Glentel Employee Review

Changing, Challenging and Engaging
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston2 February 2014
Typical Day: Come to work, sign into a computer, check rate and rate sheets for updates, change applicable signage, Check emails, sign task list, audit sales contracts, and complete a cash in/cash out. We do not take the deposit and change until coverage comes in. Midday coverage is responsible for shipping the Damaged on arrival merchandise and checking in store transfers. In stock merchandise must be count once a day. Among light cleaning and assisting guests with their cellular needs we also made records and logs to monitor sales productivity.

When I went into cell phones I got the concept as I have become very familiar when using my own. I learnt tons of product knowledge I didn't know before and gave myself a different perspective.

Management is very motivating and encourages competition. I really enjoy being motivated positively.All of my co-workers work together and you can depend on them to help any guest.

The hardest part is explaining all of the information and why device costs are so high . Alot of people don't understand why the carriers have higher rates and why phone prices are so expensive. Learning how the customer takes in the information so that you can change your tactics to communicate with them.

I love the challenge and constant changes. I have been in retail for almost tens years and new opportunities never scare me.
Pros
independence and responsibility
Cons
shorter shifts

Other Glentel Employee Reviews

Fantastic Employer
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB29 January 2018
Great commission structure. Fantastic management with a lot of support provided for employees. Lots of opportunity for advancement and management programs give a lot of training
Productive, fast paced working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2018
Glentel has been a great position for me thus far. Its a fast paced environment, that rewards hard workers. A typical day includes dealing with a multitude of different customers and personalities and finding the perfect balance between want and need, and finding the best possible solution.
Pros
meeting new people, learning about the ever changing wireless industry
Cons
Long hours on feet