Goalcast
Goalcast Employee Review

Finally a place that dreams BIG!

4 December 2019
I love working here, there are so many opportunities to contribute and to create something meaningful not only for the team, but also for the whole world. This team is truly inspiring and always pushes me to grow. Together we are not afraid to make mistakes, try new things, think outside the box and push our boundaries to make it happen! On a day to day you are expected to be your own leader to take initiative and to "manage" yourself! Results matter but no one is watching the process, it is all about your own desire to make a difference and succeed! The structure can be improved, but given that it is a start up this also allows for quicker growth and more opportunities for each individual.
12 August 2020
Partnerships Manager (Former Employee) - Montréal, QC
Goalcast is incredible at recognizing potential in their workers and with a full team of driven and creative employees, it's a fantastic place to develop both professionally and as a human. The culture in Goalcast is based primarily around self-development, which is objectively a very good thing as it allows for vulnerability and meaningful growth with your team. I'd strongly recommend clarifying your role, learning opportunities, and direct mentors during the interview - as well as how your role can be most efficiently done. If you're pioneering a role ask about the tools you'll have access too and which fellow employees share in your responsibilities. I experienced some confusion in these areas which led to more confusion in other areas. Goalcast has a true leader as CEO who cares about his employees and Goalcast's direction. For me, this was one of the highlights of working there. Overall Goalcast is a great place to develop. This companies product is truly meaningful to millions and the quirky and bright employees make it a joy to spend time in the office.
Pros
Free Lunch on Monday / access to masterclass
Cons
Managerial structure may need some work
4 December 2019
Director (Former Employee) - Montreal, QC
I worked at Goalcast for two of the most transformative years of my life. The culture IS unconventional, but it was always a great thing in my book. I wasn't looking for a typical corporate environment when I joined -- I was sick of the fakeness and wanted to be myself. I am not someone who separates work self from self, and doing so would only make me miserable. In my opinion, this is exactly why the environment is made up of the most amazing kind of people -- people who are not afraid to reject the status quo and dream BIG. They bring their whole, authentic selves to work. They say what's on their mind, even if it's not a popular opinion or it's not stuff you would talk about in a "regular" office setting (once again, I don't care for typical corporate environments). They are passionate and care. People who work at Goalcast all come from different walks of life yet all strive to pursue growth from one entry point or another. You'll have deep conversations and form lifelong friendships. You'll learn a lot about yourself and others. For me, the team was hands-down the most impactful and inspiring aspect of working at Goalcast. I got so inspired and grew so much that I ended up leaving the company for even bigger entrepreneurship dreams -- and my time at Goalcast actually helped me feel ready for that leap. In terms of the day to day, you will get to be resourceful and entrepreneurial and learn by having to figure things out. There is no hand-holding. Yes, figuring things out means the leadership team doesn't have everything figured out either -- they are not afraid - more...
18 November 2019
Employee (Former Employee) - Montréal, QC
Work/Life Balance: Not great. Job Security: Zero. People get fired left and right and the turnover is very high. Everything comes down to whether the current manager personally likes you or not. Management: Incompetent. No communication between management, childish behavior. Also just an FYI, calling your team "tribe" in 2019 is just not OK. Job Culture: They are pretending to be a woke millennial company in the worst way possible. Borderline cult culture. Advice: Instead of organizing dance parties, take a course on team management.
Official response from Goalcast
18 February 2020
Hi, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate this opportunity to improve ourselves and also to bring more clarity to the issue. Job Security: We pride ourselves in being a team of A players that want to change the world. We are growing fast. This means there are moments that we need to make choices about who is aligned as we grow. When someone is not a fit, we like to deal with it right away and not waste anyone’s time. The best thing we can do for our team is to make sure everybody is pulling their weight.Management: As a start-up, we are constantly working on improving our management style and organizational structure to support open communication and decision-making.. We work hard to empower each individual to be a driving force in the company. We do this because we believe that in today’s day and age, top-down hierarchy blocks individual creativity, creating factories rather than thriving ecosystems. This can indeed create a feeling of being lost, especially for someone who is used to a more structured system where everything is dictated. Job Culture: Goalcast is not your typical workplace. We love transparency and deep real talks, we thrive on personal and professional growth and we trust that together we can achieve more. On a day to day this allows us to inspire each other, to push our boundaries and to grow together. Weekly opportunities such as our weekly team Masterminds and Gratefulness meetings allows us to create a real community and not just a workplace.