Go Auto Management reviews

Only good thing about this company is decent pay and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
From my experience after close to 2 years with the company is that they are greedy with no real investment in their staff. The only positive aspects were the pay, 3 weeks off/ year and acceptable benefits. Management was horrible, hours expected to work bring no work/life balance. Work culture is unmotivating and negative. I would NOT recommend them unless all you care about in a career is wage.
Pros
Wage, vacation time
Cons
Terrible management and negative work atmosphere, work/life balance suffers, lack of room to advance
14 May 2018

I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us during your employment. We do our best to invest in every employee with our above average pay plans, 3-5 weeks of vacation, the Go Auto University for training, our 100% employer paid health benefits, free Gym Membership; Investment Program which guarantees a minimum 10% return each year; our lunch program, generous discounts and employee of the month program. On top of the many benefits which we have invested in for our employees, we are always looking at ways to provide added opportunities for growth including internal postings and mentorship.

We recognize that this business does have you working a lot of hours so we have been planning events every year to bring you and your family together in company sponsored events such as our Oilers Skate and Sign, days at Galaxyland or the Waterpark; Movies, Castrol Raceway, Prairie Gardens and more.

If you would be open to sharing some of your suggestions on how to improve, please contact me directly at 780-733-8815.

Worst place i have ever worked
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
All I'm saying is I was a driver at South town Chrysler and it was a joke. At 3 months they turf you so they don't gotta pay benefits. Make up a bunch of lies and can't prove it when you ask them for proof of their allegations. Terrible parts department dispatcher is a you know what and manager don't stick up for his employees...worst work experience of my life. If I could give this joint a minus rating I would.
16 April 2018

We are very sorry you had a less than ideal experience at Southtown Chrysler. I can assure you that our managers do not terminate employees to avoid paying for health benefits. If you would like to go over your concerns in more detail, I would be very interested in chatting. My number is 780-733-8815.

Horrible management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Canada6 March 2018
Absolutely horrible, self serving and dishonest management.
This company seems to be keen on hiring young managers with little to no experience, and systematically getting rid of older staff to keep a certain image.
Very secretive about replacing staff and will hire and train management at different locations so you don’t know you’re about to be let go.
Monitors all communication at Head Office covertly, so be careful what you say to anyone at work or online.
12 March 2018

I am sorry you had a negative experience at one of our locations. We do our best to ensure all of our staff are performing at the highest level. I can assure you that we do not have a plan to systematically get rid of older staff as you mentioned in your review. We also do not have a team that will covertly monitor communication among staff. If you would be interested in discussing this further, I can be reached at 780-733-8815.

2 Year employee!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 February 2018
Well.. most people hate going to work every day, I - do not! I started in the car industry at Go Auto Dodge in Red Deer. The crew their was amazing and I learned a ton about the industry. I quickly moved up to management at a different Go Auto store in Red Deer and it has a been an absolute joy to work here. Every day I come to work, I learn something new. Upper management (John & Casey) do their best to make sure all of the employees here are happy and providing for their families.
Pros
Learning every day!
Cons
Absolutely none!
5 March 2018

Thank you for the great review! I am very excited to hear things are going well.

Aggresive and unpleasant work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2018
be very careful about which branch you work for. They will hire you as full time and then lay you off before the three months so they don't have to pay benefits. And they actually have you train your own replacement (without knowing it). Management does not care at all about the employees (unless you are their favorite pet). Aggressive and unpleasant work environment. Not the most ethical company out there.
Pros
i had some weekends off
Cons
Unethical, they lie to you and mangement really does not care about anyone but themselves.
26 February 2018

Hello - My name is Brent Lazanik and I look after Human Resources for Go Auto. Trustworthy, Happy to Help and Team Player are the 3 core values we expect all of our employees to live by. If one of our employees are doing something outside of that, we would be interested in investigating further. Would it be possible to reach out to me directly at 780-733-8815 to discuss further?

Customer Bad Review
worst job (Former Employee) –  edmonton16 February 2018
I was at the go kia on gateway 2 times now getting my vehicle looked at and serviced when I watched the manager go in on his staff. He is the same way towards customers with concerns he is rude and needs to be fired and I don't even know how this man has a job I know this was a manager because I asked the service advisor why this guy comes to work if all he does is act like that to his staff and customers. worst management is at that place I probably wont be returning.
Cons
management sucks
20 February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. We are disappointed to hear you did not receive top-notch customer service from us and would like the opportunity to try and make this right with you. Please reach out to us at 780-777-7777 when you have a chance so we can discuss your concerns in hopes of resolving this matter to your satisfaction.

worst place i have ever worked
Apprentice Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2018
if service mangers screaming at employess and threating to fire someone in front of the hole shop is go autos idea of getting the best of people then good job. If going to work full of anixety and afraid to make a mistake because you no the service manger is going to be right there to lose it on you then good job go auto. worst place i have ever at.
Pros
Cons
mangement sucks
12 February 2018

This is definitely not a good representation of how we expect our managers to treat our employees. I would be very interested in speaking with you in a more private setting to discuss this further. My name is Brent Lazanik and I look after HR for the group. I can be reached at 780-733-8815.

Fantastic Team Environment with advancement potential!!!
Team Lead Finance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
Going on 17 years with "Go Auto" . I can't think of another place I would want to work. I have been able to over the years advance to the position I am at now. I started out at the dealership in the accounting department. Go Auto notices when employees put in effort and go above and beyond and are not just there for a pay cheque but there for a career. I LOVE the open door policy and that management values my opinions . Knowledge is not withheld and if there is something I would like to learn about ,my manager is more than willing to share their knowledge. Regular training sessions are hosted so that agents can learn new skills or brush up on ones that are a little bit rusty . Our department works as a team and towards a common goal and it makes for a very happy work environment . Go Auto was able to accommodate my unique work schedule situation as I able to prove to them over the years I am an employee that will go above and beyond and with helping me , it also benefits them. I recommend to people looking to get on with a great company to apply with Go Auto.
Pros
Great work environment, great pay, room for advancement
Cons
parking at work .. need more spaces ..
Great Experience - Great Colleagues
Finance (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 December 2017
Managers that are excited to see your success and keep you motivated.
I heard, “I’m excited are you excited almost every day from the GM. Management wasn’t afraid to make changes or to listen to suggestions if they had merit.

Great people everywhere, good team culture from detail dept to management. Working at Go RV was a good experience. I’d recommend Go to anyone looking for a great employment experience.
Pros
Well structured finance office, strong sales managers, great team
Cons
I’d have liked to be able to get to Go U more often. Winter work for RV platform employees.
4 Year Employee - LOVING IT!
Sales Professional, Sales & Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton24 November 2017
I've been with Go Auto since 2014. I started off in sales, then into management since 2016. Great company to work for, internal development training classes available(great for people new the business), great career growth opportunities internally, lunch program, monthly & yearly performance awards... the list goes on. Overall a great company to work for and I don't see myself moving to any other company any time soon.
Pros
Great Advancement Opportunity
Cons
No Vision with benefits
Favoritism at its finest
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 November 2017
While working at GO RV you'll be told everything you want to hear and how valued you are to them... that is until you prove the management wrong or dig your heals in because they are having you do something questionable, then you are shown the door. Don't you dare have your own ideas or thoughts in this place. They are constantly looking for the "YES MAN", the employee who will just bow down to them and jump as high as they ask you to. if you want to change your personal life to just working at all hours, on call at all times this might be the place for you. If over cooked burgers once a week during busy season is enough benefit for you then go for it.
Pros
huge range of tasks
Cons
long hours, huge exceptions, better then thou attitude from management
28 November 2017

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience at Go RV. If you are open to chatting further, please reach out to us at 780-483-4024.

Poor management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Managers willing to throw their staff under the bus. Put you on salary and make you work extra days and long hours for no extra pay but deduct days if you need time off. It's all about the dollar and as staff you're just another number.
6 November 2017

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience as a Service Advisor. If you are open to chatting further, please reach out to us at 780-483-4024.

No pay raise system poor management
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2017
Not a good company to work at. They don’t have a pay raise system so whatever they say to pay you will be that for your position hired. If not get promoted your only sitting on the same salary. Management is not good at all! They would make it look like your well recognized by having staff lunches but your not really rewarded individually as an employee there. If they find something they don’t like about you yes easy lay off is what your expecting and without good reasons.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Poor management
6 November 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a great experience. Raises are issued based on many different factors including merit, added responsibility or promotion to name a few. We are always looking at new ways to recognize our employees hard work and would love to hear your suggestions. Please contact us at 780-483-4024.

OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
Decisions made are what management feels will benefit both the customer and employee. There are a lot of attempts to streamline things. Yes they don't always work out but constantly trying new things brings up opportunities to grow.
Productive and lots of freebies
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
A typical day at work is fun and full of interaction between employees, no pressure. In my stay with the company, I was able to enhance my ability to handle pressure because of the unpredictable nature of my work. I learned to work between departments: sales, service and parts with ease. I become skilled at professional auto detailing and paint protection film installation. I could hardly feel the initiatives from the management with regards to lifting or giving chances to its potential employees, their guidelines were not clearly defined. The people I worked with are awesome, they keep me going. Scheduling was the hardest part of my job, everything seems to be unorganized. Barbecue, quarter awards night and Wednesday wings night are the part that I enjoyed the most.
Pros
Employee price discounts
Cons
no room for improvement on the position that i held
Great people and great atmosphere
Sales Consultant/Internet Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2016
A typical day at work consists of creating and follow up on leads, talking to customers on the car lot and negotiations in between. I have grown as a sales professional and as an individual. At first it was very hard for me to put myself out there and talk to new people in and outside of work. This profession has taught me how to talk to customers on a personal and professional level to relate to every type of person. Being a female in the sales world can be very difficult for some, my management and co workers have taken me in and treated me like family from the very start. The hardest part of my job is getting those customers that are fresh off the lot to commit that day to purchasing a vehicle. The most enjoyable part of my job is the types of people you meet on a daily basis and what you learn from them.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Great People, Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Good people. Terrible management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2016
This company offers you the moon and then do not keep there word. The service and parts management is nothing short of a joke. They have managers that are way to comfortable in there positions. And they are out of touch with reality. No people skills at all. The staff carry the load and get absolutely no recognition. If the management has an issue with you they just lay you off.
Pros
A few bbq
Cons
Name it.
worst place i have ever worked hands down.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB5 February 2016
Go auto/ go rv has been the worst operated place i have ever worked. Management is terrible, too many hands in the cookie jar they dont know which way is up. My experience was terrible and i would never recommend anyone to work here ever. If you do something they dont like they dont warn you they just lay you off!!!
Pros
Cons
management is terrible
Poor leadership with no vision
SALES (Former Employee) –  INFINITY4 December 2015
No vision management
Can not see big picture..
They believe in closing doors instead a fair internal audit.
Not an eqaul opportunity employer.
Great salary / benefit, poor life balance
Sales (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 November 2015
The work environment is great, but a typical day at work requires long hours and you must be able to handle pressure. The work compensation pays you well, but due to the amount of work and hours that needs to be put in, the ratio of compensation does not balance to your life. Most of the people working for GoAuto often have no life outside of work because you basically wake up to go to work for more than 8 hours (average 10 ~ 12 hrs) and go home to sleep. They do not give you any coffee or fixed lunch hours in between, so if a customer walks in while eating, your lunch hour is gone. You eat whenever you're free.
Pros
Free lunche Saturdays; good pay; nice staff to work with; lots of company dinners
Cons
High pressure; long hours, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Auto. Our community is ready to answer.