Go Auto Employee Reviews

Great career potential
Fixed Operationa Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2018
Over 8 years with GoAuto. Great company to work for overall. Good pay, great benefits, vacation time generous with 3 weeks after 1 year is better than any other company that I have worked for. Plenty of opportunity to advance for those that are driven and strive to succeed.
Pros
Feel valued and appreciated
Needs a lot of work
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2018
Go Auto has the right ideas when it comes to how a dealership should function. problem is, there's a lot that happens in there where it would be impossible to monitor without having an administrative member there 11 hours a day. There's a vast difference between the treatment of sales and sales management (Not all of them) and the treatment of service employees. Don't believe me? Look at the positions leaving good reviews and look at who's leaving bad reviews. If you're good at selling cars, you'll be treated better than others and I understand that. But, it becomes a problem when they think they run the business and can treat others unfavourably.
Pros
Decent compensation, Great co-workers
Cons
Sales is treated like royalty where is service isn't so much, General Manager seems to not acknowledge service issues, Criticism is never constructive (Sometimes destructive), Training is not as available as advertised
12 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am not sure which dealership specifically you are working for but would love the opportunity to chat with you in more detail about some of your issues. I can be reached at 780-733-8815.

laid back and fun
Give customers amazing customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
Everyone in the office was easy going and extremely open minded. we had dogs come visit out office every other day. Filled with lots of laughter and free coffee.
22 October 2018

Who doesn't love dogs, laughter and free coffee!? Thanks for the great review!

Not productive, unhealthy, no advancement, horrible service manager, stressfull.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2018
(GO HONDA)
Great coworker's but... current managers are unable to live up to promises and expectations set in interview stages creating a lack of trust and confidence in the work place. ( ex. manager says one thing - it dosnt happen) unreliable work setting and not a happy/healthy work environment. This is the most respectable way i can put it.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Service Manager
27 August 2018

I am sorry to hear that there were some promises made that were not followed up on. That is never our intent so I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail. My name is Brent Lazanik and I look after Human Resources for our group. My number is 780-733-8815. Please phone me anytime to discuss.

Only good thing about this company is decent pay and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
From my experience after close to 2 years with the company is that they are greedy with no real investment in their staff. The only positive aspects were the pay, 3 weeks off/ year and acceptable benefits. Management was horrible, hours expected to work bring no work/life balance. Work culture is unmotivating and negative. I would NOT recommend them unless all you care about in a career is wage.
Pros
Wage, vacation time
Cons
Terrible management and negative work atmosphere, work/life balance suffers, lack of room to advance
14 May 2018

I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us during your employment. We do our best to invest in every employee with our above average pay plans, 3-5 weeks of vacation, the Go Auto University for training, our 100% employer paid health benefits, free Gym Membership; Investment Program which guarantees a minimum 10% return each year; our lunch program, generous discounts and employee of the month program. On top of the many benefits which we have invested in for our employees, we are always looking at ways to provide added opportunities for growth including internal postings and mentorship.

We recognize that this business does have you working a lot of hours so we have been planning events every year to bring you and your family together in company sponsored events such as our Oilers Skate and Sign, days at Galaxyland or the Waterpark; Movies, Castrol Raceway, Prairie Gardens and more.

If you would be open to sharing some of your suggestions on how to improve, please contact me directly at 780-733-8815.

Worst place i have ever worked
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
All I'm saying is I was a driver at South town Chrysler and it was a joke. At 3 months they turf you so they don't gotta pay benefits. Make up a bunch of lies and can't prove it when you ask them for proof of their allegations. Terrible parts department dispatcher is a you know what and manager don't stick up for his employees...worst work experience of my life. If I could give this joint a minus rating I would.
16 April 2018

We are very sorry you had a less than ideal experience at Southtown Chrysler. I can assure you that our managers do not terminate employees to avoid paying for health benefits. If you would like to go over your concerns in more detail, I would be very interested in chatting. My number is 780-733-8815.

Poor management, HR is worse
service department (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 April 2018
I only have 20 years automotive experience. This company bought the franchise I had been employed at for 12 years and started pushing employees out the door. Out of 65 original staff I understand eight remaining. One of the first to be let GO was a severely handicapped co-worker.
They have no tact nor class, rather than re-train or work with what they had they hired newbies.
Pros
leaving at end of day
Cons
yes they are
9 April 2018

Hi there - I am truly sorry you had a negative experience while working for us. Your review did not mention why management is poor or HR is worse so I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see how we can improve. My name is Brent Lazanik and can be reached at 780-733-8815. I look forward to chatting with you.

go kia best place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2018
go kia is the best place work over all goauto is an awesome company i work for them almost 3 years , leave kia to the head office to work in the kitchen the excitive chef is awesome , but a filpino lady there and 3 other chef are not nice people to work around , they find so many things ti put me down there to get rid of me and it did work they had a sandwhich competition for all the cooks and i came second and from that , i can feel there bad face towards me daily !! until one day the chef told me my service is not needed , i bet those 3 or still in the kitchen ? that filipino claim she is the best cookie baker but she is fooling herself . but i leave the to God . But over all i wont let those bad eggs spoil the reputation of Jared company go auto auto is awesome he just need to do a house cleaning and get rid of some bad weed.
Pros
awesome company
Cons
not all employee are with you.
2 April 2018

Thank you for the 5 stars! We appreciate the great rating and congrats on the Sandwich contest - I wish I could have tried it!

Horrible management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Canada6 March 2018
Absolutely horrible, self serving and dishonest management.
This company seems to be keen on hiring young managers with little to no experience, and systematically getting rid of older staff to keep a certain image.
Very secretive about replacing staff and will hire and train management at different locations so you don’t know you’re about to be let go.
Monitors all communication at Head Office covertly, so be careful what you say to anyone at work or online.
12 March 2018

I am sorry you had a negative experience at one of our locations. We do our best to ensure all of our staff are performing at the highest level. I can assure you that we do not have a plan to systematically get rid of older staff as you mentioned in your review. We also do not have a team that will covertly monitor communication among staff. If you would be interested in discussing this further, I can be reached at 780-733-8815.

2 Year employee!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 February 2018
Well.. most people hate going to work every day, I - do not! I started in the car industry at Go Auto Dodge in Red Deer. The crew their was amazing and I learned a ton about the industry. I quickly moved up to management at a different Go Auto store in Red Deer and it has a been an absolute joy to work here. Every day I come to work, I learn something new. Upper management (John & Casey) do their best to make sure all of the employees here are happy and providing for their families.
Pros
Learning every day!
Cons
Absolutely none!
5 March 2018

Thank you for the great review! I am very excited to hear things are going well.

Aggresive and unpleasant work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2018
be very careful about which branch you work for. They will hire you as full time and then lay you off before the three months so they don't have to pay benefits. And they actually have you train your own replacement (without knowing it). Management does not care at all about the employees (unless you are their favorite pet). Aggressive and unpleasant work environment. Not the most ethical company out there.
Pros
i had some weekends off
Cons
Unethical, they lie to you and mangement really does not care about anyone but themselves.
26 February 2018

Hello - My name is Brent Lazanik and I look after Human Resources for Go Auto. Trustworthy, Happy to Help and Team Player are the 3 core values we expect all of our employees to live by. If one of our employees are doing something outside of that, we would be interested in investigating further. Would it be possible to reach out to me directly at 780-733-8815 to discuss further?

Customer Bad Review
worst job (Former Employee) –  edmonton16 February 2018
I was at the go kia on gateway 2 times now getting my vehicle looked at and serviced when I watched the manager go in on his staff. He is the same way towards customers with concerns he is rude and needs to be fired and I don't even know how this man has a job I know this was a manager because I asked the service advisor why this guy comes to work if all he does is act like that to his staff and customers. worst management is at that place I probably wont be returning.
Cons
management sucks
20 February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. We are disappointed to hear you did not receive top-notch customer service from us and would like the opportunity to try and make this right with you. Please reach out to us at 780-777-7777 when you have a chance so we can discuss your concerns in hopes of resolving this matter to your satisfaction.

worst place i have ever worked
Apprentice Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2018
if service mangers screaming at employess and threating to fire someone in front of the hole shop is go autos idea of getting the best of people then good job. If going to work full of anixety and afraid to make a mistake because you no the service manger is going to be right there to lose it on you then good job go auto. worst place i have ever at.
Pros
Cons
mangement sucks
12 February 2018

This is definitely not a good representation of how we expect our managers to treat our employees. I would be very interested in speaking with you in a more private setting to discuss this further. My name is Brent Lazanik and I look after HR for the group. I can be reached at 780-733-8815.

Fantastic Team Environment with advancement potential!!!
Team Lead Finance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
Going on 17 years with "Go Auto" . I can't think of another place I would want to work. I have been able to over the years advance to the position I am at now. I started out at the dealership in the accounting department. Go Auto notices when employees put in effort and go above and beyond and are not just there for a pay cheque but there for a career. I LOVE the open door policy and that management values my opinions . Knowledge is not withheld and if there is something I would like to learn about ,my manager is more than willing to share their knowledge. Regular training sessions are hosted so that agents can learn new skills or brush up on ones that are a little bit rusty . Our department works as a team and towards a common goal and it makes for a very happy work environment . Go Auto was able to accommodate my unique work schedule situation as I able to prove to them over the years I am an employee that will go above and beyond and with helping me , it also benefits them. I recommend to people looking to get on with a great company to apply with Go Auto.
Pros
Great work environment, great pay, room for advancement
Cons
parking at work .. need more spaces ..
Great Experience - Great Colleagues
Finance (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 December 2017
Managers that are excited to see your success and keep you motivated.
I heard, “I’m excited are you excited almost every day from the GM. Management wasn’t afraid to make changes or to listen to suggestions if they had merit.

Great people everywhere, good team culture from detail dept to management. Working at Go RV was a good experience. I’d recommend Go to anyone looking for a great employment experience.
Pros
Well structured finance office, strong sales managers, great team
Cons
I’d have liked to be able to get to Go U more often. Winter work for RV platform employees.
I very much enjoy working with Go Auto
Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2017
I have worked with Go Auto for 2 years.
I started off making just over minimum wage based on selling only a few cars. Today I currently one of the top preforming sales people in the company and compensated accordingly.
If you want to succeed in Go Auto you need to be willing to give more than the average. This is business is for people who want more from life, and are motivated to make it happen.
Pros
Huge Earning Potential
Cons
Longer hours, but seeing the pay checks makes it ok
4 Year Employee - LOVING IT!
Sales Professional, Sales & Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton24 November 2017
I've been with Go Auto since 2014. I started off in sales, then into management since 2016. Great company to work for, internal development training classes available(great for people new the business), great career growth opportunities internally, lunch program, monthly & yearly performance awards... the list goes on. Overall a great company to work for and I don't see myself moving to any other company any time soon.
Pros
Great Advancement Opportunity
Cons
No Vision with benefits
Favoritism at its finest
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 November 2017
While working at GO RV you'll be told everything you want to hear and how valued you are to them... that is until you prove the management wrong or dig your heals in because they are having you do something questionable, then you are shown the door. Don't you dare have your own ideas or thoughts in this place. They are constantly looking for the "YES MAN", the employee who will just bow down to them and jump as high as they ask you to. if you want to change your personal life to just working at all hours, on call at all times this might be the place for you. If over cooked burgers once a week during busy season is enough benefit for you then go for it.
Pros
huge range of tasks
Cons
long hours, huge exceptions, better then thou attitude from management
28 November 2017

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience at Go RV. If you are open to chatting further, please reach out to us at 780-483-4024.

Very productive and Fun place to be
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 November 2017
Morning will start great. Lovely and Friendly people are always welcoming you to the office. Goes from our receptionist to our Sales managers. Every body seems to be looking for one thing in the morning... Coffee that might be! Or simply a sticky lint roller to remove dog hair...

My most enjoyable part of the Job was Free Lunches. Company would allow me to expense it at the end of every month 100%.
Pros
Great Employee Benefits
Cons
Things happen too fast
Poor management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Managers willing to throw their staff under the bus. Put you on salary and make you work extra days and long hours for no extra pay but deduct days if you need time off. It's all about the dollar and as staff you're just another number.
6 November 2017

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience as a Service Advisor. If you are open to chatting further, please reach out to us at 780-483-4024.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Auto. Our community is ready to answer.