goeasy Employee Reviews

Great company - Fast growth
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2018
Great organization if you are looking for a fast growth in your career. A day to day here is always changing and the Support Centre is always future thinking.
Work hard, play hard
Support Centre (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Great place to get your foot in the door and really start your career. A lot of opportunity to grow and network, this is really an organization that cares about the people they have working for them.
Pros
Free snacks, opportunities
Great place to work!
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Goeasy has by far been the most incredible company I have ever had the privilege of working for. The company really cares about what people can do instead of how they look or where they come from. The company goes above and beyond to leave a positive impact on it's employees, and communities.
Pros
Worklife balance, great culture
Great fun and happy days
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB1 November 2018
This employer has all kinds of opportunities to grow and to challenge yourself. The culture is amazing, the company-wide teamwork is incredible. I think you'll enjoy it too.
Pros
Always a chance to reach bonus, lots of mental work.
Cons
Not a whole lot of physical labour
Wonderful company that cares about their employees.
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 October 2018
Great company to work for. This company cares about their employees and the communities that they are in. Even the small cogs in the machine are made to feel important. Feedback is often asked for and appreciated. Upper management is in touch and in tune with stores and staff in the field. Great benefits to both employees and customers. Many incentives available and plenty of room for career growth. Competitive salaries and lots of bonus incentives.
Pros
Competitive pay, medical benefits with many services available (smoking cessation, help lines for many things, etc), employee discounts, fair practices.
Cons
It is a large corporation so at times there is a lot of people requiring things from you.
Hamilton NSSC Location
Customer Service Representative/Coach (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2018
The company as a whole is generous. There is often some disconnect between locations, however. I'm fortunate enough to work in the Service Center in Hamilton which affords a lot of benefits, advancement opportunities and an energetic work environment.

The pay rate is competitive (above minimum) and off-set by monthly bonuses that are earned through good performance.

The environment is so active and energized, it's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement. They offer free fruit every week, snacks daily, free tea/coffee. Decorating contests, event incentives, prizes to be won, and host company-sponsored activities.

Management is considerate and works with your needs, if you need some time off for appointments or life gets in the way. They also work with you to provide training and opportunities for your advancement goals.

Medical needs are also taken into account, with the company providing special ergonomic office equipment as per individual requirements.

This is the first company I've ever worked for that offers 5 paid sick days a year and 3 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment.

Sometimes, the work is stressful, but that will be the same anywhere you work. Overall, I'd say this is a great place to work.
Pros
Manageable hours, competitive pay, bonuses, free food, contests
Cons
occasional high volumes, occasional angry customers, repetition
Easyhome - I've worked at worse places
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2018
It's a good place to work as they have a positive energy and lots of employee incentives to do well. There are opportunities to advance but not always in your direct business (They have easyhome (low advancement opportunity) and easyfinancial (much higher)). The work/life balance is okay but only under two circumstances:

You're not management
If you are you have a capable team.

All-in-all, the place is decent enough, I just need a new opportunity
Pros
Lot's of lunch incentives and swag incentives
Cons
Bedbugs are a thing you will likely deal with at least once...
Decu
directeur (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC24 October 2018
On travail beaucoup donc pour équilibre travail/famille NON, on doit quitter a 19h et travailler les samedi
salaire pas tres concurentiel a moins d'etre ami avec les bonnes personnes.
Par contre bon avantage sociaux
Securité d'emploi je pense que oui car trop de gens incompétents ici qui travaille toujours
Direction: on ne sait pas quoi penser
culture de l'entreprise: faisons le plus de vente possible
Pros
certains employés sont gentil
Cons
beaucoup de poudre aux yeux, de mensonges, de gens hypocrite, pas de support
Worst company ever
FSR (Current Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC24 October 2018
worst place to work
too much hypocrisy from branch manager and regional manager
Not here to help client but try to put mush as you can in your pocket
Pros
lot of free time
Cons
everything
Customer Retention Manager
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2018
A typical day in this role would be going in and calling the past due customer, txting then as well as emailing (trying to make contact with them). When you make contact with the customer you have to assess the customer situation and type of customer you are dealing with (type 1,2,3,or 4). Depending on the situation that the customer is in there are options that allow us to get the customer back on track. during this process the CRM is working hand in hand with the store manager. after the first call through is done road calls are next. this is when you go knocking on the customers door attempting to make contact. when this is done you go back to the store and file paperwork, as well as site down with the store manager and talk about the outcomes and possible options with each over due customer. some times skip trace needs to be done to search for a skip customer and some times small claims need to be filed.

The actually hardest part of this job role is making contact with the customer and making the experience a healthy and happy one for them.

The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the arrears go down but actually helping the customer get back on tract.
Pros
working to help customers
Cons
hours differ per day
Easyhome:
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON19 October 2018
I have spent many great years at Easyhome the people are great and the company does a lot going over and above for the staff. The work involves a lot of strength to move furniture as well as great customer service skills to lease items.
Just someone's opinion
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON9 October 2018
I've had the pleasure of working for Goeasy for 4 years now, in theses 4 years, i've completed management training programs, i won the associate of the year award for 2017 & was able to attend the national conference with all managers in the company. Goeasy has tons of learning opportunities, & you get to meet all kinds of people. a typical day at work for me consists of feel good at the end of my shift knowing i was able to help customers get the items they need, where they may have not been approved else where. Goeasy offer's Bonuses and incentives for all staff members to achieve. Your co-workers even become a second family to you. the most enjoyable part of the job in my opinion would be everyday you is always different, you hear all kinds of stories of what customers have been threw, and how grateful they are that we can help them get back on track . There are plenty of opportunity to grow with this company, in just 2 & 1/2 years, i went from a Sales Associate to store manager, As well as if you choose to move to a different city/ province, there is the option to transfer to another store instead of having to leave the company . To anyone who likes to work with customer service, or just looking for a change from current employment, i highly recommend applying for a job at Goeasy. I've worked here for 4 years now and cant see myself going anywhere else!
Pros
monthly bonuses, incentives
Disappointed
FSR (Current Employee) –  Northern Ontario8 October 2018
I took a job at easyfinancial with low expectations and reservations. I was still disappointed.

The ´training’ provided was inadequate and due to serious turnover in the branch, nobody had any significant experience to provide value-added coaching.

The hours I was promised were changed 2 weeks after I started. The bonus promised to be reachable has been nearly impossible and when it is achieved, is grievously underwhelming. Per hour I earn less than the local cleaning ladies.

Constant (and I mean constant) pressure from the regional manager to increase sales of both loans and brutally priced insurances. Manipulative tactics utilized to bully, shame and harass front line staff into making sales targets.

It’s a tough pill to swallow badgering people to take loans and products don’t understand.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay for level responsibility; nature of the business
A great company, filled with vibrant staff and a great workplace culture. Like any business, Goeasy has flaws but they always strive to improve.
Branch Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia8 October 2018
I've been with Goeasy for a little over two years and am ultimately pleased with my personal development as well as the company's over this time frame.

Goeasy has a great culture of employee recognition, support and development both personally and career wise that they try to ensure trickles down to each and every staff member.

If you are a high performing employee, your efforts usually do not go unnoticed. I say usually because of course, this is not always the case. The good thing is, the executives, including the CEO, are extremely down to earth and are constantly touching base with branch employees - they give credit where it is due and take back critical feedback to make a difference.

I have seen software changes, lengthened vacation times, increased bonus payouts, stronger recruiting, improved training and speedy HR involvement take place because of executive involvement.

Also, being part of a company that is growing and evolving rapidly, allows employees the opportunity to be part of something new and exciting and a chance to be part of a change in the world. Different and new positions keep opening up and branch staff have the opportunity to grow and shift gears within the company's various departments. To be fair, a lot of the different opportunities are only available to those living in or willing to move to Ontario where the head office is located.

Goeasy is also very community oriented - we care about our current and past clients, future clients as well as non clients. Services offered are especially tailored to help Canadians get on track to financial
  more... success. In addition, Goeasy encourages employees to see the whole person and not just a client by regularly asking staff to nominate deserving or needy clients for care packages or financial aid as well as allowing staff paid days off for community volunteering.

My experience with this company has been a good one so far. Generally, I feel valued for my contribution both as an employee and very importantly, as a person. Though career advancements can take some time in smaller provinces or regions, the company itself encourages and supports growth and development for all and has always kept a strong focus on improving.
Pros
Growth opportunities, great culture, good bonus structure, incentives
Cons
Shift hours, work Saturdays, limited opportunities outside of Ontario
Great opportunities for job advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  NS6 October 2018
This is one of the best companies to work for. I have worked for Easyhome for 5 years and have been given many opportunities for promotions. There is always something different to do in this job whether it be getting on the road or meeting new customers in the store. They also give support to many charities including the Boys & Girls club. They give all staff the possibilities to get bonus and perks not to mention the awesome employee purchase program.
Pros
Bonus, Benefits, Employee purchase program, Sundays off
Cons
No 2 days off together
Easyfinancial
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2018
I have worked for Easyfinancial now for 5 years and 9 months. The growth potential in this company is amazing. This company really shows that hard work pays off. If you are looking for a place to just stare and the clock and clock out at 7pm this is not the job for you. This place takes commitment. You have to be committed to making a name for yourself. Individuals who strive to be the best will be rewarded. When my goal was to manage a branch and I became a Branch Manager in a year and 2 months. The company really cares about the ideas of it's staff. Our HR department is always willing to help with any situation that comes up. I had 0 finance experience coming into Easyfinancial. Everything I learned has been taught to me here. You are not thrown in and expected to know the job. You learn about credit, how to read a credit bureau, how to properly assist in getting the customer to fully understand their own finances. Between our training department, senior staff and management it makes the hiring process very easy. I can honestly say I am happy to work at Easyfinancial. The job is rewarding, the bonuses are great and the people you work for are awesome. I have never worked for a company that I can just call or email someone from head office and ask a question or make a suggestion on how to make branch life easier. This company is built on the values and hard work of their staff.
Pros
helping people understand finances, great work environment, great incentives, great management team, growth potential
Productive and Fun place to work with room for growth
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2018
Goeasy is an amazing company to work for, it a fast pace always growing kind of company. They are always looking at ways to better improve themselves not just for the customers but for there employees as well.

This is a high stress kind of employment but if you can handle time management and constructive criticism this is the place to work!

They are constantly working with you to better your own personal performance and help lead you into the path or growth where you are looking to grow too. It does not take long to move up within in the company only took me 14 months to move into management, if you are willing to put the work in and show what you got you will go far here!

The salary is competitive and monthly bonuses and incentives are quite lucrative. The possibility of many works trips and networking.

Full training is provided in a classroom setting to help easy the first time nervousness.

Overall an amazing company to work for, if you are looking for a fast paced, always growing, room for growth, great incentives and work well in a team work setting Goeasy is the place to work for!
Pros
Monthly Bonuses, Room for growth, Team Environment
Cons
Long Hours, Vacation black out period Nov - Dec.
Not the best job but it pays the bills
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC10 September 2018
The work culture is good, very respectful, however the pay is severely lacking and the work is not worth the salary. Overall its not a bad job, but don't expect to make a career out of it.
Go Easy Life
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2018
I have been with go easy for 3 years now. I have gone from an FSR to a branch manager, as well participating in future development programs to take the next steps within the company hierarchy. The opportunities are immense and the room to personally grow is vast. This company truly believes in rewarding hard work through salary/bonus/reward programs. They promote a job culture surrounding team work.
Pros
Salary, Bonuses, Benefits, Team Environment
Cons
Flexibility, Management
Horrendous Place To Work.
FSR (Former Employee) –  Quinte West, ON4 September 2018
I loved this job at first. Good hours, decent people (at first) but then little cliques started forming. Lots of harassment, lots of slander against mental illness and suicide. My "adult services" were also offered to customers as incentive if they were to take the full amount on their loan. Disgusting environment. Only decent people were the RM's. So sad.
Pros
Free coffee, decent pay
Cons
Unpaid hours, harrassment, lazy managment
Official response from goeasy
4 October 2018

Your allegations are quite alarming. If you have not already done so, please contact our HR department so we may investigate immediately - HR@goeasy.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goeasy. Our community is ready to answer.