goeasy

goeasy Employee Reviews

Canada223 reviews
Fun workplace as people are awesome
My team was awesome, since most of them have left the company so its not that much of a fun. I learnt a lot from the team mates and other colleagues. its been nice journey.
Very stressful job,no support from senior management
Started as an FSR, promoted to Branch Manager. There is zero work/life balance, favourtism is a huge part with the Regional Manager. However, if you deal directly with the vice president or higher, they are amazing people
Pros
contests, free lunches, trips
Cons
long hours, stressful, no work/life balance
high demanding
days are long and stressful
you need to be able to balance work and home

great bonuses when you qualify

can advance with company easily if you work hard
Fast pace
Fast pace culture and with a lot of long hours. Executives have a clear vision and are working toward that goal. Lots of extra hours are needed to get the job done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive workplace environment with great team members
A typical day at goeasy involved me going through a list of emails and updating my executive manager of a list of daily activities /appointments for the day . Every week included a different set of projects /deadlines to achieve and so my task aligned with project completion goals.
Delivery specialist = Collection agent.
Sexist and deceptive management. Boys are for taking out garbage and lifting things. If you enjoy extorting money from destitute people, this may be the job for you. But on the other hand, at least the pay sucks.
Fun place with lots of food
A good place to work. Your efforts are recognized and awarded. The salaries are less than the industry standards. A good place to start your career in Canada
Awful company to work for
There is NO work/life balance. The Owners/CEO's/Regional Managers all get time with family at the expense of all the other workers. They use you until you break.
Excellent work place, fantastic owners and staff!
The go easy I worked at was independently owned and operated. Some of these best bosses I’ve ever had, ever! Super caring people who value reliable employees and treat them well.
This Company Needs Ethics Training and Adjudication From Uppers
I was going into this company with background knowledge that the environment and staff is up to standards according to positive recent reviews both through surveys and confirmed employee online reviews. However, after having the opportunity of auditing this company, I have confirmed that the positive attitude is not real or genuine. It is more like a Clock-in-Clock-Out atmosphere and the wages are subpar at best. Much work is needed to be done as the veil has been taken down.
Pros
First Impressions and Creativity Potential
Cons
You will begin to see the facade in a few days
Ok but not a forever type job
My store manager was amazing but the rest of the company sucks.The pay is low but you get benefits other then that not much else to brag about. The store I work at was sold to people that really don't care about you
Pros
Store staff
Cons
Everything elae
Experience
It was a nice environment. I gained some good experience. Income could be nicer. Nice coworkers. Laid back. Lots of marketing and merchandising. Mostly computer work and customer service.
Terrible Management
This place of business does not know how to treat employees. They are forceful and unfair in speaking with employees in front of people. They have NO training for some of their positions leaving the NEW employee having to figure it out. Other employees are not very helpful. This business DOES NOT stand up for their employees ONLY for THEMSELVES!
Unprofessional
The interview process was similar to most companies however I found the Talent Acquisition Specialist Areeba to be quite pushy which led to me declining the offer.
A few perks. Lots of hours
You will work a lot here. It is high stress and work follows you home. You spend a lot of time cold calling and having to collect on accounts. Lots of pressure to collect and forced sales.
Love working at Goeasy
I love working at Goeasy and it’s a great place and good hours and we get free food and everyone is welcoming and friendly and management is very friendly.
Great Place
Loved the face to face involvement with customers and creating a relationship. completed customer credit checks with approval amounts and provided a loan balance with a payment plan
Good
What can I say, good people to work with and work for. Interesting cleintel which made for a interesting day. Clean and organized store environment which always helps to have a good day.
Overworked, underpaid, disorganized, hostile.
Will constantly tell you that you are replaceable, will write you up if you complain about anything and tell you that you're the problem. If you go on any sort of leave they will immediately begin to try to replace you instead of trying to work with you on your return. They expect you to continuously do more than your job requirements with no incentive. They will hire family and friends, and seem to have no problem if said family/friends gets preferential treatment. Incredibly disorganized, poor training. Will not let you take a personal day unless they think the reason is justified even though we are told we are allowed to use them for sickness, be it physical or mental. HR does absolutely nothing about complaints. They try to push out people once they've been there for a few years so they can hire someone for minimum wage. Instead of hiring a full staff they will expect current employees to do more with no incentive and then reprimand employees when enough work isn't getting done. No one takes any responsibility for mistakes. Company boasts about being family friendly, yet the hours are awful and you will not get a weekend off unless you're a manager, and occasionally force you to work a stat and call it "volunteering". The benefits are pretty good, that's about it.
Not easy at all
Stressful work environment
Forced to sell ancillary products making diff for the clients to pay back

with what they pay which is just a dollar above minimum they expect employees to make 100 cold calls, sell loans amounting on a daily target set by your regional manager (if not then you're not allowed to leave for the day), attaching ancillary products, auditing the documents, calling the cx who missed payments, and if they do not pay back going legal. etc..

in short employees are not respected for the work they do and the FSR' are made to work as if they are being paid zillions.

There was not a day when I woke up happy thinking about going back to work. Everyday was a different struggle.
Excellent company
Great company that has great values and wishes to really help people. Hard to manage a personal life when your hours are opposite to your spouse and those are the only hours of operation.