Global Industrial Services

Global Industrial Services Employee Reviews for Landscape Technician

Landscape Technician11 reviews

Fun & stressful

I did like the job when i first got it.But the company got new management an i stoped liking it.the new manager was to much to handle if you ask me.it was great in the beginning four months later. I started to hate the job because of new manager

Pros

Great place for site seeing

Cons

Manager isnt a good person

They have there ups an downs

If u like to.work.for a company that's all about them selfs an doesnt even respect there employees . They have no comunication skills or.respect at all . They will act like the best work place u can be at first then after u have been there for.6 months or so everything changes an there true colors come out.they want with out using the chain of who was there. I just want people to.know the truth about it .just go ask some of the employees at circle k before Aplying .

Pros

Money is good an a couple of thw empoyees are good

Do not work there worst company ever!!

Among not being paid enough for the job the micromanagement and the lies and all the Chiefs passing Passing things around where they’re so confusing they don’t come out right at the end. Then they will try and put the blame on you and they will lie to you and as for insurance and benefits there are none unless you want to pay $6000 out of your pocket they cover the rest. They will fire you at any time they also follow you around in a truck

Cons

Not bad. Landscaping only.

Good company up work for. Enjoyed traveling to different towns mowing properties. Got some great experience mowing and trimming shrubs. Used top line equipment to work with.

Horrible

Global is a horrible place to work they set you up to fail very few good people very few none of which is management they micro manage everything and belittle you in front of all your peers then say very degrading things about you to other coworkers makes you do there personal work at there homes on company time. I put in a 2 weeks notice got to a job sight then got fired this place is not worth your time or sanity

Productive workplace

start-time varied on the day. 7 am to 3 pm learned how to run landscaping crew as well as basic tasks to be proficient management varied person to person

What a joke

Started out making 14/hr and at the interview the manager said after 3 months we could talk about a raise. The day I hit my three months I brought it up and the manager avoided me and the topic numerous times to the point I gave up. They have you do horrible jobs like cutting down poison sumac trees without any special gear to prevent getting the poisonous oils on you (I broke out with it shortly after to where I almost had to go to the hospital). If you want health benefits the only coverage they offer is a 6000 dollar deductible and they’ll cover anything above 6g’s. The supervisor will follow you in his truck and sit in his vehicle all day and do nothing but complain if something was missed. Must be nice to make 22/hr to do nothing. The manager of our region made us do his own personal house every other week but told us not document it (seems sketchy to me). Don’t bother asking for a raise, there’s no room to grow, they could care less about Heath concerns if you have to deal with any poisonous plants or trees, you are expected to spray weed killer but legally you have to receive training and they don’t provide that and still expect it from you. Management is a joke. Don’t just take my advice; read all the other comments haha. This place can burn to the ground by some natural disaster and I would just laugh.

Would not recommend

To bad you can give this place a zero. Management is so poor that's why they cant keep a supervisor. Manager says one thing then turns words around and puts blame on someone. Lead person is his little puppet really doesn't do much and gets away with everything. Management is very shady, to where they even forge paperwork, seen it happen myself. They expect you to work around the clock. Raises are unheard of. You can be there for any number of years and a new person will come in making just as much. Just an unbelievable outfit. Management gets away with way to much. Maybe corporate just doesn't know what actually takes place there. Wouldnt recommend anyone to go there til management changes cause it's not worth the headache. Oh and if you know all aspects of the job be expected to work all the time for the same pay as people who only do one job. And dont forget they offer no benefits. If the manager doesnt want you there anymore he'll make up something and say well i can lay you off so you can get unemployment, Way to much behind the scene talk about emoloyees, talks down to employees. No one is respected. Very poor work atmosphere. You can go above and beyond and its not appreciated. Sorry but people need to know what takes place in the Syracuse branch. Theres so much more i could say.

Unproffesional

They don't care about the workers interests. They promised annual raises that were not received. They did supply proper work equipment for everyday tasks. They don't even try to listen to the reasoning of the employees as to why things aren't getting done in a timely fashion. And they expect there employees to drop everything else in there lives to keep up the best interest of the company without giving them anything in return. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone that has any shred of self respect.

Pros

decent pay for hourly workers

Cons

Inexperienced managers, unpaid lunches, no sick days, lack of equiptment

Terrible

Incredibly ridiculous and embarrassing management within the company. Favoritism for certain employees. Does not comply to regulations regarding driving DOT vehicles. Underpays certain workers due to license limitations. Cut hours, rain days means no work. Winter time is either 4 hours a week or 60+ depending on how much snow accumulates. Mowing for nearly 100+ commercial sites.

Cons

Literally everything.

Don't work for this company

They treat you like garbage and never give you a raise, They also never seem to have time to a fix anything or get you the right equipment, that's enough information to know how they operate.

Pros

Non

Cons

The entire company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Industrial Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5