Goalcast
Goalcast Employee Review

They will change the world, no matter who helps them. If you think you can help change the world, apply.

8 January 2020
the entire company is structured in the way you'd expect a motivational and life changing content creating company to be structured. They believe in the capacity of people to become their most powerful selves, and they will break you down until you become your fullest potential. If you dislike the idea of being pushed into becoming unstoppable then you won't cut it. You ought to be ready to not only become better, but also be able to take the criticism that is keeping you from being better. Brilliant people, good people all around, the only work environment I know that doesn't create an external pressure to succeed, but rather pushes for an internal pressure to succeed. Honestly, if I were capable of keeping up with the pace at which at they move, I think I would be part of the team of people who will eventually bring about immense change in the world. This isn't comfortable, this is a place for you to work yourself to the bone and be appropriately rewarded. I hope anyone who is the embodiment of pushing through obstacles applies here, no matter the position.
7 November 2019
Same location
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) - 55 avenue Mont-Royal west
DO NOT come to Goalcast expecting to have an easy time, it is absolutely NOT for the faint of heart.

BUT if you have big dreams and are serious about achieving them, what you will find here is a real team of people who do not put limits on what can be achieved, who are extremely talented at an insanely diverse set of skills, are here to support each other and be completely honest, vulnerable, who grow extremely fast AND are honest with each other about the quality of each others work.

We're constantly having conversations ranging from psychology, philosophy, art, video editing, marketing, biology, physics, social media, business and EVERYTHING in between. And everybody here has ambitions to create something that is truly special, A company of free and independent thinking empire builders so that we can create something that has never existed before. I've so many amazing people in my time here and I won't be surprised if many of the thought leaders of the future will be some friends that I've made in this place.

And the great thing is that NOBODY will be managing your time, you are completely free to work in any way that is optimal for you, However, RESULTS are expected...

Every day is different, every day is exciting, it's hard, but I've honestly never grown so much in my life.

We have a platform that reaches hundreds of millions of people every day and we're growing faster and faster.

If you dream BIG, you want to achieve your full potential and you're tired of sitting back and feeling powerless in the impact you have in the world, this is the place for you.
Pros
Radical Honesty, Complete Freedom
Cons
Lack of Structure
12 August 2020
Partnerships Manager (Former Employee) - Montréal, QC
Goalcast is incredible at recognizing potential in their workers and with a full team of driven and creative employees, it's a fantastic place to develop both professionally and as a human. The culture in Goalcast is based primarily around self-development, which is objectively a very good thing as it allows for vulnerability and meaningful growth with your team.
I'd strongly recommend clarifying your role, learning opportunities, and direct mentors during the interview - as well as how your role can be most efficiently done. If you're pioneering a role ask about the tools you'll have access too and which fellow employees share in your responsibilities. I experienced some confusion in these areas which led to more confusion in other areas.

Goalcast has a true leader as CEO who cares about his employees and Goalcast's direction. For me, this was one of the highlights of working there.

Overall Goalcast is a great place to develop. This companies product is truly meaningful to millions and the quirky and bright employees make it a joy to spend time in the office.
Pros
Free Lunch on Monday / access to masterclass
Cons
Managerial structure may need some work
4 December 2019
Director (Former Employee) - Montreal, QC
I worked at Goalcast for two of the most transformative years of my life. The culture IS unconventional, but it was always a great thing in my book. I wasn't looking for a typical corporate environment when I joined -- I was sick of the fakeness and wanted to be myself. I am not someone who separates work self from self, and doing so would only make me miserable.

In my opinion, this is exactly why the environment is made up of the most amazing kind of people -- people who are not afraid to reject the status quo and dream BIG. They bring their whole, authentic selves to work. They say what's on their mind, even if it's not a popular opinion or it's not stuff you would talk about in a "regular" office setting (once again, I don't care for typical corporate environments). They are passionate and care.

People who work at Goalcast all come from different walks of life yet all strive to pursue growth from one entry point or another. You'll have deep conversations and form lifelong friendships. You'll learn a lot about yourself and others. For me, the team was hands-down the most impactful and inspiring aspect of working at Goalcast. I got so inspired and grew so much that I ended up leaving the company for even bigger entrepreneurship dreams -- and my time at Goalcast actually helped me feel ready for that leap.

In terms of the day to day, you will get to be resourceful and entrepreneurial and learn by having to figure things out. There is no hand-holding. Yes, figuring things out means the leadership team doesn't have everything figured out either -- they are not afraid
 - more...