goeasy Employee Reviews

Just someone's opinion
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON9 October 2018
I've had the pleasure of working for Goeasy for 4 years now, in theses 4 years, i've completed management training programs, i won the associate of the year award for 2017 & was able to attend the national conference with all managers in the company. Goeasy has tons of learning opportunities, & you get to meet all kinds of people. a typical day at work for me consists of feel good at the end of my shift knowing i was able to help customers get the items they need, where they may have not been approved else where. Goeasy offer's Bonuses and incentives for all staff members to achieve. Your co-workers even become a second family to you. the most enjoyable part of the job in my opinion would be everyday you is always different, you hear all kinds of stories of what customers have been threw, and how grateful they are that we can help them get back on track . There are plenty of opportunity to grow with this company, in just 2 & 1/2 years, i went from a Sales Associate to store manager, As well as if you choose to move to a different city/ province, there is the option to transfer to another store instead of having to leave the company . To anyone who likes to work with customer service, or just looking for a change from current employment, i highly recommend applying for a job at Goeasy. I've worked here for 4 years now and cant see myself going anywhere else!
Pros
monthly bonuses, incentives
A great company, filled with vibrant staff and a great workplace culture. Like any business, Goeasy has flaws but they always strive to improve.
Branch Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia8 October 2018
I've been with Goeasy for a little over two years and am ultimately pleased with my personal development as well as the company's over this time frame.

Goeasy has a great culture of employee recognition, support and development both personally and career wise that they try to ensure trickles down to each and every staff member.

If you are a high performing employee, your efforts usually do not go unnoticed. I say usually because of course, this is not always the case. The good thing is, the executives, including the CEO, are extremely down to earth and are constantly touching base with branch employees - they give credit where it is due and take back critical feedback to make a difference.

I have seen software changes, lengthened vacation times, increased bonus payouts, stronger recruiting, improved training and speedy HR involvement take place because of executive involvement.

Also, being part of a company that is growing and evolving rapidly, allows employees the opportunity to be part of something new and exciting and a chance to be part of a change in the world. Different and new positions keep opening up and branch staff have the opportunity to grow and shift gears within the company's various departments. To be fair, a lot of the different opportunities are only available to those living in or willing to move to Ontario where the head office is located.

Goeasy is also very community oriented - we care about our current and past clients, future clients as well as non clients. Services offered are especially tailored to help Canadians get on track to financial
  more... success. In addition, Goeasy encourages employees to see the whole person and not just a client by regularly asking staff to nominate deserving or needy clients for care packages or financial aid as well as allowing staff paid days off for community volunteering.

My experience with this company has been a good one so far. Generally, I feel valued for my contribution both as an employee and very importantly, as a person. Though career advancements can take some time in smaller provinces or regions, the company itself encourages and supports growth and development for all and has always kept a strong focus on improving.
Pros
Growth opportunities, great culture, good bonus structure, incentives
Cons
Shift hours, work Saturdays, limited opportunities outside of Ontario
Great opportunities for job advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  NS6 October 2018
This is one of the best companies to work for. I have worked for Easyhome for 5 years and have been given many opportunities for promotions. There is always something different to do in this job whether it be getting on the road or meeting new customers in the store. They also give support to many charities including the Boys & Girls club. They give all staff the possibilities to get bonus and perks not to mention the awesome employee purchase program.
Pros
Bonus, Benefits, Employee purchase program, Sundays off
Cons
No 2 days off together
Easyfinancial
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2018
I have worked for Easyfinancial now for 5 years and 9 months. The growth potential in this company is amazing. This company really shows that hard work pays off. If you are looking for a place to just stare and the clock and clock out at 7pm this is not the job for you. This place takes commitment. You have to be committed to making a name for yourself. Individuals who strive to be the best will be rewarded. When my goal was to manage a branch and I became a Branch Manager in a year and 2 months. The company really cares about the ideas of it's staff. Our HR department is always willing to help with any situation that comes up. I had 0 finance experience coming into Easyfinancial. Everything I learned has been taught to me here. You are not thrown in and expected to know the job. You learn about credit, how to read a credit bureau, how to properly assist in getting the customer to fully understand their own finances. Between our training department, senior staff and management it makes the hiring process very easy. I can honestly say I am happy to work at Easyfinancial. The job is rewarding, the bonuses are great and the people you work for are awesome. I have never worked for a company that I can just call or email someone from head office and ask a question or make a suggestion on how to make branch life easier. This company is built on the values and hard work of their staff.
Pros
helping people understand finances, great work environment, great incentives, great management team, growth potential
Productive and Fun place to work with room for growth
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2018
Goeasy is an amazing company to work for, it a fast pace always growing kind of company. They are always looking at ways to better improve themselves not just for the customers but for there employees as well.

This is a high stress kind of employment but if you can handle time management and constructive criticism this is the place to work!

They are constantly working with you to better your own personal performance and help lead you into the path or growth where you are looking to grow too. It does not take long to move up within in the company only took me 14 months to move into management, if you are willing to put the work in and show what you got you will go far here!

The salary is competitive and monthly bonuses and incentives are quite lucrative. The possibility of many works trips and networking.

Full training is provided in a classroom setting to help easy the first time nervousness.

Overall an amazing company to work for, if you are looking for a fast paced, always growing, room for growth, great incentives and work well in a team work setting Goeasy is the place to work for!
Pros
Monthly Bonuses, Room for growth, Team Environment
Cons
Long Hours, Vacation black out period Nov - Dec.
Not the best job but it pays the bills
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC10 September 2018
The work culture is good, very respectful, however the pay is severely lacking and the work is not worth the salary. Overall its not a bad job, but don't expect to make a career out of it.
Go Easy Life
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2018
I have been with go easy for 3 years now. I have gone from an FSR to a branch manager, as well participating in future development programs to take the next steps within the company hierarchy. The opportunities are immense and the room to personally grow is vast. This company truly believes in rewarding hard work through salary/bonus/reward programs. They promote a job culture surrounding team work.
Pros
Salary, Bonuses, Benefits, Team Environment
Cons
Flexibility, Management
Horrendous Place To Work.
FSR (Former Employee) –  Quinte West, ON4 September 2018
I loved this job at first. Good hours, decent people (at first) but then little cliques started forming. Lots of harassment, lots of slander against mental illness and suicide. My "adult services" were also offered to customers as incentive if they were to take the full amount on their loan. Disgusting environment. Only decent people were the RM's. So sad.
Pros
Free coffee, decent pay
Cons
Unpaid hours, harrassment, lazy managment
Official response from goeasy
4 October 2018

Your allegations are quite alarming. If you have not already done so, please contact our HR department so we may investigate immediately - HR@goeasy.com.

great company to work for that really cares about staff and clients
Branch Manager Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL4 September 2018
I started with Go Easy 4 years ago and after being in Finance for over 20 plus years this is the first company i actually worked for that is so invested in their staff and clientele. I stared with this Company as a Branch Manager opening a brand new branch and in three short years became one of the top three branches in Canada and a team leader for my Region. This is more than a company it is a family . go easy cares about their staff , and offer so many different services, whether it be through employee purchase program easy loans , unbelievable compensation and bonus structures and Incentives. As an employee of Go easy we get to experience so much, the day to day job of helping our clients get back on the right credit path ,and seeing them smile when they get a YES , to helping the boys and girls clubs of Canada and partnering with Habitat for humanity in 3rd world counties , the experience is truly rewarding. I have learned so much since I started my journey with this company and i'm still continuing to learn and grow , and they encourage this. Everyone is very supportive. It is so easy to advance and grow with this team . Knowing that we are helping people and each and every day is the most rewarding feeling anyone could ask for. At Go easy Workplace culture is a big thing we have all walks of life working on this amazing team. Go easy is one company i would strongly recommend to anyone that is motivated and looking to help others in a fun rewarding environment.
Pros
Great benefits and incentive's for all employees
Wonderful company to be a part of!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 September 2018
The best part of working for this organization is certainly the opportunity to grow. You hear of so many stories of individuals going from entry-level positions into various levels of management, myself included. I started off as a sales rep and transitioned into a branch manager and have hopes of continuing to grow. The company does a great job of recognizing talent and promoting internally.

The compensation and bonus structures are another great reason why people love working for this company. There aren't many companies out there who provide it's staff benefits and incentives like this. Maybe as equally impressive is the family culture the company has been able to instill. The people who work for the company is what makes it so great. The fact that the senior management and even executives have an open door policy further exemplifies this fact.

Personally, I know I have learned quite a bit since joining the company. The daily task of educating customers on credit is very gratifying. Also, seeing the looks on the customers' faces when we tell them we are able to help them is a feeling second to none. Lastly, the fact that the company has been so successful with many branches consistently exceeding their targets has made it enjoyable at work everyday and is what drives me out of bed every morning.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, family culture, incentives, opportunity to grow
Cons
Work hours
Great company to work for, lots of room for advancement
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2018
I've Been working for Goeasy for about a year. Started off in an entry level position and within 6 months found myself in a management position. Goeasy allows it's staff to work remotely from home. When I do go into the office it's a fun, friendly culture with LOTS of benefits. This is the only company I've been at where the Senior Executives actually interact with the staff and care about there opinions. They even offer a wide variety of free healthy snacks and beverages. Bright new airy office being built with full input from the office staff. Over all this is a GREAT company to work for!
Pros
Great atmosphere and management staff
Great place to work!
Support Centre Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2018
Working for the Support Centre has always been such a great experience. They strive to create a solid work/life balance for all employees while always maintaining a high level of quality in all the work we do.

Goeasy is constantly setting targets and exceeding them and this is a direct result of the hard work put in by all staff across the business, whether that be the senior execs or the dedicated front line staff in stores and branches.

The culture at Goeasy is undeniably one of the best I have experienced throughout my professional life. We are a tight knit family and we have each others backs. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people, by far. Working with such talented, knowledgeable and fun individuals is what makes this company so great to work for!

Work/life balance isn't always as clear in the field as it is for Support Centre staff, but the company is constantly putting forward new incentives for those front line staff to be able to work hard and play hard.
Pros
Employees incentives, benefits, work culture, flexible work schedules
Cons
Heavy work load at times, interdepartmental politics
Best Managed Company
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 August 2018
Excellent Company to work for, Go-easy offers competitive wages and Great Benefits. Also Incentives like lunch, BBQ`s, etc...
I really enjoy working for go-easy. We have a lot of fun while getting our work done. The Mangers here are very safety oriented and treat all employees equally. In closing, go-easy truly is a fun company to work for, and a place were you want to come to work every day.
Pros
Management helps out employees in every aspect
Cons
delivering front load washers
goeasy
fsr (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB24 August 2018
I have been with the company for 2 years now and have had both positive and negative experiences. When I first started in the company I was in a different store and learnt a lot when I first started. When I needed to move the store I was hired at found a position for me in a store that I was moving too. And helped with the transition.

I have been lucky with having 2 children when I need a day off with them or if they are sick I am able to get the time off to do so. They store I work at and the company are very family orientated. But also with that it is hard having a day off because there is always so much going on that needs to be done. There is always room for advancement as I have gone from LS to a FSR and there is a high demand to be here. Some days the work load can be a lot and stressful where you are working longer hours then you normally would. But the company will compensate you for that time. There is always various incentives throughout the month.

Working for Goeasy there is a lot of demand for hours that cna be long, and stressful. But there are rewards with OT, and you have your monthly bonus structure where you can get extra money every month if you hit the targets.

I would recommend working for Goeasy if you are able to work under stress, high demand with deadlines and being able to work on your own with some instruction. Not every time you have someone beside you to make sure you are on task or making sure you are doing your job. You need to be able to focus and do your job proficiently.
Great Work Environment with lots of Opportunities to Advance
Support Centre Employee (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 August 2018
This is a great company to work for, they go above and beyond to keep their employees happy and morale high. The work environment is great and at the Support Centre they often provide treats for the employees for free - such as Nacho Day, Hotdog Day, ice creams etc. In this way, they are unlike any company I have every worked for, as they really put in the effort to create a fun environment, but at the same time you are expected to put in maximum effort.

They are constantly asking their employees for feedback and ways to improve and in return have set up extra bonuses and achievable targets to help incentivize the work you do - which can make a big difference.

The most difficult part of the job is sometimes dealing with the lack of communication between Managers and other employees. The company also services the whole of Canada and therefore has operating hours from 7:30am - midnight, which can be a drawback for some of the employees.

Regardless, there is lots of room for growth and many opportunities to advance your career, which definitely is the bigger picture at the end of the day.
Pros
Free snacks, bonuses
Cons
Inconvenient hours, heavy workload
Company that rewards those who are willing to rise above a typical retail environment position
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 August 2018
This company provides programs and positions that anyone can take advantage of. You will be responsible for promoting yourself and reaching out for more in order to achieve anything more than a typical retail job. This business has a mind to move forward and evolve within the industry as one of the leaders.
Profit sharing and benefits are available to those are willing to work for it, this isn't the job for someone who thinks tenure equals higher pay and organizational advancement.
For a non franchised location that I have worked at for 8 years, the company gives you the ability to manage the individual location as if you own it when it comes to managing your total operating costs and staffing. The additional pressure to perform is expected so you need to come to work and own your position and have passion for the task you are completing.
It's the only job I've had in my life that I don't mind getting up to go to work, you have a sense of ownership and responsibility to your staff and those in your company that lead to your joint success.
Pros
Organization advancement and training, control over each store (ie Cost managment)
Cons
Poor management skills can lead to burn out from stress
Great place to work with solid perks/benefits and room for growth
Support Centre Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2018
Working at goeasy has been a great experience so far. There are quite a few perks and benefits, ranging from ability to work from home to an extra week of vacation after only a year of tenure. The company culture is great, with friendly co-workers and management that support each other as well as the company's overall goals and direction.

With that said. what I like best about goeasy is the opportunity for growth. I've been promoted twice since I started in 2014, but that didn't come for free. It required a lot of hard work and dedication, and at times I wondered if it would pay off. I'm glad to say that it did.

goeasy is a fast growing company, and sometimes it can be challenging to keep up with that pace. If advancement is what you're after, it won't be enough to just show up for work and do a good job; it will require doing an exceptional job.

It will be worth it.
Pros
Ability to work from home, advancement opportunities, solid compensation
Cons
Fast growth can make work/life balance a challenge
Great team work
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 August 2018
Good company to work for, like any other workplace you find advantages and disadvantages, a lot has to do with the team you work with, I enjoy working for Goeasy.
Pros
Good insentives
Fast Growing Company with Room for Advancement
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2018
With this company you get out what you put in, the culture is very family oriented and fun but this is necessary due to the type of company it is. As a high risk lender there is a sense that easyfinancial is a predatory lender and they balance this out by showing their employees a great time to compensate for the stigma. Some more learning and development for the staff focussed on credit counselling and credit re-building will go far to help changing the predatory lender narrative. The hardest part of the job is trying to do your best with a lack of communication in the company, and the best part of the job is learning the ins and outs and recommending better solutions and watching the company act on this. The pay could be better for the amount of responsibility you are given but they try to compensate using variable incentives, but this is not always a certainty, while the amount of work is.
Pros
Free food, events, opportunity for growth
Cons
Lack of communication, wages
Great culture & great opportunities!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
I've started with the company straight out of university and it's been an amazing journey thus far!

Yes, it's fast-pace and, at times, demands your attention "off the clock", but for a driven individual that wants to advance, gain experience, work on interesting projects and feel the reward - goeasy is your place to be.

I love the opportunities to work on projects of all sizes with individuals with all job titles. You're given flexibility to input your expertise and from there, you learn & grow and get recognized for it. Plus, you don't often find a Company where you can build personal relationships with Executives and feel comfortable entering through their door for a chat.

One of my favourite parts of the job is the great friendships I've developed and the culture I get to be a part of. From sport teams to lunches, celebrations & events - it's never a dull moment!
Pros
growth opportunities, culture, people
Cons
demanding hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goeasy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9