Global Raymac Surveys Inc.

Global Raymac Surveys Inc. Employee Reviews

Global Raymac surveys doesn’t seem to care about its field crews, under appreciated and treated poorly as they think giving you work is your reward for working with them. Office throws events and parties that only office employees can go to as the field crews are always working at the time they have the events. Raises have to be constantly asked about and any gear problems never get updated or solved.
I have rather fond memories looking back at my time at Global. They introduced me to the world of surveying from the ground up as a Rodman. They did an excellent job training me. The company was well organized and cared for its employees. I was sad that I had to leave because of the one downfall of the industry (not the company). The job sites were far away and the time there was usually two to three weeks. It became to hard for me to be away from family and friends for so long. If it weren't for that, I would still be with this company and in the same industry. It's my favourite job I've had!
Pros
Great pay, benefits, good management
Cons
Long periods of work
Worked a Global a few years ago, honestly the most terrible degrading experience I have ever had as a pc in the field. Everything seemed great on the interview, safety manager who conducted interview was polite and made it seem like it was a great place to work.....Upon starting work I instantly noticed the unreasonable demands bestowed upon each field crew, it was a you f*#$ing get this job done as fast as physically possible as we only bid this much and if you don't your basically worthless. I have been surveying for almost 20 years now and I couldn't believe the culture this company pushes on their employees. All said I put up with it for a year and then parted ways!! I RECOMMEND KNOW ONE WORKS FOR THIS COMPANY!!!! CANT BELIEVE THEIR EVEN STILL IN EXISTENCE!!!
Cons
Had some well educated coworkers but the skills they had to the job was an extreme mismatch brought on by focusing on avoiding outside hiring. Alot of their employees knew each other through friends and family.
Pros
Equal opportunity employer, company outfits
Cons
Alot of people get laid off for the winter reduction
no future with this out fit, there at the call of the price of oil.should only be contractors working with this companyshould never be a employee base company.
Pros
Cons
way to many
Came across as a professional company. You will be told you will receive performance reviews and raises the first 3, 6, 12 months and every year after. However, they do not perform them as they do not want to give out raises. I worked weekend, holidays and even over the Xmas break. The office staff puts their work onto the field staff who is already overworked. Equipment is not maintained, you can ether do it on your own time or bill it to their clients. Many times I was expected to charge clients for hour/KM’s that weren’t their responsibility.Frequent mistakes made regarding your pay. So watch your pay stubs.
Pros
The people their are friendly
Cons
Just about everything
Global Raymac is a great company to work for and always keeps their employees best interest in mind. Employees are required to work collaboratively, resulting in great efficiency and a good work environment.
Good work culture, ex. Stampede festival, Christmas Festival. Good organization of work, high efficient . No enough work in slow season . Hope can provide learn opportunity of new knowledge.
Working at Global Raymac was a very positive experience where I was able to learn and enjoy the work being completed. Global Raymac was a great workplace.
Just save yourself the trouble and move on to the next opportunity. The company is rotten from the top down. People at the bottom suffer as a result. No recognition for a job well done, only grief for inefficiencies that are out of your control.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Global Raymac Surveys Inc.?
Management is unrealistic and not knowledgeable. I am asked to do tasks well beyond my job description including management work, and have only seen my benefits and holidays reduced, including a short notice for two weeks unpaid "closure" for Christmas 2019, which hurt my family badly. This after Global Raymac promised a paid Christmas leave earlier in the year, and expanded by opening a new office location and adding an engineering business line. I have "emergency" work dropped on my desk regularly that have sat in management inboxes for days, adding to my stress. Project management is now a slack client reception job, while the workers are the ones with the real knowledge and experience to meet client needs. And upper management is working hard to offshore office jobs. Prospects are grim in the office, in spite of company success and expansion.
Cons
Long Hours, Cancelled benefits and Holidays, a move to offshorng jobs, poor management practices, uncaring
Official response from Global Raymac Surveys Inc.
26 February 2020
Although your comments and concerns do not align with our core values and mission statement, we thank you for taking the time to voice your recent experience as an employee at Global Raymac Surveys. As a company that believes our employees are our greatest strength, your comments are very disappointing. Operating in a fragile economy, unpopular decisions are an unfortunate necessity to maintain employees’ positions and keep the company viable. Our Management team do not make take these decisions lightly and do so while attempting to impact staff as little as possible. The paid time off between Christmas and New Years was a perk and not part of employees’ employment agreements. Unfortunately, when cutbacks are required, additional perks tend to be the first to go. In order to become less reliant on revenue from an unstable energy sector, Global Raymac has done it’s best to expand into different business lines and geographic markets. As a result, we have been able to save positions and maintain wages. Additionally, operating in a dynamic market requires us to be dynamic and, therefore, employees are occasionally challenged to complete tasks that do not necessarily fall under their job description. It is always encouraged that any issues be taken up with a Manager or confidentially with our Chief Human Resources Officer at jgronzil@grs.ca.
Project management here have no idea how to deal with people. The management says they want the employees input and ideas but you are critized and your ideas can be held against you in the end. Felt very manipulated here and lied to constantly
Official response from Global Raymac Surveys Inc.
26 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we do strive to make Global Raymac a great place to work, however it seems like this was not your experience while employed with us and we are sorry you feel this way. We do encourage employees’ input as most of our best practices, and tried and true ways, are as a result of employees sharing what works best. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
Busy place, good spot to work. Good benefits if you have a chance to use them. Good field people to work with. Good vehicles for a company vehicle. Good safety policies.
After a four years with Global Raymac, my salary only went backward with three "temporary" wage reductions that lasted over three years, while my workload went up, and the company grew to larger than it was before the recession. The management team shifted from experienced and organized to inexperienced, disorganized, and unrealistic, which made the job stressful. The office work I did was also beginning to be outsourced overseas (along with other office-based work), which made my outlook for growing with the company bad. High workloads, no acknowledgement of accomplishments, constantly reduced wages made me leave.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Low pay, high workloads, uncertain future
Enjoyed the culture at the workplace. Managers make you feel safe and part of a family. Great place for Geomatics engineers to work. I definitely recommend applying and joining Global Raymac.
Global is a good company to start your survey career. for the most part they are on the leading edge of technology but is shared and spread thin throughout employees across the province. we are often required to perform our jobs with Substandard equipment. they expect a written form to be filled out upto a year in advance for requested time off that may or may not be granted. on the other hand they also expect you to go to work with less than a days notice while you are on scheduled days off.
Pros
leading edge of technology
Cons
on call at all times with no respect or leniency for employees family life
I receive no training, and expected to learn on my own. I am expected to give up evenings and weekends with no warning, ruining plans and costing me. Those who can train me are stressed and too busy. Anyone who is not a manager is replaceable, in this market. More experienced coworkers say there have been multiple wage reductions and no raises for four years, in spite of 500% company growth over the last two years. With all of our sacrifices and hard work over the last year plus, I would have liked to see some incentive to keep working hard and making sacrifices. Being pushed this hard under current conditions and wages make me want to work somewhere else.
Pros
Company is growing fast
Cons
Long hours, intense, stressful, high expectations, no rewards
You never know when you are going to be working. I haven’t worked in a month and a half. Early morning and more often then not you’re gonna be working on the weekend.
Pros
Cons
Never know when you’re gonna be off or working
The job required a lot of working away from home, which made it difficult. However, the bond between coworkers helped make work much easier. It became much easier to accomplish tasks due to the culture created.
Pros
Always found work for me
Cons
I was in the middle of nowhere a lot
No bad things to say about Global. They treated me well and would not be looking for employment if the economy and more importantly oil and gas was doing better.