Glow Parties Employee Reviews

i enjoyed getting experience from glow
glow staff (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 May 2018
a typical day at work i would go to the glow warehouse or event site and would get a rundown on the event and what was going on and what job i would be doing.

i learned that a team effort goes a long way when working those long hours and its never wrong to ask for help or have questions about any given task.

i have had many managers it all depends on who will be leading the event but over all they are all a pleasure to work with.

the culture in the work place was very urban many different people from different parts of the city it was quite diverse.

the hardest part of the job was the tear down rolling all the bounce castles and loading trucks with event supplies.

the most enjoyed part of the job is it not feeling like a job it was just like we were a big family that worked together to please the people at the events.
Pros
using glow products
Cons
very long days
Great Place to be recognized for hard work. Strong team environment
Retail Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 March 2018
I accepted a seasonal position as a Assistant Manager. Working with a hardworking fun team we set up a Halloween store. Serviced customers and had fun working through the Halloween season. Tear down of the store was part of the position. Although there were many long hours and various shifts it was part of what I knew I accepted in the position. All staff had the opportunity to earn an end of the season bonus if they completed the season and completed the terms of their position which were clearly laid out from the beginning.

Glow is an events company which requires flexibility on the employees part which adds to the fun environment to work in. No 2 days are the same. Working at Glow everyday is fresh and different.

Management is always open to ideas and recognizes hard work. If you have a strong work ethic, are a hard worker with a positive attitude Glow is a great place to work. Glow is locally owned and it is great to be part of a locally owned growing company.
Don't do it
Halloween sales associate and event attendee (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 October 2017
Long hours, no breaks. Inconsistent pay. I worked events and in the halloween store. Making you stay when you are off after store was closed but was told to reopen. Owner gave store wrong hours and we closed but then he called telling us to reopen after cash had been closed for the day. I was told I could stay or quit. I need money so I stayed. In fact stayed 4hours past my shift.
Ended up working 10hours that day with zero breaks.. so hungry and thirsty I was dizzy and almost past out. Also my coworker had to stay late and she was supposed to pick up her baby at the nannies. Just don't put yourself though this.
Pros
Going home at the end of shift
Cons
Long hours with zero breaks
decent
On Call Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 October 2017
i never had hours there so that is the reason i left this company but the time i did work there i loved it, they were a little disorganized but i loved it, lots of fun.
Fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 September 2017
I was extra help for the Halloween season and had a blast setting the temporary store up and helping people pick all the costume and/or decor pieces they needed to make their party/event awesome. I learned merchandising and excellent customer service skills, listening to what people wanted and needed and doing my best to help them achieve their vision. Management was great and helpful.
Fun work place with friendly coworkers.
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 August 2017
For me on a normal day I could be on the front lines helping an event which could place me at a food stand or bouncy castle, on some occasions I'll be in the workshop cleaning up the supplies that get brought in from events or just about to go out to an event.
Teamwork is a big part of how the company works, oftentimes I'd be working side by side with people who could've been hired a few years ago or just started that day. With that it makes it feel as if it's a big family since everyone learns with each other and show a friendly work environment.
The hardest part of the job would most likely be that the shift is only given half a week in advance making it hard to predict.
Pros
Good pay
Loved it
Event Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 June 2017
Good Place to work! Good team to work for and with! Room to grow into a career.
A real fun job and challenging job if you're up for the challenge. They always have job posting as they continue to GROW!
Pros
Paid Driving Time
Cons
Long Hard Hours
Hard job, Poor management
Supervisor, Driver, Mechanic, Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 June 2017
Hired as a mechanic/supervisor/driver/attendand, pay was 11/hour (dollar more than minimum wage at the time)

-Hectic work environment with bigger events or multiple events at once.
-Poor management
-Went on 13+ hours hours with no food, also had to go to the hospital, was still asked to come in.
-Disorganized (had multiple events prepacked ready to go, suddenly
a priority event comes up we have to pack for, messing the other
schedules
-Took a few months to receive half a repair manual to be able to fix some of the machinery

I was one of the lucky few to have gotten full training in halifax, however training for new attendants is left short.
Pros
work with kids, drive to locations
Cons
Long/hectic hours, Management, heavy lifting
Fun
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 January 2017
You don't feel like you are working because you are always so busy setting up the bouncy castles and entertaining the children. there is always lots to do
Terrible
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS24 July 2016
Unsafe work environment, disorganized, refused to provide proper training...OHS nightmare. Management demands respect but give none in return. No breaks and with long hours expected (19 hours worked straight with no break). Product is subpar and rented at top dollar. No overtime.

Just don't.
Pros
Hard workers on the front line, no expectations of casual employees
Cons
See below
Awful company to work for! Stay Away!
Event Support/Design (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 January 2016
Stay Away!

The owner changed the job description after being hired!

Long hours with no lunches or breaks, over worked!

Dangerous on-site safety practices, disorganization and poorly maintained equipment.

Hours and employee expectations are excessive and may contravene several components of the Canada Labour Code.

Don't let what happen to me .. happen to you!
Pros
None at this company.
Proceed with caution
Event support in response to similar job post (Former Employee) –  Halifax31 March 2015
Questionable time keeping methodology for employees. Pay was in fact shorted by the owner.

Pros
None at this company.
Cons
Several, and a few ex-cons probably work here.
Hard work and long days but a wonderful place to work
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 February 2015
I learned good time management and attention to detail in getting everything needed to leave the warehouse and in setting up. Co-workers are amazing and are the best part of the job.
Pros
Travel around Nova Scotia
Confusing
Amusement ride attendant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 January 2015
They never really paid much attention to the staff.
I was never given breaks on time.
Did not recive any information from them concerning my employment status.
Fun place to work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB13 October 2014
It is hard work, and at the end of the day you will be tired, but it is a lot of fun, and you do get to go to a bunch of different places. I think the hardest part is when you get frustrated, but then at the end of the day you realize that you had a fun day and it was all worth it.
Fun hard working job
Casual/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB7 April 2014
learn how to control kids, talk with parents, heavy lifting, paper work,
Pros
get paid for the drive
Cons
long hours, hard working job