Glentel Inc Employee Reviews

The people were really what made Glentel a great place to work
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 April 2018
When I started it was a small company with less than 100 people at head office. It really felt like family, everyone knew everyone. My boss at the time was very supportive and always encouraged me to work outside my comfort zone as he knew I could do so much more. I loved how I was treated like what I did really mattered. I truly enjoyed going into work every day.
good pay
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
good pay structure for a retail job that does not need any experience, most of the management is good to work with. salary and benifits are good, easy going company
A good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 January 2018
Definitely a place where the staff makes work fun. Always new customers and always we challenges daily. I liked the competitive atmosphere which made working fun.
Pros
The people
Cons
Pay Structure
Terrible Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia19 November 2017
For my time at Glentel I really saw what favoritism is. Unless you are at a heavy traffic location don't expect to make sales and don't expect to be treated fairly. My location was one of the slower ones and I guess that gives our District Manager to treat us horribly. While all this is happening the stores with heavier traffic are allowed to get away with pretty much anything from giving out free accessories to doing FRAUD. Highly do not recommend anyone to work here unless you enjoy getting treated like a slave.
Pros
The people you work with if you're lucky
Cons
Long hours, No appreciation, and favoritism
New Managment team
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 November 2017
After the acquisition the management team was changed.

Primary focus for the office staff is to always support the Sales Staff.

New management does not like being challenged.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2017
Glentel and its wireless locations are welcoming and make you feel at home. Room for advancement, opportunities available, and an overall great opportunity to gain experience in the wireless and sales industry
Challenging and Collaborative Environment
Assistant Sales /Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Glentel has a strong team of very talented management individuals who constantly push for the highest success. Very competitive sales environment, driven staff members.
Blessed to have such an opportunity
Sales and Consultant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2017
Hey guys,

To whoever is looking forward to work in this Corporation, it is a great Organization even though you operate and manage the store as if it was your own. Management is pretty mediocre. If you are a people person, then you will fit right in. If you provide the right service to each and every single client then you will see its outcome throughout the years to come. My advice is to stick at one location for as many years as possible, the outpour of your comeback will be tremendous and so will your income increase exponentially.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, benefits, company matches your 4%
Cons
Bad Management, poor choices of DM's
Good place to work-
Wireless wave, Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
Good people, the environment fosters one of competition and constantly striving to exceed targets. The training provided was excellent and they have a great development program!
Great Company
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 May 2017
Great company. I learned a lot but advancing is minimal and culture is non existent.

I do have to say that the people are great and the business is always exciting. Wireless is a fast paced environment.
Fun if your young
Sales Associate and Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 April 2017
Management is very strict and you must be comfortable with the product you are selling. Commission is taxed by 1/3 which is a lot and phone contract knowledge is a must
Great Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 April 2017
I immensely enjoyed my time there working with great people. Only reason I left was because I realized I didn't like to work in sales. Some days could be very slow but working with the store's members was fun.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Small work space
Good
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 March 2017
Working at Glentel is fun there are a lot of social events. I learned a lot about telecommunications. Culture in head office is good and fun. Not many food places close by.
bien
Gérant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval, St-Jérôme, Montréal3 March 2017
Bien en général, possibilité d'avancement réduite.
Good salary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2017
The job is to sell cellphones.

It is a great place to work, for a sales representative there is a lot of money involve if you are good.

I like the atmosphere of the store and team.
Great team culture
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
Glentel Inc. focuses on giving the best customer service experience. It is a very friendly place. You have tons of opportunity. The higher up managers are very friendly and great advisers. The Glentel University is also very helpful in building product knowledge.
Good place to learn about sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2016
A good way to earn commission if your sales are high enough. Little opportunity for advancement unless the district manager like you, despite your track record.
Je ne me rappel pas
associé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval-ouest, QC26 February 2016
Je ne peut pas donner d'information car cela fait trop longtemps
Fast-paced, fun and shiny new gadgets
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto. ON30 July 2015
Best place for comparative mobile telecom products and services. Very experienced and knowledgeable staff willing to provide world class customer service.
Pros
Meet awesome people and play with the latest gadgets
Cons
challenging work environment
Glentel was definitely an experience working on commission.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2015
Although I was in a part-time role at Glentel during my undergrad, it was definitely an experience working on a plateau-based commission environment. The training and experience working with referral based customers was definitely interesting and there were strategies that were taught to me that I still use today. Nonetheless, I did not want to stay much longer than a few months only because the experience that I create with my customers meant more than a dollar value. The perks and commission structure was great, but only became greater the more you sold.
Pros
Work perks, Cool events
Cons
Commission based

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glentel Inc. Our community is ready to answer.