Global Industrial Services

Insights into Global Industrial Services

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Love the flexibility but the manager is a jerk

Work-life balanceBest part of job is daily flexibilityPay & benefitsAverage pay for the area. Healthcare benefits are very expensiveJob security and advancementNo room for advancementManagementManager in Johnstown region is extremely rude and belittlingCultureEverything needs reported back to the boss and then he will rip you apart about what is wrong.OverallLove the ability to self schedule your day. Be aware they offer health care benefits but they are extremely expensive based on the salary. If you have to use your own car to do the route be aware they do no reimburse for mileage/gas. If you have a long route it's really not worth the wear and tear on your car and the gas expense eats up large chunk of your pay. The Johnstown regional manager is a jerk. He'll be nice when you first start but don't make a mistake or ask questions. If you make a mistake he will send out a group text message belittling you. I've gotten to the point of not asking questions or reporting problems, unless it's a true emergency because I don't want to deal with him at all. Cons definitely outweigh the pros with this company.

Not a good place to work at

It’s not a good place to work because they don’t keep their promises. They don’t give out large rises. If your lucky you might get a rise about fifty cents if that. Also they don’t do reviews on your job performance. It’s pretty bad when the company does not care about their employees.

Do not work there worst company ever!!

Among not being paid enough for the job the micromanagement and the lies and all the Chiefs passing Passing things around where they’re so confusing they don’t come out right at the end. Then they will try and put the blame on you and they will lie to you and as for insurance and benefits there are none unless you want to pay $6000 out of your pocket they cover the rest. They will fire you at any time they also follow you around in a truck

Environement de travail produite

J estime que l'entreprise global produit des travailleur a leur compétence comme nous savons le travail est seulement quelque chose qui pourra nous aidée

Pros

Repas gratuits

Cons

Assurance

Good

Love it nice place to work people are nice the hours and the pay way was good. Good sportsmanship good manger. The clothes wasn't to bad and i just really enjoyed

Don’t work here

Management doesn’t listen or care.Shop doesn’t have proper tools or equipment. Except you to work 24+ hours nonstop without any relief help.Sleep in truck.Have to drive long distances in bad weather.My crew had two drug addicts.

Pros

A job

Cons

Bad hours. Poor pay. Bad management. No benefits.

3 years never received a raise

Regional manager ok ,HR and office staff and higher administrators very poor work ethics only for themselves ...I resigned due to no acknowledgement of my work no incentives no raise 3 years.

Low paid lot off work

The job did not paid the money for the work, you work in the snow sometimes for 24 hours for only 16 dollars and hour and have to come back after only 3 hours off rest , then go home with no overtime

What a joke

Started out making 14/hr and at the interview the manager said after 3 months we could talk about a raise. The day I hit my three months I brought it up and the manager avoided me and the topic numerous times to the point I gave up. They have you do horrible jobs like cutting down poison sumac trees without any special gear to prevent getting the poisonous oils on you (I broke out with it shortly after to where I almost had to go to the hospital). If you want health benefits the only coverage they offer is a 6000 dollar deductible and they’ll cover anything above 6g’s. The supervisor will follow you in his truck and sit in his vehicle all day and do nothing but complain if something was missed. Must be nice to make 22/hr to do nothing. The manager of our region made us do his own personal house every other week but told us not document it (seems sketchy to me). Don’t bother asking for a raise, there’s no room to grow, they could care less about Heath concerns if you have to deal with any poisonous plants or trees, you are expected to spray weed killer but legally you have to receive training and they don’t provide that and still expect it from you. Management is a joke. Don’t just take my advice; read all the other comments haha. This place can burn to the ground by some natural disaster and I would just laugh.

My Co workers were great but the management sucked

This company is a selfish company that only look out out for themselves. It does not value the foundation of its employees. the bosses do not care how they treat or talk to their employees. I've seen them curse out fellow coworkers and told them to "get the H** out of my building" they are rude and unprofessional the bosses can take days off all they want for small reasons but if you have a family emergency and try to take one day off it's like pulling teeth and if you try to call out sick they'll ask you to bring a doctors note in like we are back in elementary school. I seen a lot of good workers come and go from this company the corruption is knocking at the door of this company and I seen it threw the years as supplies got cheaper for the higher ups trying to fix the books for them pocketing globals money. Oh and did I mention the bosses are Bi-Polar? There's no benifits what's so ever you're only wasting your time working here if you want something long term and don't have a shed of dignity then this is the place for you.

Pros

The work was easy and it was fun to work alone

Cons

Management made everything so stressful

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Global Industrial Services?

Would not recommend

To bad you can give this place a zero. Management is so poor that's why they cant keep a supervisor. Manager says one thing then turns words around and puts blame on someone. Lead person is his little puppet really doesn't do much and gets away with everything. Management is very shady, to where they even forge paperwork, seen it happen myself. They expect you to work around the clock. Raises are unheard of. You can be there for any number of years and a new person will come in making just as much. Just an unbelievable outfit. Management gets away with way to much. Maybe corporate just doesn't know what actually takes place there. Wouldnt recommend anyone to go there til management changes cause it's not worth the headache. Oh and if you know all aspects of the job be expected to work all the time for the same pay as people who only do one job. And dont forget they offer no benefits. If the manager doesnt want you there anymore he'll make up something and say well i can lay you off so you can get unemployment, Way to much behind the scene talk about emoloyees, talks down to employees. No one is respected. Very poor work atmosphere. You can go above and beyond and its not appreciated. Sorry but people need to know what takes place in the Syracuse branch. Theres so much more i could say.

Buffalo, NY

The Buffalo, NY branch has great supervisors and manager. The manager makes you want to keep working for this company. The company is lacking benefits though. 401k available but not company match.

Pros

Great supervisors and manager

Cons

No benefits

Unproffesional

They don't care about the workers interests. They promised annual raises that were not received. They did supply proper work equipment for everyday tasks. They don't even try to listen to the reasoning of the employees as to why things aren't getting done in a timely fashion. And they expect there employees to drop everything else in there lives to keep up the best interest of the company without giving them anything in return. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone that has any shred of self respect.

Pros

decent pay for hourly workers

Cons

Inexperienced managers, unpaid lunches, no sick days, lack of equiptment

Don't work for this company

They treat you like garbage and never give you a raise, They also never seem to have time to a fix anything or get you the right equipment, that's enough information to know how they operate.

Pros

Non

Cons

The entire company

No raises and mistreatment of employees

It was the first job in my career that 100% employees hadnt had an increase in two years. This company has major safety issues and make it standard to mistreat union workers.

Pros

Good Trucks

Cons

Salary, Benefits, treatment of employees, no training

Very great atmosphere with traveling

A typical day at work was great. I had my own company vehicle so when I left my house I started work immediately. I was on the road often with stops in between where I would clean various buildings for my company. I learned the responsibilty of working alone most times and being out on my own with no supervision. However, with that being said, I still performed my tasks very well with minimal complications. Management was great. They entrusted me with many things to perform my duties while being by myself most of the time.I liked my management team and I think they liked the fact that I knew what I was doing with little supervision. My co-workers were great. Most of them were friends so we got along well. Whenever I needed a hand they were there to help and vice versa. The hardest part of my job was unloading and re-loading supplies into the trucks. The thing I enjoyed most about this job was the fact that I was able to use a company vehicle on a daily basis and to take it home after the work day. I loved driving all over the different country roads of New York. The scenery was great and i just enjoyed the different views and landscapes during my travels.

Pros

My own work vehicle, traveled a lot on the road

Cons

Very few raises and no benefits

Clean the Burlington International Airport

The only really good thing about this job, is the pay. Everything else is poor to average. Hours are fine. Pay is $14.21 / hour. Health plan is undesirable to medical community and expensive. One week of paid vacation is all you ever get, and only after a year. Job Security is not there, especially if they end up losing their contract. Management really sucks. On-the-job training is practically non-existant, and when the manager does train you, you does the job while you watch -- so, you don't get to try the machinery out while he is there. You will be asked to do something over the phone well into the shift, that you should have started at the beginning of the shift. Management is sometimes slow to replace items you let them know you are out of. Second level doesn't want to be bothered. The manager doesn't like to ask anybody to do anything. And his manager likes to fire people for not thinking of doing it on their own. Communication sucks. Required to be acting supervisor, but no extra pay. Complaint about people "not willing to do their job right" rarely got answered.

Pros

pay

Cons

Health poor, no Dental/Vision, vacation 1 week, Ojt, communication, slow to order stuff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Industrial Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5