goeasy Employee Reviews

Company that rewards those who are willing to rise above a typical retail environment position
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 August 2018
This company provides programs and positions that anyone can take advantage of. You will be responsible for promoting yourself and reaching out for more in order to achieve anything more than a typical retail job. This business has a mind to move forward and evolve within the industry as one of the leaders.
Profit sharing and benefits are available to those are willing to work for it, this isn't the job for someone who thinks tenure equals higher pay and organizational advancement.
For a non franchised location that I have worked at for 8 years, the company gives you the ability to manage the individual location as if you own it when it comes to managing your total operating costs and staffing. The additional pressure to perform is expected so you need to come to work and own your position and have passion for the task you are completing.
It's the only job I've had in my life that I don't mind getting up to go to work, you have a sense of ownership and responsibility to your staff and those in your company that lead to your joint success.
Pros
Organization advancement and training, control over each store (ie Cost managment)
Cons
Poor management skills can lead to burn out from stress
Great place to work with solid perks/benefits and room for growth
Support Centre Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2018
Working at goeasy has been a great experience so far. There are quite a few perks and benefits, ranging from ability to work from home to an extra week of vacation after only a year of tenure. The company culture is great, with friendly co-workers and management that support each other as well as the company's overall goals and direction.

With that said. what I like best about goeasy is the opportunity for growth. I've been promoted twice since I started in 2014, but that didn't come for free. It required a lot of hard work and dedication, and at times I wondered if it would pay off. I'm glad to say that it did.

goeasy is a fast growing company, and sometimes it can be challenging to keep up with that pace. If advancement is what you're after, it won't be enough to just show up for work and do a good job; it will require doing an exceptional job.

It will be worth it.
Pros
Ability to work from home, advancement opportunities, solid compensation
Cons
Fast growth can make work/life balance a challenge
Great team work
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 August 2018
Good company to work for, like any other workplace you find advantages and disadvantages, a lot has to do with the team you work with, I enjoy working for Goeasy.
Pros
Good insentives
Fast Growing Company with Room for Advancement
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2018
With this company you get out what you put in, the culture is very family oriented and fun but this is necessary due to the type of company it is. As a high risk lender there is a sense that easyfinancial is a predatory lender and they balance this out by showing their employees a great time to compensate for the stigma. Some more learning and development for the staff focussed on credit counselling and credit re-building will go far to help changing the predatory lender narrative. The hardest part of the job is trying to do your best with a lack of communication in the company, and the best part of the job is learning the ins and outs and recommending better solutions and watching the company act on this. The pay could be better for the amount of responsibility you are given but they try to compensate using variable incentives, but this is not always a certainty, while the amount of work is.
Pros
Free food, events, opportunity for growth
Cons
Lack of communication, wages
Great culture & great opportunities!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
I've started with the company straight out of university and it's been an amazing journey thus far!

Yes, it's fast-pace and, at times, demands your attention "off the clock", but for a driven individual that wants to advance, gain experience, work on interesting projects and feel the reward - goeasy is your place to be.

I love the opportunities to work on projects of all sizes with individuals with all job titles. You're given flexibility to input your expertise and from there, you learn & grow and get recognized for it. Plus, you don't often find a Company where you can build personal relationships with Executives and feel comfortable entering through their door for a chat.

One of my favourite parts of the job is the great friendships I've developed and the culture I get to be a part of. From sport teams to lunches, celebrations & events - it's never a dull moment!
Pros
growth opportunities, culture, people
Cons
demanding hours
Great room for growth
Support Centre Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
Been with goeasy for about 3 years now and the growth for Head Office employees is great!

High volume, fast paced but the people, the culture and the environment make it worthwhile!
Pros
Free coffee, birthday off with pay
Cons
Worklife balance
Incredible career opportunities
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan13 July 2018
You get what you put in. Simple as that. At the pace we are growing the sky is the limit on where you'd like to advance to.What I've been able to accomplish in my time with the company is unheard of in the industry and GoEasy is easily leading the way in career opportunities in the market. It's not a free ride, If you want bonus , you need to work for it. We have also recently made changes to assist with development of newer employees and facilitate programs for quicker advancement for new hires. Management fully supports growth and learning, you just need to be willing to step up to plate and put in the time and effort.
Pros
Team oriented, Bonus, Rapid advancement, Proudly Canadian
Cons
Communication
Rewarding personal and professional development
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick12 July 2018
goeasy provides a very engaged environment and promotes a culture that is dedicated to your personal and professional development. This is spear headed by an incredibly supportive leadership team who work hard to make sure you are part of something that matters.
There is ample opportunity to advance in the company and the leadership team is very dedicated to identifying internal talent, helping you grow and promoting within. It's not just a great place to work, it's a great place to build a career.
Pros
Great bonus & incentives, great company culture
Efs 2018
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  British Columbia12 July 2018
You can be as successful as you want to be, it is hard work and long days sometimes but the rewards make it worth it (personally and monetarily). You will feel accomplished when you go the extra mile to help that person in need and knowing you are doing the best thing for a client makes everyday enjoyable. You are responsible for yourself and your success so a steadfast attitude and high morals are needed daily. If you have a competitive side, this is the job for you.
Pros
Teamwork and incentives
Cons
The pressure can be palpable at times.
Love my job
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 July 2018
This company is absolutely amazing to work for. I love my job and coming to work every day to help our customers. A couple of things I would change within the company is how late we are open and the fact we are open on Saturday's. Makes it tough to have work life balance, but otherwise I love my job:)
Rapid advancement and career opportunities for
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2018
If you work hard, stay committed and drive results this company rewards you. I have been promoted into 7 different positions in 10 years. From store manager to regional operations manager in less than 2 years. This is not a 9-5pm job at the bank or office.It requires enterprising, leadership, accountability and dedication everyday. You will never encounter the same identical day twice as there is always something new or surprising to keep you focused and moving forward. A great ALL Canadian company with Canadian leadership on the management team. The culture is fast paced and relentless in terms of goal setting but thats what makes goeasy so successful. If you are determined to be the best you can everyday this company is for you.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Communication
Horrible management
IT (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 June 2018
This company has the worst management!
You report to people who do absolutely nothing and take all the credit.
They say there's advancement but only if you kiss butt and take everyone's BS.
Managers are incompetent, irresponsible and are not trained properly to manage employees.

They use the company culture to try and cover up the horrible management.
Turn over rates are still incredibly high because this company can never keep good employees because management drives them away.
Pros
Sometimes you get free food, free coffee, company culture is inclusive
Cons
No worklife balance, terrible managers
Do not pass go
Customer Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE18 June 2018
not the worst job but far from the best very poorly managed
Great benefits but you are pushed to take advantage of people in less then Ideal circumstances
Pros
free lunches bonuses
Cons
horrible company
tout dependant avec quelle equipe vous travaillez
Chez Easy financiere cest vraiment EASY (Facile) (Former Employee) –  Montreal metropoliitain11 June 2018
Je suis SFR
Mes collegues de ma succurslae sont amicale, aidant naturelle et respectueux suivant la mission de l entreprise Easygo :
Nous travaillons en équipe
Nous trouvons toujours une solution
Nous faisons preuve de respect et d’intégrité
Nous misons sur la technologie et l’innovation
Nous nous investissons dans nos communautés
Nous respections la diversite en tant que culture et communauté
Nous voulons aider les clients afin de reconstruire leur cote de risque en ayant a coeur nos collegues et employés

Relation Win Win entre la direction, les employés et le client
Nous sommes ouvert en perpetuelle amélioration (Work in progess)
Pros
avantages sociaux excellents plus que compétitifs
Cons
ouvert les samedis
working at goeasy
Management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
I started working at goeasy in 2013, right after graduating university.
Throughout this journey with the company I have seen this place transform and grow.

If you are looking for a 9-5 job, doing routine tasks day in and day out then this place might not be for you. However, if you are an individual that is seeking a work place to utilise your strength, improve your weaknesses and grow with the company then look no further.

goeasy is a dynamic workplace, where you have to adopt to changing environment and solve real life problems.

Because of the exponential growth of the company, there are always professional growth opportunities for the employees.
Pros
growth opportunities, amazing people, competitive environment
Cons
A lot of advancement opportunities & great people!
Legal (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2018
I have worked for goeasy Ltd. for 4 years & it's been great. There are numerous opportunities for career development & growth and the company will do what they can to help you get where you want to be. The people are an added bonus. Everyone is like family. Great group of people.
Pros
room for growth, fun social events, salary, employee discounts
You can really develop you skills here
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2018
You are going to develop your skills all the way from admin to collections, from sales to solicits. You are really going to develop skills such as admin, collections, sales and solicits.
Pros
develop skills
Cons
sales oriented environment
Run away and don’t look back
Associate that lead to management (Former Employee) –  North of toronto28 April 2018
They promise you the world but fail to deliver. They make it seem fun at first but the long nights and weekend work quickly take over. Don’t even get me started on month end. You should good the CBC marketplace episode the did. Can’t remember if it was name easyfinancial or go easy at that time
Pros
No longer there
Cons
Fun work place but many issues.
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2018
They don’t pay you for what they expect you to do unless you work in Hamilton. When you put it in their face they find an excuse. They promise you many things including that you’ll grow and advance in the company but that is not the case as they take the Vancouver head office as a joke 95% of the time.

The hours are horrible, no life balance so you can never get your things done. Sometime you got to call in sick just to run your errands.

Easy financial does spoil their employees with gifts and so on and whenever you complain they put it in your face what they’ve given you.

The same rules don’t apply to the head office in Vancouver. Thwy make changes and like they forget the Vancouver branch exists, we are no advised.

They want their client to be so happy that want us to do whatever it takes and forget they have to make their employees happy aswell.
A Unique and Innovative Company!
Support Centre Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2018
- Management is friendly and down-to-earth
- There is a very family friendly vibe here
- This is a fast-growth company and with that, there is every opportunity for you to grow your career if that is something you are interested in doing
- The flexible work program allows for better work/life balance
- Free fitness centre on-site with instructor-led classes!
Pros
Perks and programs, flexible work arrangements, the people and opportunity to grow.
Cons
Since the company is going through fast-growth, it can be a con if you are someone who has difficulty adapting to change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goeasy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7