and past clients, future clients as well as non clients. Services offered are especially tailored to help Canadians get on track to financial
  more... success. In addition, Goeasy encourages employees to see the whole person and not just a client by regularly asking staff to nominate deserving or needy clients for care packages or financial aid as well as allowing staff paid days off for community volunteering.

My experience with this company has been a good one so far. Generally, I feel valued for my contribution both as an employee and very importantly, as a person. Though career advancements can take some time in smaller provinces or regions, the company itself encourages and supports growth and development for all and has always kept a strong focus on improving.
Pros
Growth opportunities, great culture, good bonus structure, incentives
Cons
Shift hours, work Saturdays, limited opportunities outside of Ontario
Great opportunities for job advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  NS6 October 2018
This is one of the best companies to work for. I have worked for Easyhome for 5 years and have been given many opportunities for promotions. There is always something different to do in this job whether it be getting on the road or meeting new customers in the store. They also give support to many charities including the Boys & Girls club. They give all staff the possibilities to get bonus and perks not to mention the awesome employee purchase program.
Pros
Bonus, Benefits, Employee purchase program, Sundays off
Cons
No 2 days off together

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goeasy. Our community is ready to answer.