Global Industrial Services

Insights into Global Industrial Services

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Love the flexibility but the manager is a jerk

Work-life balanceBest part of job is daily flexibilityPay & benefitsAverage pay for the area. Healthcare benefits are very expensiveJob security and advancementNo room for advancementManagementManager in Johnstown region is extremely rude and belittlingCultureEverything needs reported back to the boss and then he will rip you apart about what is wrong.OverallLove the ability to self schedule your day. Be aware they offer health care benefits but they are extremely expensive based on the salary. If you have to use your own car to do the route be aware they do no reimburse for mileage/gas. If you have a long route it's really not worth the wear and tear on your car and the gas expense eats up large chunk of your pay. The Johnstown regional manager is a jerk. He'll be nice when you first start but don't make a mistake or ask questions. If you make a mistake he will send out a group text message belittling you. I've gotten to the point of not asking questions or reporting problems, unless it's a true emergency because I don't want to deal with him at all. Cons definitely outweigh the pros with this company.

Great management

The blackwood, NJ location had very good management, would recommend to anyone. People were great, equipment was great, and had great hours working 10 hour days/4 days a week.

Great Company to work for

On the road checking in on my customers, emailing, calling. what I learned is every building has different needs, just like the Managers. Co works were awesome and very helpful. hardest part of the job was making sure every need is fulfilled in a timely matter.

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

losing accounts that are out of your control

fast paced enviorment

emails, payroll. setting up appointments, travel to locations , inspections , time management , The hardest part of this job - Its never ending. Enjoyable- I work with some great people!

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

I have to be avalible 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Industrial Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5