GLENLYON NORFOLK SCHOOL

GLENLYON NORFOLK SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews

Lovely place to work

I really enjoyed being an Educational Assistant there. I worked for a year with a student and had lots of support from the lead Educational Specialists who helped me understand how to do my job better and how to make a positive impact on the students.

Wonderful place to work and make a difference

As an educational assistant we are treated with the upmost respect and support. Every teacher working there has a heart of gold and really love what they do. The Beach Drive location at the junior school is just a gorgeous place to work too!

Pros

Kind staff, supportive parents, warm environment and community of teachers, students and parents.

Cons

Not too many cons really.

Insights into GLENLYON NORFOLK SCHOOL

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Fast paced. High expectations from admin and parents.

Working 8:00 am- 4:00 pm. I learned that working hard is not everything. Socializing with colleagues is equally important. Workplace is friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was when my students told me I was the best teacher.

Somethings are great

Some aspects of working here are great, some are less so. The Leadership team are great. The community is fabulous. The pay for the expected hours of work is mediocre.

Pros

your coworkers will be fabulous

Great school

Lots of on the job learning, friendly staff, state of the art facilities. Carried out repairs, painted, landscaped. Was trusted to carry out duties with no supervision.

Overall a good experience, but at times tedious.

Working as a tour guide was overall a great experience. I found that going back to the same places over and over again became a bit tedious, but most of the students enjoyed it which made it worth it! This gave me an opportunity to make friends from across the world and learn some new things about Japan.

Pros

Free lunches

IB School with high standards for staff & students! Great new fitness gym!

Typical day starts at 8am and finishes around 5pm. Monday to Friday the school schedule is full of academic, social and volunteer activities. I learned that GNS sets the academic standard for students in all of the schools that I have taught. The management at GNS is very supportive of staff and school expectations are clear. The workplace culture is good! Most staff appear to be happy. The hardest part of the day is maintain the incredible amount of energy and focused that required to help support the students all day long. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the students challenge themselves academically, excel in sports and volunteer in the community.

Pros

Great teachers! Good academic facilities.

Cons

Lunch are not the most nutritious or creative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLENLYON NORFOLK SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement