Here to help: Coronavirus update

GNC Employee Reviews

Canada113 reviews
Great Place
I worked with GNC during the gold old days in 2006. They paid out high PM's and I had an all-star team.
We had the same team of 6 employees for nearly 5 years straight and we all made good money, mainly because we were in Ontario's largest and busiest mall.

We would make over $200 daily in PM's so it was killer money for young people and part-timers.

We had a great manager who was stern but fair and ran a good store. I honestly had a great time working there.
Decent job, not worth it
Does not pay nearly enough for what they expect of you. High pressure sales. Meet numbers.
Very coorperate.

Treating employees terrible during the COVID crisis. No cleaning supplies.
Used to be a great place of employment
Major shift in culture with new leadership team that was brought in. Poorly organized business structure. Last few months felt like I was working at a barn surrounded by headless chickens.
Great place to work with the right team
overall my experience at GNC has been great the crew you have really makes a difference in wether or not you will enjoy and thrive in the workplace. That being said the big wiggs of the company are sub par.
Get job to gain knowledge of the health and wellness industry
Great place to work. Company pays a lot of attention to sales associates and management, and are always open to new ideas. I worked with some amazing managers and sales associates that always made for a fun day of going to work.
Good job for education in the supplement industry
Slow-paced but informative work, contact learning and updating knowledge on brands, productions, and changes within the supplement industry. Overall was a good experience.
Worst working experience
One of the worst places you can work. If you are the manager you can somewhat make your store enjoyable based on who you hire.

Expect NO help for anything from upper management as they do not understand the products or business in general.

0 room to grow in the company, underpaid weekly and it is expected that you work for free at times.
A business that will eventually close there doors
They have closed over 900 stores within Canada and the US. Canada still doesn’t have its own website so customers get terribly confused. They still have the gold card system so you still have to pay $10 just to get the member price instead of the non member price (20% difference). Finally, they fired everyone in there head office and replaced them with people that don’t even know what they are doing. Sad the company took such a turn.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GNC?
Always learning about new products
Good commission, flexible house and work life balance. Always learning about the products and general supplementation. Discount isn't that great but worth it on special occasions.
Overall good work balance
Overall, enjoyed working at GNC. It was a team effort. Duties included a scope of activities such as markdowns, displays, inventory schedules, working alone or with a group. Wage was good until the closure of the store.
Pros
commissions
Cons
store closing
It would be a great place to work but it would all depend on your manager.
It would be a great place to work but it would all depend on your manager. I had the opportunity to learn about a lot of supplements. I enjoyed helping customers achieve their goals by recommending products I truly believed that could help them.
Productive and manageable workplace
Best place to learn more about the nutritional products and healthy lifestyle.
The hardest part of this job to describe more about the products but i enjoyed that thing.
Excellent and knowledgeable workplace to learn
Very knowledgeable and customer-oriented workplace. Working place with minimal supervision with suggestive selling and suggested ways to care for goods and health.
Freat place to work
A nice place to work they also provide you with enough training and the management is great there no issues to me as an student who may need time off work for seminars and classes.
Gnc is a great place
Very nice place to work. If you're passionate about health and fitness, this is a great place for you. Flexible hours, great staff and the discount is nice.
Nice Job
I really enjoy this job. The only Downside is when upper management sets new rules and changes some operative characteristics on the system without telling us. Also the amount of hours that are given to employees are not enough.
Enjoyed working for my manager more than the company
I was brought into GNC at store level by a friend after moving back into my home town. I excelled at the position and quickly moved into managing my own store. After managing for about 5 years, I accepted a position in the Canadian Head office. Once I was at the head office I realized that the major hurdle is the US office. The US office sets unrealistic goals, refuses to help you, denies you the things you need to obtain to achieve the goals, refuses to update your systems and hardware, and forces changes on you that best serve their stores which do not work on your outdated systems.
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
Unrealistic goals, Work tasks outside of job title, Work load greater than a 40 hour work week
Sales Experience
GNC is a good place for increasing knowledge in health, sales experience and customer service training. My stint including learning the balance of these three, and was a good jump off point of future health.
Fun and productive place to work
Wonderful part time job where you get to learn a lot about fitness and lifestyle. Perfect place to help people change their life for the better through tips and recommendations to achieve their fitness goals.
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
No real possibilities of advancement
Fun work environment
GNC was a great place to work. I loved meeting new people and helping them attain their fitness and health goals. I also loved learning about the newest products in the supplement industry and the team I worked with was amazing.
Pros
On your feet
Very Poor Workplace and Conditions
Expect to train yourself and work by yourself. Underpaid, for the work demands, with little support from upper management. Push the sale onto customer
Pros
Enjoyed changing customer's lives
Cons
No breaks or lunch, stand for 8 hours.