Go Auto logo
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

Go Auto Employee Reviews

2.9
Work-life balance

Great place to start, terrible place to finish

The peak of being an employee at goauto (OUTLETS) is long gone. If you're novice at selling cars and need a start go ahead and work here but if you survive and become a good-great sales person then leave and find a better place to work as soon as you're confident. you need to be a self starter in the outlets platform. management has no idea how to train and grow a person. i was very successful here so I took my talents to a better dealership and feel like i spent way to long at go auto outlet. im not saying dont work here, im saying dont stay here no matter what they tell you. they will promise anything to keep people. lies. only speaking for the outlets. cant say anything about the rest of goauto.

Pros

free lunches, can be fun at times with coworkers, down time

Cons

$400 a car and no bonuses, 4 hour shifts on Sundays, management

5 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I would be very interested to hear why you were not able to grow with Go Auto Outlet or potentially with another one of our stores. If you are open to a chat to discuss further, please give me a shout at 780-733-8815.- Brent

Garbage company

They used to be great... back before the first Go-pression.... every year they get worse and worse.. reduction of benefits down to the barebones. Poor pay structures that change the minute you get close to achieving them.

Cons

Hours customers management

Parts advisor with experience but no guidance here

This Sucks to say but I'll be honest..Great people but management will not get to know you or show you the ropes And blame you for all your downfalls like you should know but to be honest your new and every company is different. Also would be nice if they talked to you about problems not just give your the the silent treatment when they're upset with u.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No guidance, manager will hold things against you

1 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you did not receive the leadership you required. I would love to look into this further so we can ensure that this does not happen again. Please call me at 780-733-8815.- Brent Lazanik

Not fun

If you like long hours and are industrious with all of your time, you will thrive. Cutting pay and pay plans never will keep long term moral. Anyone who's really good will leave once they realize there's more elsewhere.

14 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the performance-based pay plan and the hours. I would love to chat to find out how we could have improved. I can be reached at 780-733-8815.- Brent Lazanik

Very unprofessional and like to waste peoples time

Management are very unprofessional. They like to waste your time. No time management skills. Don’t waste your time even working here, you will be greatly disappointed. Not one thing positive about this dealership.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional, lazy people

14 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear your experience as a PPF Installer was not a positive one. I would love to chat to find out how we could have improved. I can be reached at 780-733-8815.- Brent Lazanik

Worst place to work

Terrible management, especially the controller. They act like they have your back at the beginning but don’t accept those who make mistakes. The controller is rude and makes you feel uncomfortable. They get very little business. Sales side managers are ok but would stay away from head office

8 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I would be interested in hearing more about your specific situation in Calgary. My name is Brent Lazanik and I can be reached at 780-733-8815

Poor Management Skills

This company is all about who you know and not what you know. They have poor management teams who dont think twice of embarrassing employees and have no sense of team. The management team is out to make themselves look good and dont care about others.

8 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I would be interested in hearing more about your specific situation and how your management embarrassed you. We take employee experience very seriously. My name is Brent Lazanik and I can be reached at 780-733-8815

The Outlet Platform is a great place to grow your skills.

I have been with Go Auto for the past year and have no complaints. I started here with zero automotive sales experience and am now taking my career to the next level. Great management team that is always eager to teach. To anyone looking who is looking to get there career started, I would highly recommend Go Auto Outlet.

Pros

Opportunity for growth, they promote within, massive costumer database

Cons

Long hours, refusing cash deals

25 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us an honest review. If there is ever anything we can do to improve, please let us know!

Amazing workplace culture

I wish I applied to Go Auto much sooner than I did! Such a supportive and up-best workplace environment. I can honestly say I love my job, and is great to know that my bosses care about me and have always supported my business initiatives.I see myself staying at Go Auto for the rest of my career.

Pros

Go Bistro, Go University, Free Gym Membership!

Cons

Long hours... But thats sales!

5 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! If there is ever anything we can improve on, please let us know!-Brent

Lots of money to be made. Tons of opportunity.

I worked for Go Auto for just shy of 6 years. I’ve moved between sales, internet management, and finance manager. It was a blast! I’ve brought friends onboard and they’ve all done very well for themselves.

Pros

Excellent training

Jobs at Go Auto

See more jobs

Good Company - Endless Advancement Opportunities

I have been an employee for 4 years and have advanced through multiple roles between a few stores at Go Auto. I started as a receptionist and am now an Inventory Manager. The benefits are good, holidays are excellent (I never have an issue getting time off plus 3 weeks for new employees), and there is a FREE gym membership included in the benfits as well!

Pros

Benefits, Advancement, Work Culture

Cons

No meal program in Red Deer, boo.

28 September 2020
I wish there was a meal program in Red Deer! Unfortunately the food would be cold after a 90 minute drive :)Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Great fun place to work!

Love the people I work with, management is always happy to help, pay is rewarding! Lots of opportunity to move up with so many locations, the career path with Go Auto is endless!

Pros

Great staff, great pay

24 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! If there is anything we can improve on, let us know!

It’s car sales!! On Monday morning you suck as a human being. No schedule 5-6 days off tops on a month. Made to feel you are stupid on a daily basis. What a wonderful place to work. The higher you go the worse it is.

24 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time in the car business. I would be interested to hear more about your experience. I can be reached at 780-733-8815.

Great staff, Helpful team members

Coming to Go Dodge from Oilfield related background, I started off as a Lot Attendant and progressed my way into detail. After that, I was doing some back end work in the shop for whatever they needed along with Oil Changes and Tire Rotations. As of recent, I joined the Sales Team and have been working with the members for 5 days now and have sold 4 units so far! I am excited to see where this new path brings me as the company is known to promote from within, which they have been, and I plan on working my way up the ladder with Go Auto!

Pros

Great Staff, Great Work Environment

9 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I love the continued growth! If there is anything we can do to make your review a 5/5, please let us know!- Brent Lazanik780-733-8815

Things were great until covid

Let go after COVID-19 lay-off I was told that the business was not there only to see an add for the same position that same week I was always early and stayed late I was not only up to date on the factory training but had completed the optional courses

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No security

31 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear you are no longer with us but it sounds like you had a great experience with us prior to the pandemic. If there is anything you would like to discuss, please give me a shout at 780-733-8815.- Brent Lazanik

Great colleagues, awful customers.

Didn't mind my position with the company, was there for 2 yrs. "Temporarily" laid off when covid hit and was told 2 months later that I would not be returning and my lay-off is now permanent. Told there may be a chance of returning to work in 2021. Pretty gross that the company used the pandemic to get rid of employees and now I'm not sure if I'm making rent next month.

Pros

Good colleagues, good manager

Cons

Greedy corporate, not appreciated

19 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. My name is Brent Lazanik and I am the Director of Talent Acquisition with Go Auto. Sorry to hear you were not recalled to work. From the sounds of your review, business had not picked up enough to bring you back to work before the temporary layoff period had ended. Hopefully things do pick up at your store in the future and we can discuss bringing you back.If you would like to chat further, I can be reached at 780-733-8815

Avoid if you value yourself and your time

I'll start by saying the year and change our store went through 4 pay plan changes all for the worse, for COVID they let go a ton of staff which is understandable but instead of supporting those still working with danger pay, they SLASHED it to the ground. When they called back staff they started with managers and forced them to come back, those that didn't return when asked coincidentally were either let go or forced to a different store in a junior role. During new employee orientation you will be asked to leave a 5 star review after they make the place sound like the perfect place to work instant red flag.... Be prepared to work 7 days 60+ hours a week for 40-60k a year, of the cars you do sell 75% plus of the deals will have a ton of heat attached due to greed and finance dodging your customer calls and emails. Cold calls, massively flooded floors, all of the used cars they don't fix anything just inspect them and most the time they're garbage, and you're selling a vehicle that already has issues you just aren't allowed to tell the customers, the entire open floor punishes you for taking a day off because so many people come to work on their off time to make a living. The good, the lunch program is exceptional, I met some friends that will probably be life long, some of the training is decent. Staff deals on cars are great The bad, leadership aren't leaders, they're finger pointers and will throw you under a bus anytime, the place is all about money, you're just a number and they make you feel like it. Many of the stores will hire only female members for finance -

Pros

saturday lunches

Cons

terrible leadership team

25 August 2020
I would love to provide stats and facts. The only thing that I would be able to comment on without understanding who you are, when you worked for us and which store you worked for would be the request to leave a review. At the end of new staff orientation, I share information on how to leave us a review. At this time, I ask everybody, once they have worked with us long enough to see first hand how great we are, to leave us a review. I point out that at the time of orientation, you likely have not worked with us long enough to review us. I also provide my contact info to discuss any issues you might be having so that they can be resolved before you become unhappy. If you would like to chat more about your specific situation, I am always available to chat. As you mentioned me by name in your review, I can assume you have my contact info. If not, it is 780-733-8815.

Management Has Favourites - No Business Growth

This has got to be one of the most disorganized groups I’ve ever been with in the auto industry. Management is happy with mediocre performance from all departments. If you aren’t a favourite or sleep with your boss then you probably won’t do well with this group. Pay plan is not on par with other dealers in the industry and there is little to no training to advance your skills. All in all I wouldn’t recommend working for the Go group.

Pros

Good Co-workers

Cons

Poorly Managed

30 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. My name is Brent Lazanik and I am the director of talent acquisition with Go Auto. I am sorry to hear your experience was not good at one of our Red Deer locations. We take pride in high performance and our Go Auto University. We regularly reward top performers through pay and additional incentives such as our President's Circle trip which the top Service Advisor's in the group go on. Our Go Auto University holds regular in-person and streaming (for those not able to make it to Edmonton) classes including ones designed to elevate the performance of Service Advisors. These are taught by long term leaders in the group. I am also confused by the title of the review as our business has grown each year since we started. I would be very interested in hearing more from you and can be reached at 780-733-8815.

Awesome company with great corporate culture

Awesome company, awesome people. Everyone was very patient and helpful when I first started, explaining everything clearly. Their management team is great, always looking to elevate your skills and challenge you to become better. They have great benefits and an outstanding Lunch Program! Highly recommend working for Go Auto!

Pros

Benefits, Vacation, Employee Perks

27 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! If there is anything we could ever do to make your experience even better, please let us know!- Brent Lazanik780-733-8815

Loyal employee of 6 years...Then Covid had to ruin everything...

I started with Go Auto over 6 years ago. I was super happy within my role. I had clear expectations, and was very happy to come to work everyday. I was very lucky to have an amazing team and close relationship with management. I was very comfortable to speak my truth, challenge my superiors if I had to, and for the most part felt heard, and appreciated. Covid hit. We lost 90%+ of our staff... we were overworked and got our wages SLASHED without any warning. Made it seem temporary... when in reality it's still slashed after 3-4 months in. Management changed suddenly, and communication went silent. Leadership? Non-existent. Thanks from corporate?...HA! one email over the course of months. No one stepped up to MANAGE the staff. Staff needed guidance and in my eyes, it seemed that the management they had come in didn't care. I spent a month trying to figure out my place, where I stood, and where management wanted the business to move towards (especially within the Covid climate). I had ideas... no one wanted to listen... I had the drive to do the work... management told me "you have higher expectations than what we have of you"... Their response to getting our wages cut "we expect business to slow... so just do 25% less..." --- this isn't me. I wanted to fight for the business... I wanted to see this through... I was used to giving 110% everyday... But everyone else seemed to do the absolute bare minimum. I sat down multiple times with new management, and each time my concerns were not heard. My character was questioned. I was resentful and anxious all the time... and -

20 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I would be intersted in hearing more about your experience and which store you were working for. I can be reached at 780-733-8815.- Brent Lazanik

A bunch of liars

All the hours you want??? Ahahahah the Go auto Burlington store is a complete joke. Do not listen them! Very slow dealership. Management is a complete joke including the service manager. She pretends she knows what’s going on but honestly she has no clue. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere to work. Thank me later.

Pros

Vacation

Cons

Bad management, low hours

20 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience but this review could not be further from the truth! We would be happy to show you the type of work going through the shop right now. My name is Brent Lazanik and I can be reached at 780-733-8815 if you would like more information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Auto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7