Goalcast
Goalcast Employee Review

Whiplash guaranteed

11 September 2019
This was by far the most oddball experience of my life and career. If you're looking to work there, I would strongly advise you do some stringent homework and ask a lot of questions. Not because one peddles positive and life affirming stories that the work culture might be the same. Like every other Companies you interview with, you should be curious about the structure of the company; hierarchy, business plan, processes etc.
Official response from Goalcast
24 December 2019
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.

This isn't the first time our culture has been misinterpreted, and we recognize that it's not for everyone. We are all about challenging ourselves to do better, taking ownership and working hard. That said, we are open to any and all questions regarding hierarchy, our business plan and processes.
12 August 2020
Partnerships Manager (Former Employee) - Montréal, QC
Goalcast is incredible at recognizing potential in their workers and with a full team of driven and creative employees, it's a fantastic place to develop both professionally and as a human. The culture in Goalcast is based primarily around self-development, which is objectively a very good thing as it allows for vulnerability and meaningful growth with your team.
I'd strongly recommend clarifying your role, learning opportunities, and direct mentors during the interview - as well as how your role can be most efficiently done. If you're pioneering a role ask about the tools you'll have access too and which fellow employees share in your responsibilities. I experienced some confusion in these areas which led to more confusion in other areas.

Goalcast has a true leader as CEO who cares about his employees and Goalcast's direction. For me, this was one of the highlights of working there.

Overall Goalcast is a great place to develop. This companies product is truly meaningful to millions and the quirky and bright employees make it a joy to spend time in the office.
Pros
Free Lunch on Monday / access to masterclass
Cons
Managerial structure may need some work
4 December 2019
Director (Former Employee) - Montreal, QC
I worked at Goalcast for two of the most transformative years of my life. The culture IS unconventional, but it was always a great thing in my book. I wasn't looking for a typical corporate environment when I joined -- I was sick of the fakeness and wanted to be myself. I am not someone who separates work self from self, and doing so would only make me miserable.

In my opinion, this is exactly why the environment is made up of the most amazing kind of people -- people who are not afraid to reject the status quo and dream BIG. They bring their whole, authentic selves to work. They say what's on their mind, even if it's not a popular opinion or it's not stuff you would talk about in a "regular" office setting (once again, I don't care for typical corporate environments). They are passionate and care.

People who work at Goalcast all come from different walks of life yet all strive to pursue growth from one entry point or another. You'll have deep conversations and form lifelong friendships. You'll learn a lot about yourself and others. For me, the team was hands-down the most impactful and inspiring aspect of working at Goalcast. I got so inspired and grew so much that I ended up leaving the company for even bigger entrepreneurship dreams -- and my time at Goalcast actually helped me feel ready for that leap.

In terms of the day to day, you will get to be resourceful and entrepreneurial and learn by having to figure things out. There is no hand-holding. Yes, figuring things out means the leadership team doesn't have everything figured out either -- they are not afraid
 - more...
4 December 2019
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) - Montréal, QC
I love working here, there are so many opportunities to contribute and to create something meaningful not only for the team, but also for the whole world.

This team is truly inspiring and always pushes me to grow. Together we are not afraid to make mistakes, try new things, think outside the box and push our boundaries to make it happen!

On a day to day you are expected to be your own leader to take initiative and to "manage" yourself! Results matter but no one is watching the process, it is all about your own desire to make a difference and succeed!

The structure can be improved, but given that it is a start up this also allows for quicker growth and more opportunities for each individual.