Global Payments

Global Payments Employee Reviews

Canada87 reviews

Found 87 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,902 reviews

Productive and very good team work

I enjoued working at Global Payments...The management is great...All the team members was cooperative and professionalAmazing teams... I highmy recommand you to get the experience...

Do not work here

Absolutely terrible if you respect yourself do not work here, worked here for about 3 months nothing but disgusting managers and customers, go back to school if you need to, or keep looking for something else just don't work here. Trainer was also weird and did not help at all 0\10

Mergers Beware

TSYS was amazing before Global Payments bought them out. They quickly stripped away everything that made the job a good place to work. Claimed 'the pandemic made me do it!' when advertising record profits to their stockholders. The original TSYS employees are good people. Global Payments works on nothing but greed.

Pros

Coworkers are supportive

Cons

Corporate structure

Bad management/non comprehensive team leaders

As a student and having other experiences with previous call center for bigger company’s. I experience huge lack of helpfulness from team leaders I had. Also they enjoy putting the blame for poor lack of their service on their employee instead of hiring in the department that needs more staff that can only deal with those type of situation. The other thing I have to put as comment, working there was the most stressful and toxic environnement anyone can experienced. Last thing I have to mention, their recent team leaders are not at all experience to lead a team or be able to provide any great advice to touch KPI.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Poor management

Great place to work at

Global Payments inc. is a great organization with a nice working environment, the culture is great and they take good care of their employees in return of your good work.There is a good room to expand, and it certainly helps to shine among other teams, since it’s extremely competitive.Numerous events and giveaways throughout the year, friendly environment, and very respectful.

Pros

Professional environment

Cons

Very competitive

Flexible hours

Not geared to drive sales. You will need to jump through hoops to get your commission, if at all possible. Sales compensation plan is designed to ensure you don't make commission. Many different components that deter you from making commission. A volume plus accounts signed structure. You may hit your volume but definitely will not get the number of accounts needed to get paid out. Company will take the revenue you generate but will not pay you because of number of accounts quota was not met. Obviously commission structure was made by someone who has no idea of sales or simply to screw you out of any commission. Commission structure drives the wrong behavior. Commission should be structured to make you want to sell and get paid, not the case here and not sure how these people can sleep at night.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

No commision, very few if any make commission

Very good environment

Management is excellent. Wonderful people. Clear and obtainable objectives. loved working there. Would certainly recommend anyone to try it there, good training and ongoing assistance.

Pros

Good working environment

Good Place To Learn And Grow, But Include More Diversity

Good Place to work at. An employment agency who referred me to the company terminated my job without any reason.No complaints came from the company about my work ethics.

Pros

Working and Learning At The Same Time.

Cons

No Diversity

Summary

Great...great..great...great..great, place to work with great management and Colleagues.Pay scale is not bad.Great paid sick leave package.Definitely an awesome place to work in.

Best Working environment

Everybody is respectful, multi-tasking, cooperative and hard worker. They support diversity. They do conduct extra-curricular activities to entertain their employees.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Less pay

Terrible culture, clueless management

Global payments is great at acquiring other companies... That's it, they have no idea how to run them. A sales adverse culture in a heavily compartmentalized company where management cannot answer simple questions about anything, especially processes. This is a terrible, terrible company that can't even communicate a simple comission structure, let alone pay according to that structure. Never do business with this company unless you want to be bogged down and get nothing accomplished.

Cons

Incompetent management, sales adverse culture, highly unorganized

Meh

Decent benefits but the work can get stressful at times. Many escalations with no supervisors around to take the call. For the salary that is paid for the role Its really not worth the time or energy.

Fun staff and coworkers.

The Managers are very supportive. I had a wonderful manager who had your back no matter what. The Initial trainer was unprofessional. Spoke too quickly and expected everyone in training to be a computer whiz. Were expected to just learn as we go (certainly were not ready to take calls) but graded harshly for mistakes. Expected to endure verbal abuse by angry customers on a daily basis. Calls were all recorded and graded harshly. Were expected to rush calls but yet expected quality customer service. Expected to take too many calls in too short a time. High stress and low pay. There was good team spirit and we had "fun" days, i.e. barbecues, games, etc. I would only recommend this job as a temporary place to work until something better comes along.

Productive and friendly workplace.

Yes, it was a good experience of working there.I had all the supports I needed from my manager and supervisor. Not only I had a complete training before starting the job, but also I had all the support I needed while doing the job.

Positive workplace

The company has a positive work environment with very supportive managers. The best part is the cultural diversity among the employees. This is my first ever job in my life and it has given me so much learning experience that I can use anywhere I go.

Need to better explain compensation structure

That's all, just be more transparent about how people get paid. The draw system was not discussed during the interview process, and neither was the true terms of the 'life-time residuals'

Garbage

You want to wake up and hate going to work forever. Work here. You want unfair treatment. Work for TSYS. You're making a mistake if you work here. I wasn't treated fairly at all. Was hired without a grade and then fired six months later for not having it. I have a very strong feeling there was more behind it. The HR department didn't like me from the start.

Rubbish

I worked here for a year and it was stressful, boring and unprofessional! People constantly didn't fallow rules, protocol and were very hypocritical. Sick days were seen as a burden , you are incredibly expendable. To them you are just a number. I was ****** and I was terminated on New years day because I was sick a little before Christmas and needed a few days off to recover. I also got vocation days taking for the few days I couldn't make it to work because I HAD GOT INTO A CAR ACCIDENT.. yes, you read that correctly. (Y) You also have to PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to your pay checks because they will try and pay you incorrectly multiple times! Newbies are treated like gold and loyal people are sent to pasture like old yeller . Don't work here if you like your dignity. Best time about working here was the free food they had when people would bring in food for potlucks.

Worst place to work

No work life balance, management does not care at all about the employees. HR does nothing about managers abusing their access to employee files. Non stop drama. Has cockroaches and mice in Sudbury

ok

best worst company ever, never work for them management wise it is bull chit do not waste your time your efforts will not be recognized thanks find a better place

Nice place to work work and life balance

Good wotk and life balance Good managers flexible schedules Great pple to work with. Very exited and collaborative team members Free parking Free lunch, sometimes employee reward programs like gym etc Opportunity of growth. Good training for new employees Training takes about eight weeks. S

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Payments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement