Global Raymac Surveys Inc. Employee Reviews

Going backward
Office (Former Employee) –  Canada25 February 2019
After a four years with Global Raymac, my salary only went backward with three "temporary" wage reductions that lasted over three years, while my workload went up, and the company grew to larger than it was before the recession. The management team shifted from experienced and organized to inexperienced, disorganized, and unrealistic, which made the job stressful. The office work I did was also beginning to be outsourced overseas (along with other office-based work), which made my outlook for growing with the company bad. High workloads, no acknowledgement of accomplishments, constantly reduced wages made me leave.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Low pay, high workloads, uncertain future
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2018
Enjoyed the culture at the workplace. Managers make you feel safe and part of a family. Great place for Geomatics engineers to work. I definitely recommend applying and joining Global Raymac.
A soul-sucking large company
Drudge (Current Employee) –  Calgary6 September 2018
I receive no training, and expected to learn on my own. I am expected to give up evenings and weekends with no warning, ruining plans and costing me. Those who can train me are stressed and too busy. Anyone who is not a manager is replaceable, in this market. More experienced coworkers say there have been multiple wage reductions and no raises for four years, in spite of 500% company growth over the last two years. With all of our sacrifices and hard work over the last year plus, I would have liked to see some incentive to keep working hard and making sacrifices. Being pushed this hard under current conditions and wages make me want to work somewhere else.
Pros
Company is growing fast
Cons
Long hours, intense, stressful, high expectations, no rewards
You never know when you’re gonna work
Survey Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC9 August 2018
You never know when you are going to be working. I haven’t worked in a month and a half. Early morning and more often then not you’re gonna be working on the weekend.
Pros
Cons
Never know when you’re gonna be off or working
Family atmosphere
Construction Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
The job required a lot of working away from home, which made it difficult. However, the bond between coworkers helped make work much easier. It became much easier to accomplish tasks due to the culture created.
Pros
Always found work for me
Cons
I was in the middle of nowhere a lot
Great company going through hardships of the economic times
Search Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2016
No bad things to say about Global. They treated me well and would not be looking for employment if the economy and more importantly oil and gas was doing better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Raymac Surveys Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Global Raymac Surveys Inc. Reviews by Location