Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
The work place is good but it take a bit long time to reach to the work are in the ware house and always safety vest must be worn.supervisor is very good.good break times.
Great workplace culture, fun and outgoing.
Management not so great, staff are under valued and not appreciated. Hardest was dealing with the manager, most enjoyable verything else. Fast paced and busy during hoilday, otherwise struggling for business. Learned plenty about a Boutique style luxury chocolate.
Pros
Hard working staff, fun environment
Cons
Managment discriminates
A typical day at work is helping costumers find what they are looking for and also package products for them, cashing them out and making sure to meet daily goals and being able to do delivery. Along with other responsibilities that come with the job and completing daily tasks
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
It's not a bad job. Fast paced in the mall, just difficult trying to sell expensive chocolate. Customers can be a bit pretentious. Cramped workspace. The strawberries are great tho.
Pros
discount on chocolate
I had a pretty great experience working at Godiva however there was at the time a lot of work politics that overshadowed the workplace and affected the staff but overall its a great company that can provide you with opportunity to thrive and do well
Pros
dipping fruits and making all the baked things for sale, greeting customers
Cons
staff
The busy season is chaos, otherwise fun employer. ever expanding knowledge of chocolate.. yes there is a lot to learn about chocolate. If you excel there is room for advancement over time.
Pros
Get to sample chocolates before seasonal launches
Cons
Slow season can be difficult to grab customers
Godiva is a fun and fast pace place to work. There is always something to do to keep you busy. The clients and customers that tend to shop at Godiva are very friendly and it's a great place to give service as the product we offer brings joy to the senses.
Pros
The product we offer
This company teaches you and provides you with the tools to provide the ultimate experience in luxury specialty goods. The chocolate quality is amazing and standards are high
One thing that is important to note is that if you are looking to work for the experience, Godiva is the right place to be. In terms of the amount of work you do, the compensation is unjust. The amount of work you do not only as a salesperson but also as a stocker is valued way more higher than what is given to the employees. Commission is not given to employees, and neither are their incentives to sell.
Pros
Discounted chocolate, caring team members
Cons
Long hours, unfair compensation
I was a keyholder at Godiva. Opening and closing the store. Opening and closing the till. Writing depostis at the end of the day. Sometimes calling head office.
Godiva is one of the best places to work. They ensure you have a work to life balance. Understand when emergencies come up and work with you. They gave a great training program and are always coaching and working with you to make a difference in helping your clients
Pros
The staff
Cons
Nit eniugh hours
Godiva is an excellent place to work. The staff and management are what make the experience that much better. The work environment is relaxed and fun as long as you do your job.
Godiva Chocolatier is a manufacturer of premium Belgium chocolates with retail locations around the world. Chocolate dipped fresh fruit daily, and hand made specialty items.
Management at my particular location was little to none. People did as they pleased, with phones in the front, eating from the chocolate window, and even drinking coffee's or their tea's in front of customers. I worked there for a bit and quickly realized these flaws, and after being bullied into submission, I got fired. Godiva has great quality chocolate, wonderful flavors, and the managers when they're at their specific location are absolutely wonderful. The employees are not the same whatsoever.
Pros
Samples
Cons
Lack of discipline
Godiva was a very fun and challenging job. Hardest but most rewarding part of the job was to find and close corporate sales.
The company Godiva was a fun company to work for and contacting Head Office regarding confidential matters was made to be easy and a comfortable experience.
High volume and over demanding targets, annual increases with overhead decreases. Bonuses for sales achievements are amazing and abundant.
Pros
exceptional perks
Cons
demanding sales goals
A typical day would begin at 9 when I would count the tills and prepare the store for opening at 9:30. Normally it would be quiet in the morning so I would dip strawberries and bananas and display them nicely in the front window. I loved working there. On breaks I got to check out sales in other stores around the mall. I quit in the summer of 2013 solely because I moved to Italy for my LDS mission.
I always learned new ways to do certain tasks at Godiva. Of course working at a chocolate store was really fun and productive. The management was amazing and we never had complains, shifts were always given out on time.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
not enough hours
I Really enjoy working in the data Entry, office work as a receptionist or others, that's what I am looking for and will keep looking till I find the field I am interested in, My current work is challenge and fun and I have very good customer service and sales skills also have excellent relations with my manager and co-workers but still not what the kind of job I am looking for
Pros
it's fun and challenge
Cons
Not the field I am looking for
No training, poor upper management, just bad.... My entire experience with this company was horrible.