Global Industrial Services
View all Global Industrial Services reviews

Global Industrial Services

Global Industrial Services Employee Review

Love the flexibility but the manager is a jerk

Work-life balanceBest part of job is daily flexibilityPay & benefitsAverage pay for the area. Healthcare benefits are very expensiveJob security and advancementNo room for advancementManagementManager in Johnstown region is extremely rude and belittlingCultureEverything needs reported back to the boss and then he will rip you apart about what is wrong.OverallLove the ability to self schedule your day. Be aware they offer health care benefits but they are extremely expensive based on the salary. If you have to use your own car to do the route be aware they do no reimburse for mileage/gas. If you have a long route it's really not worth the wear and tear on your car and the gas expense eats up large chunk of your pay. The Johnstown regional manager is a jerk. He'll be nice when you first start but don't make a mistake or ask questions. If you make a mistake he will send out a group text message belittling you. I've gotten to the point of not asking questions or reporting problems, unless it's a true emergency because I don't want to deal with him at all. Cons definitely outweigh the pros with this company.

1.0Job security/advancement

I could not ask for a better place to work. They are like my family to me.

I do not know more to say. There has not been a better work place to work in my life, only with the Covid-19 all jobs have slowed. I still keep in touch with them and if possible will try to channel some of my income their way since their jobs have been slow.

Pros

scheduled me as I needed both with long runs and limiting run for sleep time.

Cons

The Covid-19 virus has limited the work.

Its a temp agency

It's a temp agency for truck drivers.. You are under paid .. but is what it is .. if you need work they can find it for you.. What else is there to say

Flexibility

If you're looking for a full time job with flexibility pertaining to time off and multiple employers, this is the place for you. Pay has improved over time. It's worth considering employment with so many opportunities for fresh starts and possibly full time future employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Industrial Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

2.1Job security/advancement

Global Industrial Services Reviews by Location

• Global Industrial Services
  • Love the flexibility but the manager is a jerk