Globo shoes Employee Reviews

Great place to work with but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2019
I've worked at globo for a little over a year. I make minimum wage but am expected to work harder than the other employees due to my time being there. There are a lot of great people to work with and it makes the job a lot more fun. Most days we just chill and clean up after customers so its quite easy. The management is absolutely horrible. the training given to new staff is so bad, they basically have to learn everything on their own and if they ask questions they often get ridiculed. There are also a lot of rude customers and management doesn't do anything about this. It's quite easy to make sales as most people want to buy shoes, however, there is an unnecessary need from management to sell shoe care and other accessories that most customers are not interested in anyway. If you don't make these sales you usually don't get as many hours. As a part-time worker I only get about 8 hours a week. The manager is pretty flexible with hours but often schedules you when you request a day off which is really annoying.
Pros
easy
Cons
management
Sale associate at Globo shoes
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 May 2019
I learn how to be good customers service.
I learned skills on how to talk to customers
This work made me a very active person
Learn me how to take responsibility for a place and keep it tidy all day
Educating and quiet workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2019
Flexible job with flexible hours made it easier to work. A typical day at work was mostly just fixing the shoes and answering customers questions. The hardest part was finding the pairs that they desired and or telling them that we dont have it in stock
Pros
long breaks
Cons
less hours
Decent Job Hindered by Unnecessary Sales Pressure
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 April 2019
The job overall is pretty good, especially if you are somebody who is into shoes (men's or women's), accessories.
Staff is great to work with and makes the job that much better.
Although unnecessary pressure by management to push sales and meet unreasonable quotas to sell shoe accessories, cleaners, insoles, and protectors in which the vast majority do not want to buy ruins part of the experience being an employee at Globo Shoes.
Pros
Great Staff, Slightly better than min. wage pay.
Cons
Forced to push sales of shoe accessory products that no one wants to buy to meet quotas.
Good place to start working in retail for biginers
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2019
One of the the slowest stores in the mall based on traffic. It’s a great place to work as a sales associate as a part time job, maybe even full time.
Not a great place to work as any type of manager. Head office doesn’t care about Calgary location at all. Minimum training for managers
Pros
Good part time hours
Cons
Pay for managers, communications with head office
Good retail job, minimal complaints
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS3 February 2019
I have no complaints with this company. There are weekly sales goals, and for the most part my coworkers were all good, but not many male sales people ever hired on. Never quit the job, but for some reason stopped getting shifts and never even got fired either. Stuck in limbo forever with this place. Loved my manager, no ill will against them, was good at the job, learned basic cash systems and about inventory/stock. Overall a great place to work, I'd like to go back if they ever explain to me what happened.
Productive and funplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2019
I enjoyed working at Globo Shoes and being my first place of work in Canada, I am thankful for all the learnings and the opportunity to have worked with them.
Over all decent workplace with weak management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
Working at globo shoes I found my self exhausted I worked thee over the summer under a contract and it wasn’t amazing the managers where biased in favour of other employees who work ethics where much lower to mine to say the least and they didn’t take care of there employees nor did they empathize with employees who had to commute from malvern to downtown in the mornings
Pros
Learn how to deal with unique people
Cons
Long hours and bad management
Friendly environment and good part-time employment.
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON14 November 2018
Everyone is like a family there and everyone is there to help each other out and support one another. It is a great job for students looking for part-time work that is flexible and doesn't take time away from school studies.
hours
Eglinton Ave E - sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 September 2018
Favouritism was a factor in how many hours we got. The work load was simple but you have to be a very social and persuasive person in order to reach the sale budget.
easy and good place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON2 July 2018
good place to work at and helping many people. clean up is done in a teamwork matter. help the customers but also other sales associates. easy to get along with the workers.
I’d look elsewhere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2018
It all depends on which store you work at but at my location the manager when I first started was amazing and nice and really understanding but at the last few months of my employment she was inconsiderate, demeaning and when I tried to call in sick one time she tried to make me come in when I explained I had a bacterial infection and I was contagious and uncomfortable with coming in and risk spreading it
Pros
Easy to ask for time off, advancement opportunities, laid back
Cons
A lot of cleaning at night, will give you hard times about calling in sick, picking favourites
Not bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 June 2018
It's not a bad place to work but I often found myself bored unless the store was busy. The work was easy but if there was a lull in the day we sometimes didn't know what to do. Great staff team though!
fun environment to work in
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB1 June 2018
A typical work day is greeting customers, helping them find what they're looking for, help them find a shoe care that will help them take care of their shoes and help them last longer etc.
productive and driven workplace environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
- Every day is very productive at AllCargos, there are always tasks to accomplish and the company is very busy
- I learned that the management had very strong working ethics and communication skills, as it was mostly a family oriented company
- Positive and energetic environment
- Not enough sales representatives or administrators
Pros
Enjoyable, positive, energetic environment
Cons
Not enough sales representatives
Stressful due to mistreatment of employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC15 March 2018
Globo Pointe-Clare, quebec
Inconsistent schedule and hours
Rude behaviour from management
Staff bullied, distespected and demotivated by management.

Certain members with authority constantly criticizing each other and staff.

Worst working environment ever!
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON8 January 2018
globo shoes is a very big store where clientele are able to help themselves with picking out their own shoes. no commission and minimum wage pay is what they offer.
Pros
50% off shoes
Cons
no commision
part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2017
typical day at work consists of providing customers with assistance in their purchases, and making sure all products are displayed appropriately. Short hours
Fun environment to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2017
With the constant flow of diverse customers, it never did feel like work, just casual socializing through out the day. Customer service has its on and off moments but if you don't take any stress with you home, it can be enjoyable. A strong and supportive management team definitely made my days here easier.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Understaffed
Good first job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 October 2017
I've learned much about handling cash and working in retail. It is the perfect place for a first job, whether it be your first time working in retail or a first job in general.