Global Mentoring Solutions Employee Reviews

Good place to grow as an IT Professional
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
As we support a multitude of different companies. You quickly learn to adapt on the fly. This results in improved customer service skills as well as new technical skills being learnt consistently.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No social interaction
It's a work from home job
Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
It's a great to be able to work from home, however there is many con's.

Pro
-Work from Home
-Great coworkers

Con
-Management is not fair and not organized
-Salary depend on your negotiation skills before you get employed
-The job itself is very repetitive and you can easily get bored after a while.

If you're looking for a temporary job it's an alright place until you find a real career, but I don't see that being anything other than a temporary place.

Pros
Work From home
Cons
Poor Managment
Official response from Global Mentoring Solutions
26 March 2018

Full disclosure: I work in HR at GMS. I have been tasked with addressing some of the recent reviews internally and publicly and would like to offer a different point of view.

We appreciate both the positive and constructive feedback on here and take all comments as an opportunity to improve.

Regarding fairness… I don’t think I’ve worked anywhere where everyone is treated 100% equally. On a basic level, yes, all should be treated equally. However, those who perform better, have a stronger work ethic, act as team players are rewarded. We do not consider this unfair and would always welcome new employees that share this sentiment.

I also feel we are quite objective on how we determine salary. I’ve have seen a few times where new hires were offered more money than they wanted because they possessed more certifications and experience that usual.

Most people that work for us do not see this as a temporary job at all. Like in any environment, a small percentage of people aren’t a good fit; also, working from home sounds nice, but you need to be very disciplined and motivated. We have many team members who have been with us for more than 5 years and a few more than 10 years, so it is clearly not a temporary job. Our turnover is low and most of our hiring has been due to growth.

Again, we appreciate everyone taking the time to leave their reviews and welcome current and former employees to reach out to me directly.

Bonus is the work from home
Work from Home Customer Service Mentor (Former Employee) –  Unionville, ON25 October 2017
It was a nice opportunity to be able to work from home, however, the management and work environment (although remote) was not the best. Poor treatment and unfair overall.
Official response from Global Mentoring Solutions
26 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback and take your comments as an opportunity to improve.

Please feel free to reach out to me (the person responsible for recruitment/HR) in confidence. I take these comments seriously and will do my best to address them.

No Commuting + No Car Bills + Flexible hours = Great Remote Job
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
I started searching when I was exhausted of my 2-hour commute to downtown Toronto, tired of the long, cold Canadian winters, and sick of not being an involved parent.

I searched for a distributed company that would allow me to move to South Florida for the winter with my family and work remotely.

I am currently living near Miami, working remotely for GMS part time in the evenings.

I love the flexibility while I get up and jog along the beach in the mornings, hang out with my wife all day and work a few hours from my living room in the evening!

I love it. The support calls are from hundreds of companies located across North America as well, so the job is difficult and challenging. These are good things for someone like me who has the attention span of a fly! Keeps me on my toes.

They encourage me to study and take courses in between calls, and they will pay for your certs and give you a raise when you complete 2 certs within the year. Good deal.

And did I say the lunches are awesome? Just kidding, it's a remote, or work from home position, so there are so many benefits to that alone, that I could go on for another 500 words!

Being home for life's important little firsts and being an involved parent has only been possible while working with GMS.

The entire team is very supportive and helpful. Get started, and enjoy the work/ life balance they offer.
Pros
Lunches Are Great! (kidding, it's a work from home job!)
Cons
Entry-Level Pay
Potential is there but lacking in consistency.
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Canada8 August 2016
The job itself is good. Working directly with clients to resolve a variety of technical issues from infected systems, wireless printer setup to email client issues and everything else in between.

If tech support is your passion, this job will provide you with a fairly constant chance to test your ability to troubleshoot new and unique issues, however you can expect to spend most of your day resolving the same basic issues. ( as mentioned above, wireless printer troubleshooting - email client setup / issues - virus removal startup for chat agents.

The management team is very uncoordinated and communication seems to be lacking - you will have to juggle which team leader is on shift with how they expect you to work and handle calls due to the fact each one will give you different expectations and priorities. - however this is being looked at with a hopeful positive outcome moving forward.

That being said, working from home is a bonus and the overall experience is positive at Global Mentoring Solutions.

Salary does vary widely from one employee to another based on previous experience when applying, don't expect to get raises too often and promotions typically don't come with any significant raise in comparison with the added work loads.

Co-Workers are friendly and helpful when asking questions.
Pros
home based, salary can be competitive, overall positive work experience.
Cons
management, communications, training, feedback on job performance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Mentoring Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Global Mentoring Solutions Reviews by Location