Global Value Commerce Employee Reviews

Produtive workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC24 January 2019
Great place to work if you do a lot of golfing. Me, I learned a lot about the golfing industry but I never played the game. Would love to go on a driving range and see if I can even make contact with the ball. I have gloves, shoes, hats ,etc.
Pros
Bring your lunch
Cons
15 min breaks
Laid back working environment with flexible hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC8 October 2018
Typical warehouse work, flexible hours for morning and afternoon. Management worked well with employees, but not much room for advancement. Overall experience was pleasant and I would recommend this company for those looking for part-time work.
Just OK
Employee (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC1 September 2018
Not very fun for an ecommerce company but it depends on the department you work in. You'll like this place if you're passionate about golf. Not a golfer? Better think twice before signing up.
overall good company
Listing Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC28 August 2018
I learned a lot at my time with Global. The management needs to be trained better to deal with employees. The job is fast paced. The rewards for good work are not valued.
nice environment but management sucks
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC14 May 2018
the supervisors at this job like to talk about others personal life and tell everyone else about things that doesn't have anything to do with the job.
Pros
caring workers
Cons
nosy management
Customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC22 March 2018
Answer calls to assist customers and respond to emails to resolve all customer needs and concerns. Help customers place orders with the right equipment to fit there needs.
Good job - limited opportunity for advancement.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC24 October 2017
Global Value Commerce is a good company that provides good benefits to full time employees. The tasks assigned are mundane but part of the overall process and end goal of shipping and receiving product.
Pros
Good benefits. Relaxed atmosphere. Schedule flexibility.
Cons
Some dated equipment. Do more with less. Lack of advancement. Long drive to work.
Good job, good people, but no place to seek a career.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC20 September 2017
Working in their warehouse is pretty routine. It's the kind of job that could be replaced by automation, and they're always looking for new ways to bring that into reality. For the most part, the atmosphere is pretty relaxed, though there's always pressure to improve productivity metrics.

It's a great place to work a seasonal gig, or a part-time job to make some extra cash, but I wouldn't expect much in staying long-term.
Pros
Diverse staffing, relaxed environment, occasional free lunches and treats.
Cons
Frustrating metric goals, brutal heat in the summer, safety precautions are lacking, work is not very mentally stimulating or challenging.
laid back
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC11 September 2017
Its a good job. I get decent pay, my manager is very understand of my situation of not having a car, so he doesn't make a big deal if im 5 min late. Only complaint i have is the lack of structure. Basically when we first come in we just do what we thinks need to be done, there's no one to let us know what position or job everyone will be doing.
Pros
go to lunch anytime
Cons
lack of structure, often has malfunctions with software
Underwhelming, unable to deliver, and limited creativity
Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC4 June 2017
GVC is not a place I would recommend for anybody to begin or continue a career in their desired field. The company's vision is very limited, and the result of that is easily seen in everything they do. No out of the box thinking or advancement is easily made, if made at all.
Country Club Atmostphere
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NC4 May 2017
Laid back and flexible work place. Management and coworkers all supportive and understanding. Growing company with limited opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Healthcare, illegibility
Cons
Below market salaries
Receiving and Customer service
Customer service representative equipment/apparel (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC28 February 2017
Receiving of new product , placing in warehouse and helping shipping in our down time. Customer service representative for golf equipment and apparel.Take order over phone, help with order issues. Review orders that may be possible fraud order from stolen credit card. Check orders to make sure they ship in a timely manner.
Golf is Life
Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC29 November 2016
Busy company fulfilling golfers wishes via ecommerce. Maintaining multiple websites with facilities across the United States.
Hard work, but very educational
Material handler in warehouse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC14 November 2016
I would pick and pack customer orders, stock shelves, build new TaylorMade and Nike gold clubs. Hard work as a material handler in the warehouse but I learned about logistics and I'm happy I got to spend a few years working there.
Hot, but satisfying.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC9 September 2016
On a typical day, I spend the mornings picking items for a stack of invoices from online customer orders. In the afternoon, I process those orders through shipping; packing each one with care, weighing them, and printing postage for each one. Mixed in throughout the day, I'll load or unload pallets of orders from trucks at the doc.

My managers and co-workers are very diverse and friendly. They're social, helpful, and everyone has a mind to solve any problems we encounter.

The hardest part of the job is the summer heat in the warehouse. It tends to get dangerously hot with no form of air conditioning between May and September.

What I enjoy most about the job is seeing the pallets of completed orders; especially after an extra high volume day.
Pros
Friendly, flexible work environment.
Cons
Poor air circulation during summer months in warehouse.
Gvc?
Employee (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC7 April 2016
Get prepared to see an e-commerce company that doesn't pay it's Development, IT, design, or any other staff memeber a sufficient amount of money.
No Comment
Inventory Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC3 March 2016
Flexible hours, but salaries are below market value.
Always something that needs to be done.
Some travel time.
Country Club type atmosphere.
Good, steady work
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, North Carolina29 June 2015
Good work, good employees, learn about golf, flexible schedule, employee discount. Overall good place for full time or part time work. Supportive management.
Pros
employee discounts, good employee team
Cons
warehouse has old equipment (ladders/computers ect.)
Big Business with Small Business Feel
New Product Receiving Agent (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC28 May 2015
GVC is a quality company with executives and managers that care and are invested in the success of the company and its employees. The primary drawback is the lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
P{roductive and fun enivorment to work at
Pick and Packer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC24 October 2014
The work place is a fun and hard working place to work at. Its also productive